• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Then I read killers of the flower moon is 3.5 hours long!
Movie lengths confuse me. I usually watch 1 hour 30 minutes films, people say those are too short. But then i hear that 3.5 hour long films are too long... what's the ideal length then??? 2 hours? isn't that still quite long?

Lunarorbit

Movie lengths confuse me. I usually watch 1 hour 30 minutes films, people say those are too short. But then i hear that 3.5 hour long films are too long... what's the ideal length then??? 2 hours? isn't that still quite long?
The last time I watched something that long in the theater was Pandora and that's because it was an experience. I had no interest in repeating that with the sequel

badblue

Gold Member
Everyone I know that complains about movies being too long have no problem binging 10 hours of what every show on streaming.

Nydius

Gold Member
Everyone I know that complains about movies being too long have no problem binging 10 hours of what every show on streaming.

A 2.5+ hour movie:
At home? No problem.
At a theater? The complaint is justified.

I can binge the a full season of a streaming show specifcally because I can pause when I need to take a piss or get a snack or rewind if I missed/couldn't hear some dialog. I'm not paying the exorbitant price to sit in a theater for a 2.5+ hour long movie knowing that, at some point, I'm going to end up missing a chunk of it because I need the bathroom or because the theater's sound mix is shit and I can't hear voices/dialog over the loud ass sound effects.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
today is the Sega Megadrive's 35th anniversary and me & my friend on discord were getting into an argument over the superior name for the system- Megadrive or Genesis

Ot5RNow.png

Celcius

°Temp. member
I was vacuuming my window but didn’t realize that the rolling brushes at the bottom of the vacuum cleaner were still active when using the hose accessory and it ripped right through my bed cover. At least it didn’t destroy more than that but lesson learned. I guess I’m spending $30 for a replacement after work. Sadge.

Last edited:

Mistake

I realized that I'm actually quite good at helping people improve themselves or their situations, so I have been thinking about starting some kind of consultation firm, but for general problems. Does such a thing exist? And would there be a demand for it? I mean, plenty of people mail Ask Abby

Last edited:

RavageX

A 2.5+ hour movie:
At home? No problem.
At a theater? The complaint is justified.

I can binge the a full season of a streaming show specifcally because I can pause when I need to take a piss or get a snack or rewind if I missed/couldn't hear some dialog. I'm not paying the exorbitant price to sit in a theater for a 2.5+ hour long movie knowing that, at some point, I'm going to end up missing a chunk of it because I need the bathroom or because the theater's sound mix is shit and I can't hear voices/dialog over the loud ass sound effects.
THIS is exactly how I feel. I have no real desire to go to the movies. Overpriced and most suck these days. However, the wife likes going. I don't really understand it, loud ass people, cold, expensive snacks. Crowded aisles versus being at home, comfortable and having a drink if desired.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I had a dream that President Biden was secretly Aquaman and Gal Gadot was my nanny.

I wish my dreams were true.

Mr Blobby

Anyone play the evil dead game that came out a few years ago. Watching ash vs evil dead now and liking the vibes
yeah that show was great, but like a lot of stuff these days it gets cancelled before they properly finish it off. Won't spoil it but the preview for the season that never came to be looked interesting...

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
When a solid object comes into contact with another solid object, they do not phase through each other.

Doordarsh drivers do not understand this and put deliveries on the welcome mat directly in front of doors which open outward.

Please educate your Doordarsh drivers.

GeekyDad

Since I don't want to go over two cups of regular coffee each day, I've started incorporating decaf into my daily allowance.

I am totally hooked on this shit:

I've tried quite a few different decafs in that last few months, but for some reason (and there's only the one ingredient -- 100% organic coffee) this stuff tastes like chocolate. And I farkin' LOVE chocolate! :messenger_grinning_sweat:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
One of the weirdest things i've seen in my life is seeing this animated show called "The Amazing Digital Circus" reach 72 million views on Youtube in under 3 weeks.

This is the pilot episode. Almost no hype before the show's release. i saw some people talk about it beforehand, but not 72 million views worth of hype. It just showed up and gained the views of an average music video.

I call it weird because I haven't seen it yet so I have no idea if it's any good or not. At the very least it's nice to see indie animation get some love

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Hayden Christensen in Ahsoka was amazing. In twenty or so minutes this guy redeemed a trilogy of movies.

One of the weirdest things i've seen in my life is seeing this animated show called "The Amazing Digital Circus" reach 72 million views on Youtube in under 3 weeks.

This is the pilot episode. Almost no hype before the show's release. i saw some people talk about it beforehand, but not 72 million views worth of hype. It just showed up and gained the views of an average music video.

I call it weird because I haven't seen it yet so I have no idea if it's any good or not. At the very least it's nice to see indie animation get some love
My daughter asked me to watch this. It’s surprisingly good. animation, music, voices Are all top notch. Im ready for a part 2 and might check out what other things this group have done.

Roxkis_ii

I know this is a bad take.
I know blocking the road isn't justification for murder.

But maann, if I were rich enough to get away with it....

When people protest by inconveniencing normal people, it really triggers me.

I don't mean people who are walking down a street protesting, I mean the people who block highways to stop traffic type shit.

I didn't want to start a thread because I know most reasonable people would probably shit on me for my opinion. (also got banned for a similar option pre neo break-up).

If your religious, pray for me.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

I know this is a bad take.
I know blocking the road isn't justification for murder.

But maann, if I were rich enough to get away with it....

When people protest by inconveniencing normal people, it really triggers me.

I don't mean people who are walking down a street protesting, I mean the people who block highways to stop traffic type shit.

I didn't want to start a thread because I know most reasonable people would probably shit on me for my opinion. (also got banned for a similar option pre neo break-up).

If your religious, pray for me.
Take a different route. Life is too short to focus on the worst parts of it.

If it's too difficult, move into the countryside or a small town. Way less issues with traversal. Although I get stuck behind cars doing 10-29 under the speed limit more frequently, the overall experience is much more enjoyable.

Roxkis_ii

Take a different route. Life is too short to focus on the worst parts of it.

If it's too difficult, move into the countryside or a small town. Way less issues with traversal. Although I get stuck behind cars doing 10-29 under the speed limit more frequently, the overall experience is much more enjoyable.

Let me just say, I've never been stuck in traffic due to any protest. I don't think it's something that happens very often. But when ever I read about it, I can image myself being very upset if I were in that situation. Especially if I was coming home from work, I would be livid.

Not enough to just shoot someone, but I would be ready to fight.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
The way i discover music and new genres is weird. I will start with the most obscure shit, and eventually work my way up to the mainstream. It's the reverse for everybody else.

Top Bottom