• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Error is currently running at 4K 65-70 FPS unoptimized on the PS5

jaysius

Banned
The fire at 0:37 in that video looks awful.

Aliasing all over the place.

This isn't "Next gen" looking at all.

As someone else said, "Why can't they get this to 120fps?".

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
Looks at trailer. Looks at comments from devs.

4k @ 60fps is what I expected. Doesn’t look graphically impressive or taxing.
Lighting and particle effects are spot on. Game doesnt need a lot more.

I hope that now that we are getting to the 4k 60fps promised land, we dont start complaining and bringing excuses to it....

rofif

Banned
no REAL question why not 360? The future is 360Hz monitors, currently there may be ONLY ONE and it is not out yet but but the future is 360 believe me!
I remember when I had first 240hz monitor.... I am back to 4k60 since I just don't care anymore. Picture quality comes first and souls games are 60hz limited anyway... but look great in 4k !

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Wouldn’t be surprised if DOOM Eternal on PS5 and Series X looks better.
cPMKTn18yUXoVbE05PnIpLPwixm2rB2H5QEnlw2MvJhXEUovt7NpAWpxZptC45ONQGXkSg7yWYPAVxXiknO-8xI1uJkCycgzxmLRj5EBROr_1OFArPzFpaGd7uwuEhBKel9ci07dPJIHOIMJSYtDQhvUTsBYNXqGlH93apc8kP55cOVu2rhiK1pQ1NLbO41DzVnYVnhl67QH4gkpsYWowqdhDw9gJTulAT9lWfRoktmXv_nvBzDbNkVcrN-L

MrFunSocks

Banned
Wait were people saying that the PS5 literally cannot render anything at 4K60FPS? Or do some of you think that because this game is 4K60fps that every game will be 4K60fps?

Or do some of you think that because this game is 4K60fps that every game will be 4K60fps?

No only you believe that.

This news is just to confirm where the game is at on the PS5.

Anyways you want proof of 4K 30FPS?

Ratchet_and_Clank_-_Rift_Apart_gameplay.gif

And everyone knows that here.

So who exactly believes that every game will be 4K 60FPS?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Wouldn’t be surprised if DOOM Eternal on PS5 and Series X looks better.

Doom Eternal on 2013 PS4 and Xbox One already looks better than Quantum Error. Sometimes I think that people like certain games just because they're "exclusive" to a certain platform despite not actually being interested in the game itself.

Bryank75

Banned
No need to be assblasted, I'm just telling facts.
PC gamers play Valorant all day and gloat about 144 fps on that and it's nothing much to look at either... probably much more basic than QE..

I didn't mean to go too hard BTW, hope you don't get me wrong.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Funniest thing for me is that people seem to still confuse visual quality that comes from art direction and assets with what the tech of a middleware engine brings to the table.

Its not magic, you can have all the performance in the world but if the art isn't top-notch both aesthetically and materially(as in isn't wasteful in terms of poly count etc) the end result is still going to look average.

Stop pretending that every developer is equal in this regard.

MrFunSocks

Banned

Where do you get that I believe that from?

I know that both consoles easily have enough power to do 4K60FPS if they want to. That’s never been up for debate, or at least it shouldn’t have been. Like with 60fps in general though, most devs don’t want to do it.

Looks better than the 1.4TF monster below

fixed that for you

Last edited:
Where do you get that I believe that from?

I know that both consoles easily have enough power to do 4K60FPS if they want to. That’s never been up for debate, or at least it shouldn’t have been. Like with 60fps in general though, most devs don’t want to do it.

fixed that for you

I mean that you believe there are people here that think every game will be 4K 60FPS.

Or do some of you think that because this game is 4K60fps that every game will be 4K60fps?

Also about claiming the demo represents the Xbox One version of the game it actually was representative of the XSX version.

“The game was captured from a PC that is representative of the experience that players will have on Xbox Series X”

I believe the XSX can handle alot more than that but the footage was the current game running on PC at the same settings as the XSX.

Although I still stand by that the XSX version won't be the same as what we saw since it was running on PC for better or worse.

Last edited:

Aladin

Previous R&C ran pretty close to 4K at 3200X1800 on ps4 pro. Dont expect too much from these consoles.

Top Bottom