• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 and Xbox One in 2014: A Video Game Onslaught

Some Nobody

I can't help it. Gotta poke the bear(s).

*gazes at the XBox One list in the interest of being "fair"* Sunset Overdrive and Project Spark look neat.

...But if I'm gonna have two consoles, this list stomps Microsoft's all to pieces. Still second place to Sony, though:

- inFamous: Second Son
- Destiny
- The Witcher 3
- The Order 1886
- Dragon Age: Inquisition

And if they manage to make it over from the land of the mobile game:
- Yakuza Ishin
- Natural Doctrine
- Lily Bergamo
- Mobile Suit Gundam (if it doesn't suck)

Not a bad start considering I still don't know any details about what Rocksteady has coming and Uncharted will probably make its way over here next year.

As far as the "but I thought we had no games", well you do. But not until like March. If you have cash, I'd start putting it up now.

Great thread Shinobi!

Although your lack of PSN's most exciting game displeases me…

Rime-600x300.jpg

rime-ps4-600x337.png

rime.jpg

It's called RIME. Add it please!

Fantastic thread.

N++ is going to blow everyone away. N+ was one of the best and most underrated games on 360, I just know Metanet will deliver an amazing game...

Oppo

wow that's a lotta games

gotta say: Daylight, Dying Light, and Outlast seem awfully ... similar.

wow that's a lotta games

gotta say: Daylight, Dying Light, and Outlast seem awfully ... similar.

Nah, they are very different.

Daylight is a procedural generated level game, Dying Light is a parkour zombie game set in an open world and Outlast is a 'horror' game set in a hospital...

2014 looks great. People who have been bemoaning the lack of variety really need to do more research. And just think, the amount of games will increase dramatically considering many devs have been busy with their final last gen games.

Sendou

Good job with the list. Some really interesting stuff there. Might have to get XBONE and/or PS4 next year even.

Some Nobody

^MS have some things up their sleeve to announce for next year.

It's an unfair comparison, in all honesty. In its 12 (almost 13) years in the gaming industry, Xbox has managed to make me want one of their games...five times, counting Project Spark and Sunset Overdrive. In general they just seem to aim for a different audience than what I fall under. There's certainly nothing wrong with that.

mattp

whats going on with ps4/vita fez and rogue legacy? i feel like there's been no mention of them since the announcement?

Jeels

Missing Road Not Taken for PS4.

Getting the above as well as:

Physical:
-Driveclub
-Final Fantasy XIV

Digital:
-Hohokum
-Octodad
-Transistor

Considering:
-The Witcher 3
-Dragon Age 3

Too bad Persona 5 and it looks like the new Tales game are PS3, but it's going to be a packed year across multiple platforms (BD/Layton on 3DS and FFX/X-2 on Vita).

Very grateful to be able to receive one of the next generation console this holiday, which will be an Xbox One. Both consoles have some truly amazing titles coming out, it's shaping up to be a great start for the new consoles. Just like now, I plan on having both the Xbox One and Playstation 4 at some point, gotta experience some of these games. Especially Second Son and the horror games. I love horror games. Great to see survival horror getting some exposure and attention again.

These next few years are going to be amazing! Don't forget all the games we haven't seen that are gona be revealed at E3! My friends, this is certainly going to be the 2nd golden age of gaming!

Really Hyped For
Dragon Age Inquisition
Hotline Miami 2
MGS:GZ

Cautiously Optimistic For
Project Spark
D4
Bound By Flame
Infamous Second Son

Curious About
The Division
The Witness
Sunset Overdrive
Titanfall
Deep Down

Fletcher

So stoked that I now have all three new systems so I can just be excited about new games. NEW GAMES!

Games I'm most excited to hear more about:
Destiny, Titanfall, The Witness, Rime, Below, Sunset Overdrive, Halo, The Order, The Division, WITCHER 3, and I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.

Going to be a fun year.

I genuinely don't understand how people can say either system has no games next year. Not to mention there are probably gonna be tons of next-gen editions of big games from 2013. It's starting with Tomb Raider already I wouldn't be surprised to see GTAV, Gran Turismo, Bioshock, etc.

Both consoles are looking great imo. I hope competition stays fierce so that somehow creates incentives for crazier exclusives (hopefully another TLoU).

I'll probably eventually get both (have none atm) but at least for FFXV and KHIII I will probably get them on PS4.

Why?

Because FF13 on 360 had compressed FMVs, which was somehow more noticeable disc2 onwards. I'm not sure how often this has been brought up, but since then I'm scared of that happening again. So I'll stick to FF's home from now on.

Anyways, as I said, I hope both consoles do great.

Castef

Banned
I'll probably eventually get both (have none atm) but at least for FFXV and KHIII I will probably get them on PS4.

Why?

Because FF13 on 360 had compressed FMVs, which was somehow more noticeable disc2 onwards. I'm not sure how often this has been brought up, but since then I'm scared of that happening again. So I'll stick to FF's home from now on.

Err... PS3 = Blu Ray
X360 = DVD

Just for the record...

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Both consoles are looking great imo. I hope competition stays fierce so that somehow creates incentives for crazier exclusives (hopefully another TLoU).

Why?

Anyways, as I said, I hope both consoles do great.

The majority of the gaming world and all of Japan will buy FFVX and kingdom hearts for the ps4.

Damn these games man. I have 25 games on my list for early 2014 and probably 10-20 more during the rest of the year that could easily get my purchase.

2014 is going to be brutal on the wallet. BRUTAL!

But man, that is one fantastic OP. Well done.

cripterion

Great thread, well formatted. A lot of interesting games coming out for both platforms. I had totally forgotten about that Mad Max game!

Hyunashi

Rime, Destiny and The Order will be my most anticipated games. I think Destiny will destroy all the shooters in terms of sales, it just looks so interesting to someone who isn't totally into the FPS/TPS genre.
Then Ill try get my hands on all of the Japan games.

Expecting Sony to reveal some megatons, hopefully for year end though.

Oh and gimme a FF15 release date Square.

Matriox

Great list. This actually got me a bit hyped for 2014.

This, some of these I had no idea about, great stuff coming to both consoles! Was Diablo 3 suppose to be PS4 only? I was under the impression it would come to Xbox one aswell and find it hard to believe it won't considering it was also on X360.

Loakum

Banned
I'll be pleasantly surprised if "The Order 1886" and "The Division" actually are released in 2014. I'm thinking 2015 for both of those titles.

Anyway My most anticipated next gen titles (for this year) are Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes and "The Evil Within".

Effect

There are far to many TBA 2014 release dates in that opening post. Will likely have to wait until E3 to see if any of those games get pushed back to 2015. One would hope because if they get released after E3 but before the end of the year then many of them are going to fail simply do to having so many releases at one time.

I had hoped to pick up a PS4 sooner then that. However need more concrete release dates.

Top Bottom