• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ralph Macchio: Where The Karate Kid is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
People actually think 2 is good? What cooky world do you live in? First is the best, but I love it at the end of three where Daniel is doing that dance shit and the fighter is confused and backs off.

People actually think 2 is good? What cooky world do you live in? First is the best, but I love it at the end of three where Daniel is doing that dance shit and the fighter is confused and backs off.

I like the villain in 3 but 2 is much better. 3 is too similar to 1 except that its weaker in every way.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Apologies, I derped and meant to type 2>1>3. 3 is absolute shit, yeah, beyond terrible.

MG310

3 is clearly the worst, but still, it has this suave motherfucker.

terrysilver.jpg

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
The How I Met Your Mother episode guest-starring him was awesome.

Megasoum

Banned
Thanks guys, now I've been listening to You're the best around on loop for 20min lol.

I listened to the KK2 theme and I have zero memory of it for some reason... Anyway, Joe Esposito's is better.

How I Met Your Mother is a shell of its former self, but this latest season's Karate Kid Bachelor Party episode with Macchio and the 'clown' was really phenomenal.

No, it was Johnny Lawrence. Get your head out of your ass, PhoncipleBone.

BAH! Miyagi>everyone else.

Of course, this just makes me want to do the Zabka Asshole Trilogy. Karate Kid, Just One of the Guys, and Back to School.
Thanks guys, now I've been listening to You're the best around on loop for 20min lol.

I listened to the KK2 theme and I have zero memory of it for some reason... Anyway, Joe Esposito's is better.

http://maddecent.com/blood-bros-first-blood/
Thank me later.

jett

D-Member
I like all three, although granted I haven't seen numero tres in a while. KK1 and KK2 are 80's classics, I won't hear any different.

I like all three, although granted I haven't seen numero tres in a while. KK1 and KK2 are 80's classics, I won't hear any different.

FUCKING A!

Karate Kid 2 is still a good movie. It does not reach the heights of the first, but is still damn solid. The first is a stone cold classic though.
Oh man...

Download it. Listen. It will grow hair on your chest. It is one giant mix. I sometimes listen to it during my drive to work and always go in with a renewed sense of purpose.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
He knows exactly what he is and how important he is to people, that most people think of Daniel-San and not Ralph.

That deserves a lot of respect for the amount of patience and understanding he has, imo.

Skunkers

Two is absolutely awesome and is on track to be the best film in the series until Chozen gets beaten by the most inexplicably stupid "secret technique" in the series. I mean... c'mon son.

jett

D-Member
Two is absolutely awesome and is on track to be the best film in the series until Chozen gets beaten by the most inexplicably stupid "secret technique" in the series. I mean... c'mon son.

Chozen should've played more Rhythm Heaven.

Raitaro

Also, Ralph is now the same age that Pat was when they filmed Karate Kid.

That really puts things in perspective doesn't it? Wow!

Reading about his experiences made me think about the movie The Truman Show, but with a different twist. In this case it isn't Ralph but everybody he meets that is stuck in Daniel's world of 80's movie make-believe. It's like everybody Ralph comes across is in on the fact that he was The Karate Kid / "Truman" and even at the slightest que they try to pull him back into the Karate Kid world with them so he can continue to entertain him.

So, even though Ralph knows he was Truman at some point, he still can't fully escape the Karate Kid universe that resulted from the adoration of the generation of people that watched him and who - in a way - try to conserve his old role and with that also their own past.

(It would make an interesting movie in and of itself perhaps, his real life and dealing with this legacy.)

Hanmik

You're wrong and stupid. 80s was best possible decade.

got to be kidding me.. ? I was born in 75.. the way I look at it I´m 28 years old.

1975-1980 = 5 Years.
1990-2013 = 23 Years.

The 80´s is the worst decade ever.. ever.. oh my I try to block those imaginary years every day.. every fucking day.

Dunlop

This thread is totally making me watch Karate Kid again this weekend (last time was probably 25 years ago)

Although it was BloodSport that made me rabid for martial arts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom