• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Error is currently running at 4K 65-70 FPS unoptimized on the PS5

Aladin

You have to see this gameplay graphics, to not hate on FPS'es. They are meant to be run at high frame rate, not be graphical masterpieces.

Barakov

Gold Member
:O

How did I miss this game?! I thought with no E3 this year, games like this wouldn't fall through the cracks. :/

Will definitely keep an eye on it.

thelastword

Banned
Tbh, the game is an average looking current gen game running on UE4. I'm not surprised it's running at 60FPS+
The goal post went from it being a game struggling to hit 4K 30fps, meaning that it would need to get a downgrade to hit 30fps, to the developers thumping that FUD ball way out of the park, because in truth, it's actually running at 4K and over 60fps......How it looks to you is irrelevant, when just now it was struggling to hit 4k 30fps by your wingman...

VFXVeteran

Banned
The goal post went from it being a game struggling to hit 4K 30fps, meaning that it would need to get a downgrade to hit 30fps, to the developers thumping that FUD ball way out of the park, because in truth, it's actually running at 4K and over 60fps......How it looks to you is irrelevant, when just now it was struggling to hit 4k 30fps by your wingman...

I didn't read what was said. But how it looks to me is relevant because I don't judge artwork like most, I judge graphics tech. It's like running Gears 5. I'm 100% confident that the PS5 can run Gears 5 @4k/60FPS.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
You’d think they’d get tired of slinging FUD. Has any of it ever come true, or does it always seem like it’s a big deal for 2 days just to be debunked

Who is they?

Are we invalidating every statement by anyone because of this clown?

supernova8

Banned
I tried to remove Winged_wild but I wasn't able to.

Sorry about that.

I don't think it looks that amazing either but it's good news. At this point I'll take anything if you know what I mean.

Especially that fire wtf was that. Shitty 2d transparent sprite instead of actual fire. Considering the main character seems to have firefighter gear on and fire plays a big part in the game (from what we've seen I guess?), that's worrying.

Stuart360

One game running well means another game supposedly running poorly must be false, or the forum favorite 'fud'?. Thats not how it works.
And i'm someone who doesnt believe the RE8 rumours, not unless the game has had some serious upgrades since the orig trailer.

Also dont get your hopes up with this game. Its from the devs (the dev really) of Kings of Lorn -
That i did a thread about because i thought it looked good. That was before i found out its all prebought assets flung together like a jigsaw puzzle, and wasnt very good unfortunately.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Only the spiciest ethers come straight from the horse's mouth lol. Why do people feel the need to bullshit so much. It's pathetic.

Eliciel

I remember when I had first 240hz monitor.... I am back to 4k60 since I just don't care anymore. Picture quality comes first and souls games are 60hz limited anyway... but look great in 4k !
I have done the same, I agree..
I am no shooter pro Gamer, so I didn't understand my Advantage and to be honest 240fps is either way next to Impossible to sustain and even 144fps is Borderline doable If you are focussing also in the Looks of a Game....

FPS/HZ and Graphical Fidelity are diametrically different Focus groups.

When it comes to consoles, I Hope they will find a good Ratio between 4k/30fps and anything North of 1440p/60fps but all with good effects.... Please don't Gimp down the graphical Fidelity in Order to squeeze Out a marketing-esque war Victory for 4k/60fps (and even RT)...

Last edited:

Stuart360

I am no shooter pro Gamer, so I didn't understand my Advantage and to be honest 240fps is either way next to Impossible to sustain and even 144fps is Borderline doable If you are focussing also in the Looks of a Game....

Even DrDisrespect struggle for a constant 144fps in Warzone with his 3900X/2080ti monster lol.
60fps has always been enough for me to be honest, not saying higher isnt better, but i think 60fps gives a good balance between framerate, graphics, and resolution.

rofif

Banned

When it comes to consoles, I Hope they will find a good Ratio between 4k/30fps and anything North of 1440p/60fps but all with good effects.... Please don't Gimp down the graphical Fidelity in Order to squeeze Out a marketing-esque war Victory for 4k/60fps (and even RT)...
And 60fps 4k is now better than ever (until we get oled in 27" size).
40-60 freesync and 58fps rtss lock means I am getting lower input delay than ever on 60hz monitor in this fps range.
Thanks to this, no more frame pacing crap and no more tearing. Games like metro exodus I can play maxed out since it does not matter if it sometimes drops below 60 as long as it's above 41. It's a nice smooth experience. Ofc I still feel lower fps but 40 to 60 is less jarring.
Nvidia introduced integer scaling so 4k is now amazing for old pixelated games too.
I am super happy with it, is what I am saying :p

Moses85

Sony Haters:
„But, but, but please consider this is also a PS4 Titel..

Sony:

giphy.gif

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
The fire at 0:37 in that video looks awful.

Aliasing all over the place.

This isn't "Next gen" looking at all.

As someone else said, "Why can't they get this to 120fps?".
Because the game will have a lot of raytracing, going from the developers words

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I'm not sure why so many people are asking about 120 frames per second. Go and buy the highest end PC you can find and tell me how many games you can play at 4K/120
Wait until they see the sacrifices that have to be made in 8.3 ms of frame time to hit 120FPS unless it's an indie game

Eliciel

Ps4 beard:
god-of-war-vignette-02-05-2018_0900893298.jpg

XSX beard:
Screenshot-6012.png

10tf+ difference don't seem to be enough for better beards...

#BeardGate
Especially how a beard looks is also very dependant on the talent of the artist in terms of selection of lighting source, attention to detail and experience. Just because you developed a marginally better engine does not automatically get you a better beard by default....and that, to be honest, counts for all assets. Assets will only look as good as the talent and experience to bring assets to life in the scene.

But DuskFud told me PS5 would struggle.
Quick question. Isn't this game also on PS4? Who said the PS5 couldn't play PS4 games at 4k 60 fps? Destiny 2 will be 4k 60 on PS5. You guys should have never believed the PS5 wasn't more powerful than the PS4. I don't understand the outrage.

rofif

Banned
Ps4 beard:
god-of-war-vignette-02-05-2018_0900893298.jpg

XSX beard:
Screenshot-6012.png

10tf+ difference don't seem to be enough for better beards...

#BeardGate
I know I know... god of war looks better for sure.
But halo is not aiming for realistic style at all. Have You seen the animations? It's like first Rage (cartoony and fun)

Moses85

Especially how a beard looks is also very dependant on the talent of the artist in terms of selection of lighting source, attention to detail and experience. Just because you developed a marginally better engine does not automatically get you a better beard by default....and that, to be honest, counts for all assets. Assets will only look as good as the talent and experience to bring assets to life in the scene.

So you confirm 343 is a Team of Amateurs 😂

I thought 343 is a first party studio which must compete with Sony’s first party studios?

thelastword

Banned
I didn't read what was said. But how it looks to me is relevant because I don't judge artwork like most, I judge graphics tech. It's like running Gears 5. I'm 100% confident that the PS5 can run Gears 5 @4k/60FPS.
It's always better for the game to run well and then to optimize after.... It's a team of 4 guys, I would rather suggest what they have here is quite impressive considering they don't have the budget or the number of years in development like some other bigger games which was shown recently. So for them to have it running so well is great.

Yet, what I like most is the atmosphere they create and they do pile on the effects in their games. I think that is really important for the type of game they are creating. When I first saw Quantum error, I went to see their previous title and read some reviews off steam. It got mixed reviews, it was their first game, but I like the world they created in Kings of Lorn. Sure it had bugs and there were a few complaints of sluggish combat, which the dev patched later on. So I can only say and hope that they have learnt from that and will improve greatly with their new title. I don't expect PlayStation Studio's graphics, but what's there is pretty nice tbf. In most of the complaints I saw about Kings of Lorn, graphics was not one. I kinda like to see the graphics of their games, sure some of the enemies look rough in the latest footage of Quantum, but generally their graphics are pretty good....

Ar¢tos

I know I know... god of war looks better for sure.
But halo is not aiming for realistic style at all. Have You seen the animations? It's like first Rage (cartoony and fun)
*facepalm*
I thought the mention of #beardgate would be enough for people to not take it seriously...

Eliciel

So you confirm 343 is a Team of Amateurs 😂

I thought 343 is a first party studio which must compete with Sony’s first party studios?
Based on the facts at hand right now, it Looks Like people were either amateurs or overworked and Not able to cooperate die to Corona... what other can I say that wouldn't make the Impression of a lie after this Trailer?

Entroyp

What is up with all of the FUD & fake rumors surrounding PS5?

This has been an almost weekly occurrence now.

After the constant barrage of bad news on the MS camp Phil’s Discord army needed to divert some attention to PS5... problem is there was no negative news to talk about, so they had to make shit up.

Like their fearless leader said to an Xbox executive on twitter: “Lie if you have to”

Journey

Banned
Well its 4k 60fps, thats breaking one pre conceived boundary of the ps5

Neither does Dirt and it’s running at 120fps unoptimized and I didn’t see anyone making a hoopla over that, why? because just like this game, it’s not pushing any boundaries.

Speaking of frame rate and pre conceived boundaries, a dev complained about not being able to do 120fps on PS5 if I recall correctly, something about policy or limitation re PS5.

Anyway, osting this about a random game running 4K 60 is missing the point and seems overly defensive, I don’t think anyone is saying PS5 can’t hit 4K 60 with a game like this, heck One X is running RDR 2 at native 4K with a freakin Jaguar CPU, so you don’t have to come save its honor with this mediocre looking game.

Neither does Dirt and it’s running at 120fps unoptimized and I didn’t see anyone making a hoopla over that, why? because just like this game, it’s not pushing any boundaries.

Speaking of frame rate and pre conceived boundaries, a dev complained about not being able to do 120fps on PS5 if I recall correctly, something about policy or limitation re PS5.

Anyway, osting this about a random game running 4K 60 is missing the point and seems overly defensive, I don’t think anyone is saying PS5 can’t hit 4K 60 with a game like this, heck One X is running RDR 2 at native 4K with a freakin Jaguar CPU, so you don’t have to come save its honor with this mediocre looking game.

You're talking about the troll dev for that indie dolphin game.

Also what do you mean you don't think anyone is saying PS5 can't hit 4k/60 with a game like this? Did you even read the OP? The whole reason the thread exists is because a fake insider claimed PS5 couldn't hit 4k/60 on this game.

Last edited:
One game running well means another game supposedly running poorly must be false, or the forum favorite 'fud'?. Thats not how it works.

My intention was to create a thread dedicated to the information the developer was giving us about the game. Many of us are dying for any piece of next gen news and I thought it would be appropriate to have a thread on this one.

With that said let's talk about FUD. I tried to post the tweet without the FUD from Winged_wild but unfortunately his comment just got stuck there and I can't remove it. Also this thread isn't supposed to be about Dusk Golem we have another thread for that discussion.

With all this said the story is that winged_wild fabricated a lie and the developers destroyed him by giving us that information. Nothing to do with Dusk Golem or that Xbox discord FUD group unless there's proof that winged_wild is a member of it.

Top Bottom