• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

demidar

demi, you posted your EOIV demo impressions before and... you weren't really impressed hahah. I think it's in one of those "Just got a 3DS, recommend me games" threads.

No, I have never posted impressions about EOIV before this (though I have talked about it in a non-gameplay sense) and I don't think I ever posted in a 3DS recommendation thread. Even did some searches. I think you got me confused with someone else lawd :p

OT: I have about 5 stages left. This game is long :/

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah the game is full of references, even on random stuff.

And even after replaying the game I still don't like the God Eater cast.

Nezzhil

Finished the game with 75 hours! (some are from the training mode, the encyclopedia and fight until the last goon is defeated before fight the bosses).

+ The gameplay is really improved in PxZ.
- The
bad
plot of NxC is better than the
bad
plot of PxZ.
- The transitions between games are less random in NxC than in PxZ.
+ The cast is better in PxZ. Capcom is better in PxZ (Dante, real RE characters, Devilotte, Batsu..., but not Haggar and Strider), Namco is a hit and miss (still Valkyrie :3 and Heihachi, but we lose King, Klonoa and the retro arcade cast like Taizo Hori -DigDug-), Sega is new, but in general the additions are awesome (Bruno, Ulala, Sakura cast...)
In the bad guys side, some are cooler in the prequel (Bison > Seth, Saya > Due, Skeith, God Eater's monster and others are boring), others like Lord Raptor are great in both, and some of the new baddies like Ciceraux or Vile are great additions.

But, the major point that make PxZ better than NxC is because
Akuma
isn't there.

Fake edit: Sorry for my bad english ^^U

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Ya know what the next game needs? More magic casters! The Blade, Fist, an Gun user representation in this one was pretty even. But magic? That was down to just Estelle & Cyrille! I mean there were even more "alternative" type attackers then that!

-Horizon-

Well, chapter 39 wasn't fun to beat.
wave of bosses after bosses and then a limited 8 turn "beat the demon boss obsessed with soul salvation dude" I can't freakin remember his name and I just played it.

ohlawd

No, I have never posted impressions about EOIV before this (though I have talked about it in a non-gameplay sense) and I don't think I ever posted in a 3DS recommendation thread. Even did some searches. I think you got me confused with someone else lawd :p

OT: I have about 5 stages left. This game is long :/

I'm going to go through your post history one of these days because I'm soooo certain it's you lol.

wave of bosses after bosses and then a limited 8 turn "beat the demon boss obsessed with soul salvation dude" I can't freakin remember his name and I just played it.
You're so close, Horizon, you can sah-mell it.

Jintor

Lol and I only just got past... episode 30 or episode 31, the one in the garden again

Not only are they reusing bosses, they've been reusing maps for the last few chapters too... sigh...

Boss Doggie

Why did they change Bruno's look btw? Is it because of the semblance to Bruce Willis?

Defeat X bosses become easy when you use mooks to build up XP and unleash it on the boss.

-Horizon-

Finally beat the game, activity log says exactly 68 hours (but actually probably less because I left the game open a few times and walked away to do something else)

That last chapter, I just stopped caring.
I spammed every healing and experience boosting item I had just to keep attacking the boss with specials. I ignored every other enemy and went only for the main enemy. Never again -.-

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Finally beat the game, activity log says exactly 68 hours (but actually probably less because I left the game open a few times and walked away to do something else)

That last chapter, I just stopped caring.
I spammed every healing and experience boosting item I had just to keep attacking the boss with specials. I ignored every other enemy and went only for the main enemy. Never again -.-

Yeah it was brutal. I had to go all out.

vctor182

Finally finished the game, 69 hrs and most characters lvl 55. Last chapter was brutal but I expected it and delivered the final blow to the boss after every "goon" was defeated, not to mention that each of them went down with a special attack so it took me more than 2 hours to finish it. I was exhausted and very satisfied.

My max hit was 158 hits with Haken/Kaguya, they did 71k damage. Gameplay was great, very entertaining, I played mostly in 3D, it gave the game a nice look. I plan to play a new game+ after SMT4 (which will take more than this game).

It would've been cool if they added streetpass funcionality, make your 5 unit team and send it to compete to another player (obviously nerfing damage output). Or at the least giving items to other players.

9/10 in my book, it doesn't need to have a deep story-line or character backgrounds, the gameplay and entertainment I got from this game is great.

ohlawd

Anyone that can beat the final chapter with no items used whatsoever will have my respect... which doesn't really amount to much.

L.O.R.D

Anyone that can beat the final chapter with no items used whatsoever will have my respect... which doesn't really amount to much.

it will be very hard, but not impossible
in first play throw...sure ( but not in NG+ )
kaguya and haken have skill to heal every one to max
other character have skill to heal all status like poisons and burns

ohlawd

it will be very hard, but not impossible
in first play throw...sure ( but not in NG+ )
kaguya and haken have skill to heal every one to max
other character have skill to heal all status like poisons and burns

iunno just can't see it happening.

No way you can keep up with the XP requirements for Kaguya's full heal. I think you'll be overwhelmed long before you're close to finishing.

It's like 140% for full heal, isn't it? You'll have to sacrifice damage for XP building with Cross Hits and that sure as hell doesn't deal meaningful damage to one enemy unit, never mind the 24982342+ other enemies.

Boss Doggie

Actually once characters have 4 or 5 hits, pumping up XP isn't hard. That's why weaker enemies are there.

vctor182

iunno just can't see it happening.

No way you can keep up with the XP requirements for Kaguya's full heal. I think you'll be overwhelmed long before you're close to finishing.

It's like 140% for full heal, isn't it? You'll have to sacrifice damage for XP building with Cross Hits and that sure as hell doesn't deal meaningful damage to one enemy unit, never mind the 24982342+ other enemies.
Kaguya full heal costs 130% and you can equip an item to lower xp costs of skills and start building the meter with the last 3 units before her. If you do the five hits with cross attacks each unit can make over 50%

demidar

Actually once characters have 4 or 5 hits, pumping up XP isn't hard. That's why weaker enemies are there.

Yeah, equip an item that give +30% to XP generation and start cross hitting like crazy. You can get up to 50+% XP from a single fight easy.

Finally finished the game after 68 hours. That last stage, geez that was obnoxious. The ending was fine in my opinion. There really isn't much more to say.

ohlawd

heh I still have my doubts >_>

I'd love (no wait, I actually don't) to try it out but you guys are free to do it.

edit: oh eff, yeah you guys are right. I completely forgot about the 30% XP boost equip.

Boss Doggie

I still don't get the sprite change for Bruno, as well as a change of his music. Did the Die Hard game use the same music?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
How would you guys rate the game against both FE:A and Disgea(psp)?

Boss Doggie

It's not really a deep game. With that said it beats the shit out of Disgaea just for being more varied in design and not being a chore and redundant to play.

antibolo

Banned

Oh boy. If you compare this game to Fire Emblem you're just going to be disappointed. Whereas the Fire Emblem series is well known for its challenging gameplay and refined mechanics, Project X Zone is ridiculously easy, and kinda dumb. The fun in PXZ comes from the quirky/stylish fighting game inspired battle system and the crazy crossover fanservice. If you're looking for a deep turn based strategy experience, don't even bother with this game.

I like both games, but for VERY different reasons.

As for Disgaea, I hate the Disgaea series so I won't bother attempting any comparison.

I don't think they're really comparable. While those two are more firmly in the genre of SRPGs, PxZ has more in common with maybe fighting games and other than the grid-based movement there isn't much "strategy" required.

That said, I would rank them FE>PxZ>Disgaea.

Finally finished this game last night. What an endurance run those last battles were. Decent game but could have stood to be 20 hours shorter. I was forcing myself to beat it around the last several chapters.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Just got this game. Don't know if I should start, or save it for sometime later this year. I'm still playing through SMTiV and Mario & Luigi comes out soon!

Nezzhil

I still don't get the sprite change for Bruno, as well as a change of his music. Did the Die Hard game use the same music?

Because SEGA America/Europe used the movie licence with the first game (where Bruno is John McClane), but not with the second (where Bruno is Bruno). So they made all the changes in his clothes and the music to reference the second game and don't enter in legal problems with 20th Century Fox.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
PXZ Question of the Forever: Would you pat Neneko on the head? o.o

fwiw I thought that chapter was pretty nice an simple. It was such a small battlefield that it wasn't hard ta group baddies for multi-attacks an very little if any backtracking needed!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's a mystery, it is!

.....need to get around to checking out the anime that was based on her game. Get a better understanding of the enemies that appeared from her game.

Completed chapter 39 yesterday. Wasn't as bad as I was expecting it, though I'm really running low on items now. Gonna try & finish this along with Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time by Tuesday so I can change focus to Dragon's Crown for a bit.

Boss Doggie

Because SEGA America/Europe used the movie licence with the first game (where Bruno is John McClane), but not with the second (where Bruno is Bruno). So they made all the changes in his clothes and the music to reference the second game and don't enter in legal problems with 20th Century Fox.

Wait, Dynamite Cop 2 was released overseas?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Given what I've seen of her, I'd play an RPG starring Neneko. She stays on the correct side of the adorable/annoying line for me.

Boss Doggie

Technically, Dynamite Cop = Dynamite Deka 2. The original Dynamite Deka in Japan = Die Hard Arcade in the US.

Though yes, Dynamite Deka 2/Cop was released in the US on the Dreamcast.

Ahh I see. So most is dependent on the second game.

I know they went for Busujima because he has special powers, but I wonder what would've happened if they picked the guys from Time Crisis.

Top Bottom