• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

question to all you GameStop guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecrofirt

There's a new GameStop opening locally, but there aren't any signs on the door yet about when it will be opening or where to go to apply.

If I call another somewhat local GameStop, do you think they might know this information? Is there some place I could go to or call to get an application for the GameStop that's opening?

Miguel

Only thing I could think of is going to a nearby Gamestop and asking for a number for the District Manager.

BuddyC

A nearby Gamestop should have the info, and if past experience is any indication, that location should be accepting applications for the new store.

Ecrofirt

New question:

the store opened this morning, so I went down to pick up an application (none of the other 'local' stores had any applications).

What does GameStop normally pay new part-time employees? I don't want to screw myself by putting a wage too low, and I also don't want to have the same problem by requesting too high.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
yeah the other store should have apps and actually i think they will interview you too. This exact same thing happened where i live actually.

new part time is 5.15 for 90 days then you get bumped up to 6

Ecrofirt

I'm past that, sp0rsk. The other stores didn't have any applications, so I was instructed by the assistant manager of the new store to wait until today to pick one up.

Now I need to know what the usual starting wage is.

Ecrofirt

Another quick question:

What am I supposed to put where they ask about Game Software Knowledge and PC Knowledge?

How do you answer a question like that? For the PC I guess I can put my programming knowledge, but other than that, I'm clueless.

Jim Bowie

Sounds to me like they're asking what games you are familiar with. Hence, tell them what games you've played extensively.

Ecrofirt

Ah, I hadn't thought of that.

Are they looking for your techness with the PC Knowledge area then? If so, what the heck do I put?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Ecrofirt said:

Are they looking for your techness with the PC Knowledge area then? If so, what the heck do I put?

they just want to know if you will be able to inform people on pc and console games.

Jim Bowie

Ecrofirt said:

I'm sure pushing your 1337ness won't hurt getting the job. So go ahead and throw up C++ or whatever.

I mean, employers only want people with good skills, right? Like nunchuck skills, bow hunting skills, computing hacking skills...

Ecrofirt

OK, so right now I have this in the PC section:
Programming knowledge, Windows 95-XP, General Tech knowledge

is that the kind of stuff they're looking for?

Brannon

Especially tell them that you know which old games are worth more or less or nothing at all. Nothing worse than an employee who keeps accepting copies of Madden 2001 or X-Squad for trade-in and the manager knows he'll never be able to sell that stuff off.

Jim Bowie

Ecrofirt said:
OK, so right now I have this in the PC section:
Programming knowledge, Windows 95-XP, General Tech knowledge

is that the kind of stuff they're looking for?

Well, I'd put in games :p It's a game store, right?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
sp0rsk said:
yeah the other store should have apps and actually i think they will interview you too. This exact same thing happened where i live actually.

new part time is 5.15 for 90 days then you get bumped up to 6

Man I started out at 5.50 and didnt get a raise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom