• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 beta rolls out today with new accessibility and audio options, social features, and UI enhancements

Kilau

They could have stopped the beep all these years and chose not to…

Nervous Beard GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
If anyone gets a UK invite and you can share with some other users, hit a brother up will you via PM?

Thank you. Not begging, just asking nicely.

StereoVsn

So no Atmos support for headphones? Xbox support is appreciated there and it's the same purchase that applies on PC or the console.

Can someone send me a code? US or latin america

I'm trying to test if football games are playable with that 2 controller assistance...

TrebleShot

Wow demons souls sounds incredible (Sonos Arc 5.1 set up)

Found a bug/issue if using atmos and at least on Sonos systems games will think it’s a TV output which obviously effects the mix rather than an AV receiver.

So in system settings you set output to AV and Atmos but in two games I’ve tried Ratchet and Demons souls it’s saying it’s TV as output.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Good ps5 updates continue of course they’ll be hiccups but they’re answering gamers demands (bigger storage).

ManaByte

Gold Member
Crazy since every other Sony 4K bluray player supports it, although they support it in an awful way where you have to enable or disable dolby vision manually.
Dolby requires DV devices to go through a certification with them. Likely why the console doesn’t support it yet.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Muting the on/off sound is a must! It sends a signal to my wife’s sleeping body to look at me. It’s so loud and annoying at 1:30 am. I’m glad they joined team Xbox with this feature.

Wow demons souls sounds incredible (Sonos Arc 5.1 set up)

Found a bug/issue if using atmos and at least on Sonos systems games will think it’s a TV output which obviously effects the mix rather than an AV receiver.

So in system settings you set output to AV and Atmos but in two games I’ve tried Ratchet and Demons souls it’s saying it’s TV as output.

Will try this out as soon as the beta is out for US

Dolby requires DV devices to go through a certification with them. Likely why the console doesn’t support it yet.

3 years later? No, it's a matter of cost and Sony not wanting to pay for Dolby Vision on the PS5. They either didn't want to pay for Atmos either or Microsoft had an exclusivity agreement.

Either Sony changed their mind about Atmos, doubtful, or the price or availability changed. This may ultimately be a prelude to PS5 getting Dolby Vision.

Tqaulity

This is an amazing update! I literally just wrote on the Playstation blog about the Home Theater Atmos support that Cerny discussed in Road to PS5 3 years ago. I'm glad they still were able to make this happen.

This is still Tempest 3D Audio engine being processed by the PS5 in game but the output is mapped to Atmos for devices with Atmos decoders. Should sound amazing! Can't wait to try it.

It would be great to be able to turn off the Side-Tone when using the mic on my H7 headset. I don't own a PC, and I can't turn it off on the PS5. The option is there, but it's grayed out.

M1987

Here's mine(UK) that can be used up to 4 more times I think

7DT8-9G5T-E2F3

Last edited:
Top Bottom