• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

Bladenic

OMG
chapter 40 is super insane
is there good strategy to finish this chapter with minimum losses ?

I found it pretty easy actually lol. I mean you should have a good amount of healing items by now, shouldn't be a problem. Just save some for the last stage.

Oh and I could pull off crazy criticals with Jin and Akira. Yuri not so much unfortunately.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Never had losses save for the final boss lol

Yuri is hard to crit for some odd reason, yeah. Same with Chris/Jill, but I guess it's mostly to the odd "pause" before attacking in their attacks.

I'm posting in this thread as I just recently found out it's an actual thing and it's actually coming out to the US?!

Bought! I'm getting it for the sheer novelty of all those game characters. I just saw the gifs in the favorite attack animations thread.

demidar

Never had losses save for the final boss lol

Yuri is hard to crit for some odd reason, yeah. Same with Chris/Jill, but I guess it's mostly to the odd "pause" before attacking in their attacks.

Yuri's neutral and left start with an Azure Blade (that blue projectile thing) which is really easy to crit with, his down is fairly hard since it has instant startup meaning you gotta do it right as the enemy is on the ground. his right has a slight delay but it's easy if you concentrate, and up is very slightly slower to come out than down. He's all over the place.

Easy ones include Dante/Demitri, Akira/Pai, Kos-Mos/Telos (maybe) and Ogami/Sakura.

I'm posting in this thread as I just recently found out it's an actual thing and it's actually coming out to the US?!

Bought! I'm getting it for the sheer novelty of all those game characters. I just saw the gifs in the favorite attack animations thread.

It is indeed an actual thing that came out in the US a month ago. It's a load of fun, but I've put it on hold ever since I got SMTIV.

L.O.R.D

m5zn_90b5188ad3ab120.jpg

just finished the game

m5zn_b377f8db10c31d7.jpg

65 hours
i really really liked this game, from the combo to characters to the OST...almost everything
the final boss give me pain ..and i am like
sxkd0rv.jpg

seriously..the final 2 chapters was insane , but not that hard
its very enjoyable game
and thank god for the Japanese voice acting
i liked the voice of VAVA ( Vile )
and Selvaria Bles ,which is same voice actress for Erza Scarlet on Fairy Tail
49772_1289099735_100_100.jpg

and final boss
meden traore
is the same voice actor for Jiraiya on Naruto
anime-jiraiya-806786.gif

after i finished the game..the ending is some how remix of the opening song
m5zn_d3eeb7d44de9531.jpg

yes..that what i want, sadly not all the BGM is available on the sound track disc
the New Game + is good option for people how want more

here my final thought for the game

+ the battle scenes and ultimate attacks
+ the OST is very good, they collect the BEST for every series they can
+ the story is some who okey , not bad, but ok , they have alot of comedy and action and intense situation and drama , i like chapter 29
+ this game make me think about old games that i never touched like megaman, tails , Sakura wars ( even if it not localized which is sad ) and super robot endless frontier
man, i missed alot of this games
- the game is very DS ish , really, they could do better then that
its almost like i am playing super robot on DS game, slightly enhanced
- very very repetitive gameplay
-the ending was somehow underwhelming ,
i thought something big will happen
-no cut scene and no FMV ? really ? this is 3DS game, you have some space to to some anime cut scene like the opening video
i want to watch how they enter to the next stage or...etc
- ulala , i really hate her, there is absolutely no point for her in this game, they should put Phantom R , it least his vice not annoying

overall...i give this game a STRONG 7 out of 10

if you have 3DS..you should buy this game,,,but not from the eShop.

i wish they do some little work to make this game better
if they do Remake for the WiiU ( i doubt that ) , they could add 20 more characters
like Dante's mother and side story for her ,
Sagata Sanshiro as solo character and more more more, but
i don't think will ever happen

ah..for the best character/ pair :Reiji & Xiaomu , very easy to master the critical hot with them, ans they are powerful
best special attack : Reiji & Xiaomu ,yuri and estelle , kite and BlackRose , Sakura and ogami ,, Haken Browning and Kaguya Nanbu
worst pair : Frank West & Hsien-Ko
worst solo : ulala ,bruce willis and Juri all of them is very hard to master them
best solo : Sänger ( i like this guy ) , Saya

Boss Doggie

Kinda sucks that you can't change the bgm that play during the special move, or if you can disable them.

Really hate it when Reiji and Xiamou does that.

L.O.R.D

Kinda sucks that you can't change the bgm that play during the special move, or if you can disable them.

Really hate it when Reiji and Xiamou does that.

yah, some times they change the BGM to something different, or the level music still playing on and on

but you can change the battle music

m5zn_a4a916c5da0a764.jpg

ohlawd

I still stand by Akira/Pai having the best music.

Fucking sick. I can roll into a random neighbourhood in a piece of shit van, play that joint and get everyone boppin' their head.

Boss Doggie

It's like the universe, or all of creation/nature

Not to be confused with the chocolates

I'd like a translation to the incantation. Kinda lame the translation is "By the power of the five elements..." when I can clearly hear fire, earth, air, water, and steel.

demidar

By your powers combined, I'm a game that's 20-30 hours too long!

Thank you for getting the reference. :D

Some of the generic post-battle lines are hilarious with the right (read: wrong) combination. Like Zephyr telling Neneko that "...[she's] pretty cool, you know".

L.O.R.D

So what does Shinra Bansho (Reiji's special attack) translate to or mean?

for the full translation

" Kimon Fuuji! "
" Ki wa hi wo umi,
Hi wa tsuchi wo umi,
Tsuchi wa kin wo umu,
Soshi te kin wa, mizu no umu!

Shinra Banshou! "

And the translation:

" Kimon Fuuji! "
" Wood fuels fire!
Fire creates earth!
Earth bears steel!
And steel carries water!

All of Creation!"

Ki - Mon - Fuu - Ji

Energy - Gate - Seal - Emperor's Seal

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/976070-super-robot-taisen-og-saga-mugen-no-frontier/54035152

clem84

Gold Member
There are 40 chapters??? I'm at chapter 18 and I was wondering if I was near the end. The game has been fun so far but I don't know if I'll make it to Chapter 40.

L.O.R.D

I think in the late 20 or early 30 chapters.

You're on the tree and Xiaomu says the rainbow is so stable that you can ride go-karts on it and be fine.

Something like that. I think someone posted a pic of it earlier in the thread.

cool
any other references ? i passed some of them, but forgot to post them

Played two more chapters tonight. I got into SMT IV and am trying to go back to this but...it's hard, haha.
I did the level with the Golden Goblins. It was cool to have Stehoney there and using his speed against you but damn there were a ton of enemies in that stage.

ohlawd

Played two more chapters tonight. I got into SMT IV and am trying to go back to this but...it's hard, haha.
I did the level with the Golden Goblins. It was cool to have Stehoney there and using his speed against you but damn there were a ton of enemies in that stage.
It's hard going back to a lesser game like PxZ when SMTIV's sitting there.

I suggest you forget about SMTIV for a bit and straight up marathon PxZ just to get it over with.

Bladenic

I still stand by Akira/Pai having the best music.

Fucking sick. I can roll into a random neighbourhood in a piece of shit van, play that joint and get everyone boppin' their head.

This isn't a dispute, Run the Tiger is the best hands down. Love it so much

ohlawd

Would be mine too werent for the stupid first person perspective ruining the game for me. t_t
Luu, I wish you could just suck it up and play the dang amazing game for what it is ;_;

Like I've already known for about a decade now but JRPGs suffer from huge fluff in their battle systems thanks to 3D models and the need for excessive animations. SMTIV and the other good shit like EOIV and SH don't have that shitty fluff in their systems everyone else is fond of.

demidar

Luu, I wish you could just suck it up and play the dang amazing game for what it is ;_;

Like I've already known for about a decade now but JRPGs suffer from huge fluff in their battle systems thanks to 3D models and the need for excessive animations. SMTIV and the other good shit like EOIV and SH don't have that shitty fluff in their systems everyone else is fond of.

EOIV turned me off because of the movement (wish there was an auto-move by tapping a space on the map), and the backgrounds hurt my eyes. Also multi-target spells cycle through damage numbers enemy by enemy instead of all at once like hitting a group with a boomerang in DQ games, and the damage numbers disappear too fast if I set the combat messages to the fastest.

LuuKyK

>_>

I downloaded the demo for EOIV and I almost had an aneurism playing it for two seconds. Its ultimate garbage. The find out the layout of the map gameplay is the worst thing ever. Not to be completely unfair, I think the UI, menus, artwork and OST is very good (but thats not where I am going to spend most of my time in-game, so it doenst really matter in the end). I am sorry but I am not going to throw 50 dollars in the trash, I value my money.

Fake Edit: I know SMTIV doesnt really play like EOIV but the battle is still such a turn off. And reports/reviews telling the plot is not that amazing and character not being so remarkable, not counting the silent protagonist. Yeah... no. As much as I like ATLUS, I am not buying it. Not until it drops its price considerably.

ohlawd

Already knew you guys weren't fond of EOIV based on your old posts but still breaks my heart to read. It is what it is, though.

And the reviewers have got it all wrong with the plot and especially the characters in SMTIV. I felt a lot of feels on my Chaos run and it was all because of the choices I've made.

LuuKyK

Already knew you guys weren't fond of EOIV based on your old posts but still breaks my heart to read. It is what it is, though.

Sorry! :((

Not the intention... its just reality I guess. There is no enjoyment in playing it for me. Nothing I can do. I tried. There are some things you cant change...

/drama

demidar

And the reviewers have got it all wrong with the plot and especially the characters in SMTIV. I felt a lot of feels on my Chaos run and it was all because of the choices I've made.

I'm not sure I ever spoke about disliking EOIV/first person RPGs before this.

LuuKyK

I'm not sure I ever spoke about disliking EOIV/first person RPGs before this.

To be fair to him, I think he was mainly referring to me. I've said several times before that the first person perspective is one of my main complaints in RPGs/JRPGs.

ohlawd

demi, you posted your EOIV demo impressions before and... you weren't really impressed hahah. I think it's in one of those "Just got a 3DS, recommend me games" threads.

LuuKyK

Why's that? I personally don't really care.

I would find my older posts where I explained it better, but basically I think its lame, and in SMTIV specially because they already have the 3D model for the characters running around, but couldnt do some new animations for the battle? Its seems lazy to me. Its understandable because of the tremendous amount of demons that would require a 3D model but still. I just cant stand the first person perspective in JRPGs, and thats it. Haha You know when you cant really explain something you just hate? :p Thats the case for me here. It just annoys me, breaks the immersion and everything else.

Edit: Arent we going off topic here? :X

DR2K

Banned
This does not stop being awesome. Got to finish it before Dragon's Crown and Xilia.... coming out on the same god damn day.

ohlawd

This does not stop being awesome. Got to finish it before Dragon's Crown and Xilia.... coming out on the same god damn day.
yeh I want Dragon's Crown too but Pikmin 3, Tales of Xillia and DC all in the same damn week? Sorry Atlus, you don't get my money for now :(

Top Bottom