• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 beta rolls out today with new accessibility and audio options, social features, and UI enhancements

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
I haven't tried it yet because I don't know how to download the firmware. Do I redeem it on the ps store on the console and it starts right away?

Is it region locked?

I ain't trying to waste no one's code
Codes are region locked
you enter the code in redeem code section of the store then go to system settings then there will be option to update to beta software

omegasc

I haven't tried it yet because I don't know how to download the firmware. Do I redeem it on the ps store on the console and it starts right away?

Is it region locked?

I ain't trying to waste no one's code
redeem the code and then the update will show up as an option in the PS5

NeonGhost

So I think the Dolby atmos setting is using a stereo signal and making a 3d effect easiest way to tell is load up resident evil 4 if Dolby atmos is selected you can hear the audio from cycling in the menus in the rear channels

Last edited:

Quezacolt

So I think the Dolby atmos setting is using a stereo signal and making a 3d effect easiest way to tell is load up resident evil 4 is Dolby atmos is selected you can hear the audio from cycling in the menus in the rear channels
It was a bit weird, in some ways, PCM sounds better

Ask Sony, not me. If I would guess, if you keep the select button into the folder you created, Playstation would not give you recommentation because there is a lot of variations when you fill your folder with games.

Is like the PS4. If you leave the select block inside the folder, the PS4 don't recommend anything, just when you keep your select into the game icon inself.

Not sure how the folders would be any different from the games you have loaded on your main screen.

So I think the Dolby atmos setting is using a stereo signal and making a 3d effect easiest way to tell is load up resident evil 4 if Dolby atmos is selected you can hear the audio from cycling in the menus in the rear channels
Atmos was made to scale up/down to any number of active speakers, so this is pretty disappointing if true. I'm wondering if this is device dependent (eARC vs ARC, etc) and will look into it later

For RE4 specifically, does it still have the 3D audio setting in-game and does it make a difference when that's changed?

NeonGhost

Atmos was made to scale up/down to any number of active speakers, so this is pretty disappointing if true. I'm wondering if this is device dependent (eARC vs ARC, etc) and will look into it later

For RE4 specifically, does it still have the 3D audio setting in-game and does it make a difference when that's changed?
Dolby atmos defaults it to on and is greyed out

Quezacolt

I noticed on Returnal, that in the settings, it selects the TV 3D audio automatically, although the sound was obviously coming from the sound bar.
i did check the overhead speakers, to see if there was sound coming from there, and it was, but idk, it seems like it was missing something, it somewhat seemed to not sound as good as the normal pcm option.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
US code....Pleasantly surprised i was picked so im sharing the love.

I used it so there should be 4 more uses. Enjoy!!

9g1ngvi.jpg

Gamerguy84

Sounds good I truly appreciate you doing that!

Yea feel free to give the other 3 away( I used one)

Just DM someone because you'd be surprised at the lurkers sitting around on their mobile app with the redeem code pulled up.

I once posted one public, sat down at my PS, entered it, and it replied I had already used it 5 times lol.

NewYork214

JKN4-GJ3N-6RLE
Only used once for my ps5.

For full surround sound systems. Are you guys switching it to dolby atmos? For the audio format (priority). I'm trying it out. Never know what to choose for this.

Gamerguy84

Haha don't imagine too many people will be buying an Internal 8TB. Just checked one out on Amazon and it was $869 without heatsink.

An 8tb sabrent was ,$999.

I'm still rolling with the original 825GB. I have a 2TB with a case but haven't used it for PS5. I just download what I want in 10 minutes it's there with gigabit fiber. It's not like I change that many games over often enough.

nick776

BIG THANKS to NeonGhost for the code earlier today. It has been a dream of mine to play God of War Ragnarok in Dolby Atmos (I hate wearing headphones to game). It sounds AMAZING on my Sonos setup with 2 Era 300s as the rears--AMAZING. Why did Sony wait so long to implement Atmos is beyond me.

Top Bottom