• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUBLIC HUMILIATION! - Leguna (I Suck At Halo) leaves me with no alternative...

Izzy

Banned
So this is the infamous 'Leguna threat thread' Evil Lore mentioned on OA?

I really feel sorry for the guy. He's just unfathomably immature.

GhaleonEB

This has got to be the closest thing to a public hanging I've ever seen. I'm not one of the guys there cheering it all on, but rather one standing off to the side with morbid curiosity. From what I saw, the guy had a lot coming to him, but he sure as hell didn't take his lumps well.

I think the best torture would be to allow him 'read-only' access to the forum so that he could see the drubbing he's taking, but not do anything about it. (okay, that made me sound like I was in the throng...)

m0dus

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
I think the best torture would be to allow him 'read-only' access to the forum so that he could see the drubbing he's taking, but not do anything about it. (okay, that made me sound like I was in the throng...)

I assumed he could. Doesn't this forum allow 'read only' access to nonmembers?

oh crap. there's another one :lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
You know, I just caught this part from Leguna's e-mail to Evilore:

Evilore, Hitokage, WasabiKing, Mike Works, bishoptl, overbose, all of you better turn a leaf real soon.

YOU BETTER TURN A LEAF

TEH NEW FUNNY? Might make for some interesting photoshops like with "All Your Base." :)

maharg

idspispopd
Lyte Edge said:
You know, I just caught this part from Leguna's e-mail to Evilore:

YOU BETTER TURN A LEAF

TEH NEW FUNNY? Might make for some interesting photoshops like with "All Your Base." :)

Aren't you like an irl friend of his? How cruel :)

border

Is he actually like this in real life? I don't see how he expects to get anywhere in the creative community, with an attitude like this..

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
maharg said:
Aren't you like an irl friend of his? How cruel :)

Yeah. I was just talking to him on the phone as a matter of fact...he had no idea this thread was even going on. He found the "Turn a leaf" thing pretty funny. :)

Cyan

Banned
>_< This dude is an idiot. Seriously, his time was almost up, and he starts threatening people? Because he's afraid people won't realize it's him when he posts his stupid "final judgement" on MGS3. Pathetic.

Sure, it wasn't really fair what happened to him, but he really brought it on himself by being such an ass. And people who in the past have had their names changed like this usually get them changed back within a few weeks. This is where you need patience... not worthless threats.

mrmyth

border said:
Is he actually like this in real life? I don't see how he expects to get anywhere in the creative community, with an attitude like this..

I dunno. Seems to fit in with the whole 'artists are assholes' motif quite nicely.

Teddman

border said:
Leguna is a pretty laid-back, down to earth guy in real life with a good sense of humor based on the times I've hung out with him. As for the creative community, he seemed pretty professional at Siggraph this summer when he was shopping around his resume reel.

Then again, I've never played a game of Soul Calibur or Halo 2 against him. ;)

i think leguna is an idiot for his stupid reviews and what not.

and he was stupid for calling his team the "dream team"

but still...i cant help but feel kinda bad for the guy now. lol

i say unban him and give him his name back. yall put him thru enough shame and torture.

oH..and lol @ the threats...wtf?

peace

Saturnman

Banned
p1922503.gif

KiNeSiS

Banned
I have seen a few mods clown people that they wouldn't dare in reality.
This is the internet you people need to lighten up.
All of these wrist slitting jokes are funny because if some of you were banned, you'd probably OD on the nearest bottle of your mothers xanex.
I'm speaking to some 20 post a day veterans.
Six years damn he put in his work, he's a GA-OG to the fullest.
I'm actually neutral on this matter because I could care less about him.
All this joke character nonsense is a joke.
I just think overall you guys as a collective judge harshly on so called "Internet Personas".

Ramirez

I dunno how he is in real life,but he was batshit insane in that Halo match,he wanted to give speeches to his team before the match and during the match you could hear him screaming like a pansy,definitely wierd.

I act the same way in real life as I do on the internet. I don't have split personalities. I'm a dick, cold-hearted, and prejudice. I know most others on the forums that act tough are doing it just to escape their boring, mundane lives. I'm living the life.

Zaptruder

Banned
It's a bit sad. For all the personality flaws he did have and did exhibit, he was far from one of the crappiest posters around.

If you're banning him it really shouldn't be because he made one frustrated slip up 'threatening' you... but whatever.

Dilbert

KinesisKoncrite said:
All of these wrist slitting jokes are funny because if some of you were banned, you'd probably OD on the nearest bottle of your mothers xanex.
I just think overall you guys as a collective judge harshly on so called "Internet Personas".
You've been a member for less than three months. Care to share how come you have so many well-developed opinions about GAF history?

Wow just when I thought this couldn’t have gotten any worse leguna does this :lol .

However I must set a few things straight.
I am a member of "the dream team" *shivers in disgust to the name*

The first time we played GAF deadly seven in a CTF match at Coagulation leguna had no control over creating the game. Mann made the game and didn’t tell anyone. None of that matters because the official matches were fair and square. We lost and frankly leguna was the only person who had anything to lose in our team.

Drek

Someone needs to register Leguna as a nick so that should he ever be unbanned it'd still be taken.

KinesisKoncrite said:

:lol He is so right on some of these points

TheDiave

Banned
I fail to see the big deal, really. So the guy talks mad shit when he plays. So what. He "cheated" on Halo 2. So what. He got pissed when he lost. I would too. And he shot his face off something fierce after the fact, as would I. For fuck's sake, let the guy back in and stop your little internet power trip.

This is right on par with the guys in chat rooms who start making threats, saying they'll kick your ass and such, because anybody can be a tough guy behind a keyboard.

Of course that's just my opinion...

*waits to be banned...*

KiNeSiS

Banned
America needs more freedoms not less!!!
Curse this totalitarian facist society you contribute to.
Let the kid be a cry baby nerd bed wetter and pop a little junk online then get owned like a bitch.
The humilation he now endured will haunt him until he,
A.) Willingly leaves
B.) Changes his GAF Identity cause him to
C.) Utilize that live voicemasking feature when playing you guys

adam20

Leguna's team was a joke. He gathered up a bunch of Level 3 players or whatever. Some dream team. Leguna's ego is bigger than the world's largest ball of twine. Sad really.

GAF shouldn't have agreed to even bother playing against this joke character =(. Whether he's a good guy or not I think he is really immature with his threats. Really lame. He should blame himself for his actions

Matlock

Banned
-jinx- said:
You've been a member for less than three months. Care to share how come you have so many well-developed opinions about GAF history?

Someone neglected to check his facts, eh.

MrparisSM

Banned
I fail to see the big deal, really. So the guy talks mad shit when he plays. So what. He "cheated" on Halo 2. So what. He got pissed when he lost. I would too. And he shot his face off something fierce after the fact, as would I. For fuck's sake, let the guy back in and stop your little internet power trip.

I agree with this post. And with another post that said the Mods can be jerks, because it's very true. And alot of people on here are just jumping on the bandwagon and saying Leguna deserved it, but I just don't see it. Sure posting here is a "privilege" but everyone should be treated fairly if they have become a member, especially if it's been for years and all.... Lyte Edge I'm really surprised that you would have been "un-modded" because you are truely one of the best posters and most fair posters here. Alot better than some of the Mods that are here now. :shrug

duckroll

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this but..... why the hell is this thread even in GAMING DISCUSSION if the entire purpose is to rag on Leguna? The actual "gaming" in this case is long over, keep this shit to Off Topic please. And here I was thinking mods should be setting good examples. :lol

KiNeSiS

Banned
The only reason I am now KinesisKoncrite is because i guess i was mysteriously banned for no apparent reason. It's all good though was in the clink anyway for a duration of time and f'ed up the game when I got out also just got broadband yesterday.

Cyan

Banned
-jinx- said:
GAF LET ME TOUCH YOU.

manngc

Adam20
"Leguna's team was a joke. He gathered up a bunch of Level 3 players or whatever."

Actually, the only low level people were me and Leguna...no else actually had a live acount to play on until earlier that day...so of course they weren't going to be high level. Sorry to say, but a couple of our members are actually pretty good (note I'm not counting myself or leguna in that).

Matlock/Evillore,
heh, I didn't know leguna was that desperate to post MGS3 impressions. I have to apologize for him, hopefully he'll learn to be a bit more respectful around here in the future. I do wish him to be unbanned. He apparently actually stated that he was against the banning if the team lost the game (via a PM to Willco and a post in the thread). I assume that would mean that the initial banning was not lidgetamit (sp?). I do agree he was way out of line to say such things to the mods/admins...thinking that causing a stir in the forums would get him unbanned and his alias back. Anyway, that decision for future actions is respectfully yours.

Leguna,
I can't believe you wrote that...sad...like was said earlier. It is a priviledge to post here, not a right. This is a private forum and one must respect the rules.

Saturnman,
That picture is PRICELESS!!! :lol

I have a question to Mann, Lyte, or anyone else unfortunate enough to be around Leguna;

For the record, Mike Works has never been kind the past few years and has even sent death threats to Catzgirl regarding me.
WHAT THE HELL IS HE TALKING ABOUT

Cyan

Banned
Mike Works said:
I have a question to Mann, Lyte, or anyone else unfortunate enough to be around Leguna;

WHAT THE HELL IS HE TALKING ABOUT
"Dear Catzgirl,

I am going to kill your friend Leguna.

Love,
Mike Works"

to Mike works

I have never heard of this rivalry before leguna started the trash talk in the first game, nor have I ever heard of these threats. Id like to read them if the exist.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
mann: fyi, Matlock is not a mod.

Oh, and I'm honored to have KiNeSiS in my thread ;b
(and I changed your handle back to what it used to be, since it looks like you want it back)

Top Bottom