• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Plus OCTOBER Leaks - Hell Let Loose, Mortal Kombat X and PGA TOUR 2K21

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Hell Let Loose is massive.

Hopefully this results in people waking the fuck up to how good this game is. I made a thread about the console beta here and it got zero traction while people were busy having a cry wank over the Battlefield delay, you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Animated GIF

Hopefully this results in people waking the fuck up to how good this game is. I made a thread about the console beta here and it got zero traction while people were busy having a cry wank over the Battlefield delay, you should all be ashamed of yourselves.
I never even heard of this game.

engstra

I'll try Hell Let Loose maybe, seeing that feedback has been positive for it. But what's up with not getting a spooky game for October?

Doczu

Motherfuckers, the XL upgrade pack is currently on sale for ~8 bucks till tomorrow, when the gsme drops on psn it's back to 25 bucks...

Markio128

They probably chose PGA 2k21 because of the recent interest in the Ryder cup. I’m still stinging from the loss, so this game can do one haha.
Hell Let Loose looks alright, if you are into that sort of thing. I may give it a try.
MK X makes no sense, but maybe someone will appreciate it.

NickFire

Including MK X is kind of a slap to the face of PS5 owners. I know the collection is intended for PS5 and this offering is intended for PS4, but its a meaningless technicality. Anyone could get MK X by logging into a friend's PS5, and PS4 games are part of the PS5 offerings in practice. Plus, let's be real, Sony has blurred the line between generations as much as anyone, and was just less upfront about it.

Anyway, I do recommend PGA - its a solid game that should form the structure of a future really good game. Ad Hell Let Loose might be an unexpected gem like Maneater turned out to be for me.

As an aside, why aren't they putting GT Sport on there I wonder? I suppose they could be saving it for closer to March, but now seems like the perfect time to really start getting attention to the series to pump up those pre-orders.

Last edited:

Kupfer

Damn, I would have bought Hell Let Loose anyway on the 5th, the beta was awesome.
Great news for me :) Launch will become hard though, with CoD and BF players who will be frustrated and teamkill the fuck out of everybody at the base - that's for sure.

Last edited:

Cattlyst

Garbage. I only remember to cancel ps+ when the piss poor selection of games is announced each month. Then I forget again until the notification comes through that theyve taken my payment again grrr

I'll try Hell Let Loose maybe, seeing that feedback has been positive for it. But what's up with not getting a spooky game for October?
Hell Let Loose is spooky. You might get pounced on by a Panther or a Tiger or get slammed by an artillery shell. You may even see your friends get ripped apart in front of you with their blood squirting everywhere.

LOLCats

Banned
Pga isnt bad i bought it on xbox and am still playing, though it should be free with all the damn not so micro transactions in it.

Also you can only create an egg shaped woman.

oh its the ps4 version? Lololololololol. Is there a free ps5 version? If not thar is STUPID

xbox smart delivery is so much better!

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
What a pile of shit... I don't care for mortal kombat and it's in ps collection.
Hell let loose looks like a pain in the ass battlefield

NickFire

Pga isnt bad i bought it on xbox and am still playing, though it should be free with all the damn not so micro transactions in it.

Also you can only create an egg shaped woman.

oh its the ps4 version? Lololololololol. Is there a free ps5 version? If not thar is STUPID

xbox smart delivery is so much better!
Too much coffee today, or did I miss the news about a next gen version on either console?

They do have patches for 60 fps though, with or without smart delivery.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member

I'm hoping it's a similar vein to Forgotten Hope (The bf 1942 mod)

I'll have to get it on Xbox though, mind you.

Very interesting. I'll definitely be giving Hell Let Loose a download. I hear really good things about the haptics.

The "slower" more tactical game play is a nice change of pace.

Last edited:

Brigandier

HLL is fucking excellent, Great month for PS5 players, PS4 is terrible though lol

Also anyone saying HLL should be FTP please elaborate

Reactions: GHG

Mossybrew

Well Hell Let Loose is an intetesting concept for a game! Basically a jogging-with-a-gun simulator with a timeloop mechanic, you'll see how long you can keep up a steady jog with a gun, suddenly die instantly from unseen foes, then time loops and you repeat this process. Pretty cool idea!

dano1

A Sheep
Well Hell Let Loose is an intetesting concept for a game! Basically a jogging-with-a-gun simulator with a timeloop mechanic, you'll see how long you can keep up a steady jog with a gun, suddenly die instantly from unseen foes, then time loops and you repeat this process. Pretty cool idea!
That’s exactly what happened to me! Im assuming there is a way to get into combat quicker?? If not no thanks.

bender

What time is it?
I got a five kill streak trophy in Hell Let's Loose and turned it off. The downtime between matches and respawns is a bit too much for my liking. It's also weird going back to a shooter that seemingly doesn't give you any enemy hit indicators.

The Golf Game is meh but I've never liked analog swing mechanics.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I got a five kill streak trophy in Hell Let's Loose and turned it off. The downtime between matches and respawns is a bit too much for my liking. It's also weird going back to a shooter that seemingly doesn't give you any enemy hit indicators.
I'm eager to try the Xbox trial. Looks like last week and I missed it though I'll see if it's still around.

Whats wrong with the downtime in between matches? Took forever to get a match going or the timer takes forever?

What's the respawn issue? Time to get back to the action?

(Edit: Missed the trial. It was announced and available literally for only 5 days before launch. Fuck that).

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Consoles need more milisims - and this seems to finally deliver. There is literally no other options outside of Verdun - which is decent at best.
For some reason, most console FPS fans these days need explosions everywhere, ridiculous super fast movement speeds, and constant action.

I actually havent tried HLL yet but ive been following it - and its giving me the Operation Flashpoint and ARMA vibes but in WWII of course.
Good call making it crossplay too - itll give a bigger playerbase at least for something so, unfortunately, niche.

bender

What time is it?
I'm eager to try the Xbox trial. Looks like last week and I missed it though I'll see if it's still around.

Whats wrong with the downtime in between matches? Took forever to get a match going or the timer takes forever?

What's the respawn issue? Time to get back to the action?

(Edit: Missed the trial. It was announced and available literally for only 5 days before launch. Fuck that).

The first match I joined was in progress. After selecting my class and squad and then walking for a minute or so the game ended in a victory. I stayed in the lobby for the next round and the game took about two minutes before loading into Utah beach. In classic fashion, as the allies, you enter the map via an LCVP. There are set piece dismembered corpses on the beach and maybe the Axis side wasn't playing well, but the beach really didn't feel like a threat and is the opposite of how those landings are typically portraited in books, movies and other games. You walk along the beach, towards the hills, through the trenches to finally find action. That's another 1-2 minutes of no action. And being more of a sim, you die pretty easily so once you do get to that action, you'll die quickly and have that walk to do all over again.

I'll give it some more time in the future but my first impressions are a little cold.

Top Bottom