• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ps plus sucks and it’s a confusing mess

protonion

I unsubbed last month after the price increase.
I always buy the games I want and only play Rocket League online so... I just wasted money for no reason.
I have a few hundred items in my library so what I did is this:
Hide all the physical games and the garbage (free games I don't care about and bad purchases). So my library is just my good digital games. The disc games I don't really need to see them there.

And yes the interface is shit. The ps store may look fine for casual browsing but for a thorough search good luck. Filters work wrongly, searching tags of games do not bring correct results and this 3 part game page feels like a mess to navigate.

Unbelievable that Switch's store is the only one I have fun exploring.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
It's true to Sony's legacy - they have been garbage with online, library management, etc since PS3. How long did it take them to allow you to update your PSN name? 15 years? lol

You kind of just have to deal with this type of incompetence if you are going game primarily on PlayStation.

Chronicle

I guarantee you that punching some discs is more green than server rooms.
It doesn't matter where I live. The fact is that you will not find red dead redemption 2 on a trash. It will rot in someones attic for 100 years....
Besides - I don't care abou a fucking planet. I am not responsible for it's demise. It's the corporations and super rich. Jeff bezos pollutes as much as whole countries. fuck that. Meanwhile I can't use discs and plastic straws ?! no way I am getting beaten over the head with this green crap. Enough is enough.

good watch

Well then I rest my case. You're obviously entitled to use plastic straws for your large sugar drinks. And when your done you can just cast it aside and forget about it. Yes. Red dead redemption will still be in an attic a hundred years from now. In fact it will be here 100 million years from now. It doesn't biodegrade.

It's sad when life gets difficult because your too fat and sloppy to sip your sugar drink through a paper straw. Heaven forbid.

You also said you dont care about the planet. Why not? Too much effort? That's why the government needs to take action and ban disposable plastics. Cause you dont care and there is a fuck ton of people like you!

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Well then I rest my case. You're obviously entitled to use plastic straws for your large sugar drinks. And when your done you can just cast it aside and forget about it. Yes. Red dead redemption will still be in an attic a hundred years from now. In fact it will be here 100 million years from now. It doesn't biodegrade.

It's sad when life gets difficult because your too fat and sloppy to sip your sugar drink through a paper straw. Heaven forbid.

You also said you dont care about the planet. Why not? Too much effort? That's why the government needs to take action and ban disposable plastics. Cause you dont care and there is a fuck ton of people like you!
I am European. We are restricted on anything. You think I have plastic straws here? Nope. I wish.
As I’ve said. Eu is pinching hard on people doing green but it’s all 0.0001% anyway while ultra rich, Asia and USA pollute without a 2nd though. Meanwhile I am supposed to restrict my already minimal waste? Nah man. Ima get another rdr2 copy. Let that be someone else’s problem in 100 million years. Maybe some rich guy will make a business out of it.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Years ago PlayStation network was free, Sony is criticized for making people pay for multiplayer, steam experiences free multiplayer.

Chronicle

I am European. We are restricted on anything. You think I have plastic straws here? Nope. I wish.
As I’ve said. Eu is pinching hard on people doing green but it’s all 0.0001% anyway while ultra rich, Asia and USA pollute without a 2nd though. Meanwhile I am supposed to restrict my already minimal waste? Nah man. Ima get another rdr2 copy. Let that be someone else’s problem in 100 million years. Maybe some rich guy will make a business out of it.
Yup you've already said that: you feel your waste is justified and you'd like to waste more.

Good luck in Europe. It's beautiful there. Don't lose it.

Cheers!

John Travolta GIF

Imagine an adult using the term "xbot" unironically.

ps i dont own an Xbox
well you do seem to get the most butthurt from my comments.
Xbot explains perfectly how they change their positions on a whim depending on what the current talking point is. Like being programmed. So yes I use it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yeah. No one throws away video games. That never happens. You probably live in a city yes? Well I don't. I enjoy nature and don't need to see anymore plastic. Microplastics are plastic. Leave wildl8fe alone. Where does your trash go? If no one picked it up and made it disappear within a week you'd be neck deep in trash and it's all plastic (and that only takes a few days). It will never go away.

However I think we also need to reduce server farms and get that info out there too. I'm in the camp of reduce all waste.

We will agree to disagree. Thanks for your response.
To be fair, the world would be more efficient if everyone lived in apartments densely packed. There would be more walking, less driving and the government wouldnt need to build infrastructure so people who dont live in cities can still have roads, pipes, and hydro wires so a guy on a giant plot of land in the countryside can still have roads and utilities. When I used to live in condos they were 40 floor towers with about 10 units per floor. There was probably about 1000 people living in a plot of land and infrastructure that was less than one rural house being served in the outskirts.

As for rotif's BP YT video, I never knew BP did all that stuff.

But it's actually similar (marketing) to all the companies that promote eco-friendly products. My company does the same. We market them as high quality products that are safer for people and the environment and charge higher prices. And the retailer jacks it up even more. Or if it's line priced products, it's the same retail price as other items in the line, but the size of the product is -20% smaller.

It's all marketing because these eco products actually cost us less to make since it might have no dyes or scents to them. The efficacy of the product might be worse too because less cleaning chemicals in it the worse it cleans. But it's marketed as premium products at premium prices.

Companies want to sell more of this stuff not because they are eco-supporters. But because they make us the most money while using less materials or is smaller in size (save warehouse space and you can fit more product on a skid and into a truck).

Last edited:

skit_data

If there's anything about PS+ that really sucks is that because of having premium I can't see if something in my wishlist is on discount when using the mobile app. It just has a big "Trial version" text replacing the price label. That alone might make me drop to Extra, really wierd design/UI decision.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Surprisingly, sony refunded me.
Good on them.
I will reconsider subscribing but only as Essential or if they create some cheaper online only tier.
The whole mess is not for me right now.

Famipan

I'm kind of glad I only subbed to PS Plus through an alt-account. That way I don't get so confused by all the different version things... as long as the game is not currently installed on the console while the subscription has lapsed (but it should get a key-lock-icon).

But yeah, OP's critique is also about PS5 UI and PSN Store which are very bad. Finally they added support to edit custom lists and edit the order they were created in. I asked them on PS Blog to kindly add that feature and maybe they listened. But the game lists should be in main menu instead.
Why do I have scroll ALL THE WAY TO THE RIGHT to access my LIBRARY OF PURCHASED DIGITAL GAMES? If I had a physical PS5 I would just have to put in the disc and the game would be there, but it doesn't feel like Sony wants the Digital PS5 owners to play their games. Could it be that they just want you to QUICK & EASY access the CURRENT PS PLUS games ON THE FIRST TAB TO THE LEFT instead of playing your old purchased games stowed away in the most obnoxious place there is on the console, and which they can't charge you again for playing?

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The mess left after ps+ premium mess lingers lol.
Hogwarts Legacy now says "you have 41min left for the trial" when I try to launch the game without the disc in. Of course putting in the disc solves everything but as soon as I take the disc out, ps5 insists that I don't own the game and this trial i've tried in ps+ is what it is. This is especially stupid since I have NO ACCESS to trials without ps+
Bloodborne now got duplicated save file. I think it's duplicating itself for digital ps+ verison. If I delete the game, there is only 1 save file. if I install from the disc, save file duplicates lol. I cannot delete only 1 save file. both always select.

I wish there was a way to manage your licenses. I would love to REVOKE some demos, trials and ps+ version of games.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

The interface is torture. I was trying to check all the available games so I didn't rebuy a particular game from steam and it was nigh impossible.
No their credit, MS just figured this out and they have been in the entitlement license game for awhile now. It will come.... eventually.

Crayon

No their credit, MS just figured this out and they have been in the entitlement license game for awhile now. It will come.... eventually.

Oh wow... Unrelated to your comment here but when I read it had a 💡. I can search a game on the store to see if i already have it or if its on the sub! Too bad the store sucks, too lol. Still, a workaround.

But following the thread here, what do you mean by entitlement license? I've never heard that term and not even sure if I get the concept.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
As a multiplayer gamer I pay for online play.
Remove the online fee and I would unsub immediately.
I wish so much the online was either free or made cheaper and detached from any "free" crap.
I don't need monthly games I already own. I don't need cloud saves. I don't need trials or 10% additional discounts on a dlc to some crap game.

MarkMe2525

Oh wow... Unrelated to your comment here but when I read it had a 💡. I can search a game on the store to see if i already have it or if its on the sub! Too bad the store sucks, too lol. Still, a workaround.

But following the thread here, what do you mean by entitlement license? I've never heard that term and not even sure if I get the concept.
I am referring to content from services like gamepass, gold, ea play. I have heard these temporary licenses referred to as entitlements. I honestly don't know if I am correctly using the term, but it sounds right.

Crayon

I am referring to content from services like gamepass, gold, ea play. I have heard these temporary licenses referred to as entitlements. I honestly don't know if I am correctly using the term, but it sounds right.

Now that I think about it, I heard that term once long ago in regards to the PS3 before it came out.

Sony if you are listening please let me search my entitlements or I will accidentally repurchase games on steam. :<

aclar00

Shit...everyday i get about 5 notifications about my saves not being able to upload due to a conflict or something. Not that i use it, but another reason to add to why im not renewing.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Shit...everyday i get about 5 notifications about my saves not being able to upload due to a conflict or something. Not that i use it, but another reason to add to why im not renewing.

Goddamn I thought I was the only one.

I get warnings about saves from DMC5 and other games I haven't played over a year or more.

Every.fucking.time.

StueyDuck

i feel like each publshers (sony/MS/Nintendo) has had their stores and OS get progressively worse.

navigating the Eshop now vs Wii era is night and day, the switch comes to a crawl if you want to look at more than 2 pages of games it's also just littered with garbage. Sonys store front as you say has become harder to navigate, it use to be you go to the store and there were the new games, now you have to find a widget and scroll to the end and click off to a new screen. And finally the Xbox store was just a mess with the Xone, they've at least made some changes and updates over the years but it still just feels like a Mobile ad with some games between.

Last edited:

Aion002

I mean it's just asking you to choose the storage save or the cloud save, once you choose it's sorted.
This, plus:

After finishing playing, close the game, then turn off the console.

If the game is open and you turn off the console, next time you turn it on you will probably get that notification.

Last edited:
You can’t disable it
huh?
Of course you can disable cloud saves. The entire feature or per game. PS4 has auto-upload but that was only activated when going into hibernate, did nothing when just closing a game or shutting down the console. I think PS5 handles PS4 games the same. That would require me to use hibernate intentionally, since I don't use it. Disabling auto-upload requires you to manually up and download anything, per game, which is what I do. To archive my saves or sometimes for trophy sheananigans.
But PS5 autosync can also be switched to that mode, where you manually up or download your saves. Which if unused, is sorta like a disabled cloudsave. I think it would ask you if you want to use the save from the cloud once with a console that has no other save yet, but after that won't bother you.
Stream uses a separate cloud, which requires copying back and forth as well. Haven't used it for PS5 yet, but I assume if you know what you are doing, ie you have to know which way you need up or download, ie which is the right save and which the old, it should work just fine.

Syncing seems to be a bit unreliable since it asks me now and then which of the two saves it should use, even though both are already the same but I often anyway switch to manual uploading since I need control of what is uploaded to go specifically back to what I want and not the lastest always up to date sync.

Edit PS3 was/is entirely manually only. Which is kinda interesting since it has to be automatic on streaming, juggling your save from one unit to another. I think I lost once some progress on a PS3 Batman stream. An hour or something, whatever I had done the time before it crashed.

Last edited:

aclar00

I mean it's just asking you to choose the storage save or the cloud save, once you choose it's sorted.

No longer PS plus to verify, but i dont recall getting an iption to do anything, just a conflict.. and what game it was varied. Included games i hadnt played in over a year.

Top Bottom