• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Event Set to Take Place Soon According to Tom Henderson and AccountNGT

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Great that you speak on behalf of all "people" then :messenger_tears_of_joy:

/whynotboth.gif
I personally don’t want Sony studios wasting their time on vr games. They are already struggling to get last gen sequels out in 5 years. How much longer would we have to wait for next Gen games from Sonys cream is the crop studios is a good chunk of those studios are working on vr products.

Concern

They have an 'event' almost every month if we include the State of Plays. Btw, there was supposed to be a PlayStation Experience event last December according to rumors. Where is it?

There was a rumor for a Feb event also a few weeks back if not longer. These guys are just repeating the same shit. One I've never heard of and the other only insider knowledge he's known for is Battlefield.

I personally don’t want Sony studios wasting their time on vr games. They are already struggling to get last gen sequels out in 5 years. How much longer would we have to wait for next Gen games from Sonys cream is the crop studios is a good chunk of those studios are working on vr products.
Why do you think it's a "waste of time"? Have you ever played vr? I mean good vr. Like a racing or flight game for example?

SlimySnake

Why do you think it's a "waste of time"? Have you ever played vr? I mean good vr. Like a racing or flight game for example?
I was a big VR guy before PS VR launched. Bought it on Day one. I was blown away by the gamestop demos, but nothing released since has done much for me. I do think the potential is there, but we arent there yet.

Id rather Sony studios focus on delivering AAA games. Now if they were 1,000 man studios then fine. You could spare 50 newbies and let them make a VR title no one would ever play, but Sony studios have roughly 100-300 employees and their games take 5-6 years to make. Either they increase the team size or cancel any side projects that are causing these games to take so fucking long. This isnt really about VR. It's about being productive and doing what they are good at which is AAA games.

I was a big VR guy before PS VR launched. Bought it on Day one. I was blown away by the gamestop demos, but nothing released since has done much for me. I do think the potential is there, but we arent there yet.

Id rather Sony studios focus on delivering AAA games. Now if they were 1,000 man studios then fine. You could spare 50 newbies and let them make a VR title no one would ever play, but Sony studios have roughly 100-300 employees and their games take 5-6 years to make. Either they increase the team size or cancel any side projects that are causing these games to take so fucking long. This isnt really about VR. It's about being productive and doing what they are good at which is AAA games.
I personally spend most of my gaming time nowadays on VR and that's just jumping between all kinds of racing games that exist for years and years (iracing, dirt rally, ACC, Automobilista, etc). I'm happy enough if any game that has the player sit on a cockpit will have a VR mode. That way both VR and non VR audiences can enjoy it.
So I'm not asking for VR only stuff, but they need to start adding VR to most AAA releases if they want the tech to keep developing.

BTW the current tech is leaps and bounds ahead of what you tried, especially since your point of reference is pre-PSVR... I can't go back to flat screens in those types of games I mentioned above.

SlimySnake

I personally spend most of my gaming time nowadays on VR and that's just jumping between all kinds of racing games that exist for years and years (iracing, dirt rally, ACC, Automobilista, etc). I'm happy enough if any game that has the player sit on a cockpit will have a VR mode. That way both VR and non VR audiences can enjoy it.
So I'm not asking for VR only stuff, but they need to start adding VR to most AAA releases if they want the tech to keep developing.

BTW the current tech is leaps and bounds ahead of what you tried, especially since your point of reference is pre-PSVR... I can't go back to flat screens in those types of games I mentioned above.
Yeah, I will be there day one. I just remember Sony studios wasting a lot of time with PSP, PS Vita, PS Move back in the day and it was fine, i enjoyed them all, but back then they were productive and releasing games every 2 years. Now we have to wait 5 years and if it turns out it took five years because 20% of the studio was making Horizon VR, or Horizon PC or Horizon vita then thats something I dont really care for. As with any business, they should stick to their strengths.

If they want to acquire smaller VR focused studios great. I dont want ND, GG, SSM, Sucker Punch and Insomniac near VR until they become 1000 person studios.

Yeah, I will be there day one. I just remember Sony studios wasting a lot of time with PSP, PS Vita, PS Move back in the day and it was fine, i enjoyed them all, but back then they were productive and releasing games every 2 years. Now we have to wait 5 years and if it turns out it took five years because 20% of the studio was making Horizon VR, or Horizon PC or Horizon vita then thats something I dont really care for. As with any business, they should stick to their strengths.

If they want to acquire smaller VR focused studios great. I dont want ND, GG, SSM, Sucker Punch and Insomniac near VR until they become 1000 person studios.
Yeah added functionality to existing AAA releases, normally done by support studios that are experts in that tech. That's why recently we saw a few acquisitions of studios pointing in that dirextion, like Nixxes, etc
Polyphony just has no excuses left anymore, releasing 1 GT game per generation now... I'll flip a table if this turn around they still did't add VR for the full game

Lupin25

Pretty much.

There was more hype for stuff during PS4 first few years. When I hear State of Play, I feel like I wanna nap. Just sleep inducing shit after shit.

I still don't have any desire to go out and buy a PS5. I can at least make a case for an Xbox with Hellblade 2 and StarField because Xbox has actually showed some gameplay of Hellblade and they're releasing little updates on StarField.
God of War, Horizon and GT7 is all cross gen. Where the fuck are my next gen PS5 exclusives?!

Wow. Come on now lol…

Gameplay for Hellblade 2? Lol.

You haven’t even seen Starfield.

No love for Returnal, Demon’s Souls, R&C?

Last edited:
Wow. Come on now lol…

Gameplay for Hellblade 2? Lol.

You haven’t even seen Starfield.

No love for Returnal, Demon’s Souls, R&C?
So that wasn't gameplay of Hellblade 2 we just seen recently?

Ratchet is a tired series. Don't care for Returnal and Demons Souls is a remake.
Don't care for Horizon FW, God Of War or GT7 either. You can pick them up on PS4.

I don't want to play old ass games in 4K or cross gen games that I can pick up on PS4.

The day PS pulls their finger out their arse and starts showing me real next gen exclusive games running on PS5 is the day I will be excited and hyped.
Until then their State Of Plays can go suck a dick.

Last edited:

skit_data

Ah, so it begins. The State of Play rumours.

I’ll come back around when approximately 3-4 persons have stated a date, the date passed and they’ve been left looking stupid. That’s the time we know its imminent.

Lupin25

So that wasn't gameplay of Hellblade 2 we just seen recently?

Ratchet is a tired series. Don't care for Returnal and Demons Souls is a remake.
Don't care for Horizon FW, God Of War or GT7 either. You can pick them up on PS4.

I don't want to play old ass games in 4K or cross gen games that I can pick up on PS4.

The day PS pulls their finger out their arse and starts showing me real next gen exclusive games running on PS5 is the day I will be excited and hyped.
Until then their State Of Plays can go suck a dick.

“Hellblade 2 gamplay” - Visually, it looked amazing, but the gameplay was not enticing. It was like the first game.

You haven’t played or seen shit from Starfield…

I’m just trying to understand the logic. If you own a SS & you’re simply happy to have more (of a next-gen offering) that’s good, but implying that Sony hasn’t is being a little disingenuous…

Guardian’s of the Galaxy (even tho it’s multi-platform), Demon’s Souls Re & Returnal are by far my best next-gen games released, so far. You haven’t played one of them. But you’re already passing them up?

Come on now lol…

Last edited:
Top Bottom