• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

Bladenic

It's that dark skin, white hair combo. Does it every time.

Character assassination? She's just a badass robot. Kaguya and Morrigan are certainly something special, though.

I mean, considering she used to be a badass robot without having her tits flop out, I'd say there's at least some ruination there :p

ohlawd

well I forgot a lot of characters so I made an edit.

so... is it ok to use items?

There doesn't seem to be any store system, am afraid i'm gonna be out of items when needed later on.

You should. The 10% HP and XP items you will probably top out every chapter. It'd be a waste not to use them.

If you're really itching for items, find an enemy that has a block meter. Destroy the shield and hit it a couple more items so it puts up another shield; break it again.

TWILT

Banned
Leanne > Morrigan > Erica > Riela > Alisa (God Eater) > Kaguya > Chun-Li > The rest >>>>> Juri

God I hate Juri. >_>

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Alisa, Leanne, and Morrigan are indeed top tier. Agreed with the Juri bit :x

Imca is up there too.

P90

If I had to choose a waifu, it'd be between Erica (holy shit dat VA hnnngggg) and Alisa.

Both godlike VAs, both S grade waifu.

I have a anime crush on the Sakura Taisen girls. I would say Sakura, then Erica, (Ri isn't in Project X. :( ), then Gemini. Other than the ST girls, Morrigan is a hottie. I like Hsien-ko also. The others girls, are ok.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Fuck. I hate it when they don't tell you that a stage will end if you just beat ONE of the bosses. Just missed a chest on Chapter 8 because of that. =/

javac

Even if I know what the game was about, I wasn't able to explain to my cousin in my own words.

Lol :p Either way it's definitely a unique game that's carved it's own little niche and is selling decently I believe! People seem to be enjoying it so you can't complain!

ohlawd

Fuck. I hate it when they don't tell you that a stage will end if you just beat ONE of the bosses. Just missed a chest on Chapter 8 because of that. =/

yo wat.

It says so in the requirements page. Press X twice to bring it up alongside Database and other stuff.

Loona

Eh, she always wore fetish gear. Shion treated her like a dress up doll.

Sylphy (shopkeeper from Forgotten Worlds) was even worse about in in NxC, although those outfits on KOS-MOS (I distinctly recall cat ears) and M.O.M.O. were probably from Xenosaga anyway.

LuuKyK

I am on chapter 32 and my interest in playing the game is slowly fading away. The other guy who posted that this game overstays its welcome described it best. Its a great game until you have no more characters to unlock. Its meant to be a fanservice game, and while it does have a fun gameplay, the moment the fanservice ends/doesnt get renewed, the game loses half its shine. I will finish it, but these last 10 chapters are one of the most unnecessary things I have ever witnessed in gaming. It literally should not be there. Its not like without it, it would be a short game. I will just end it and pretend the last 8 chapters never existed.

ohlawd

guys if you're really having trouble with making any progress, just stop and play something else for a while. Come back when you're itching to make some headway and see some of Morrigan's awesome floppage.

Truth be told, I prooooobably dislike this game more than the rest of you combined but I pushed through cuz I didn't want to add another game on my "started playing this game but haven't finished it yet" side of my backlog (got too many games in that category)

Most people get put off by the game on the later chapters and they take longer to do so do one chapter a day. That's about 1-3 hours? Pretty wide range but eh, the last few chapters are freaking insane.

Sadist

Hey I got a game over screen at chapter 15!

So uh, those four yellow goblins that run away, how do I catch them? My characters weren't fast enough, I only managed to catch one. Should I mix up the solo units, is there a secret passage I don't know about?

Jintor

Skills. The +2 movement range on all allies move that the Sakura Wars duo have is particularly helpful, as are ZOC nullifiers.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Beat this yesterday morning. Had to go all out on the last chapter. I was worried I might actually get my first game over. I got to the point I purposely ended my combo's prematurely just to guard break an enemy to get an additional item.

Timing in this game is key. It always feels good to land that critical when landing a super attack.

As repetitive as the game is, it was pretty fun.

Plus I got more awesome with Reiji Arisu and Haken Browning.

SHINRA BANSHO!

NG+ is gonna have to wait till after SMT4 though.

Jintor

i keep forgetting i can just pop a few of these THOUSANDS of meter-building items I have instead of conserving meter until it cycles around to someone who can actually use it

Just got this game yesterday on a random, heat-induced impulse buy (along with Muramasa Rebirth on my Vita).

Six chapters in so far, and I gotta say...Sanger deserved to be more than just a support unit. At least his theme music made it into the English version of the game, though...

vctor182

So uh, those four yellow goblins that run away, how do I catch them? My characters weren't fast enough, I only managed to catch one. Should I mix up the solo units, is there a secret passage I don't know about?

Use Oogami's (Sakura Wars) skill Wind to get Range +2, If character placements are set then move Haken/Kaguya closest and use his snipe skill to extend his reach, pair him with a solo unit and leave another unit close to get support. You should be able to kill them 1 by one 1 per turn easily

Use Oogami's (Sakura Wars) skill Wind to get Range +2, If character placements are set then move Haken/Kaguya closest and use his snipe skill to extend his reach, pair him with a solo unit and leave another unit close to get support. You should be able to kill them 1 by one 1 per turn easily

this is what I did as well. I also used skills that increases your speed so you actually get more moves and can then get more of the party up to the goblins

Sadist

Thanks, and I already cleared using those skills.

I found that Yuri's/Estelle's Battle March(?) skill helped as well.

attaching Flynn with your highest speed pair (for me it was Zephyr and Leanne) is another option as he has the Marching Orders skill which does the same thing.

edit: ah, nevermind then!

Finally got around to this game since I can't find my Fire Emblem game at the moment. God this game is addicting to me. I started yesterday and got up to CH.9 by the end of the day. I'm loving the dialog between certain characters such as Vashyron's to the females and others.

geebee

Banned
At which chapter do new playable characters stop showing up? I don't know if I can stick it out for the entire game..

Mrcapcom

I just used the +1 or +2 so you can have more to walk on and just kept following them and ignore fights I caught up and got em

I hate to ask becuase I'm super hype and I can't wait but when can you play as Megaman and Zero? I been waiting for ever. I think I/m on chapter 15 or 19 lol one The chapter where your on the ship and can control KOS-MOS for the first time. I swear when I started I was on chapter 15 but everytime they move to a different section I skip chapters so im guessing 19

I just used the +1 or +2 so you can have more to walk on and just kept following them and ignore fights I caught up and got em

I hate to ask becuase I'm super hype and I can't wait but when can you play as Megaman and Zero? I been waiting for ever. I think I/m on chapter 15 or 19 lol one The chapter where your on the ship and can control KOS-MOS for the first time. I swear when I started I was on chapter 15 but everytime they move to a different section I skip chapters so im guessing 19

i think that's chapter 21 or 22

Top Bottom