• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

dr_octagon

Banned
If you're going upriver in a canoe,
And the wheels fall off,
How many pancakes does it take to cover a doghouse?

Six.

Because there's no bones in ice cream.
gordon ramsay fox GIF by Hell's Kitchen

Catphish

Nope, it's an alternative dough-mension. Bread through time and space.

Catphish Catphish has a PhD in temporal sourdough, he can explain in more detail.
Quite right.

Yes, adamsapple adamsapple , you see, in physics and breadlativity, bread doughlation is the difference in the elapsed time as measured by two loaves of bread. It is either due to a breadlative velocity between them (special relativistic "kineadic" bread doughlation) or to a difference in fermentational potential between their locations (general breadlativistic fermentational bread doughlation). When unspecified, "bread doughlation" usually refers to the effect due to velocity (see the aerodynamic properties of toast).

After compensating for varying signal delays due to the changing distance between an observing baker and a moving oven (i.e. Doughpler effect), the baker will measure the moving oven as baking slower than an oven that is at rest in the baker's own reference kitchen. In addition, an oven that is close to a massive body of yeast (and which therefore is at lower fermentational potential) will record less elapsed time than an oven situated further from the said massive body of yeast (and which is at a higher fermentational potential).

These predictions of the theory of breadlativity have been repeatedly confirmed by bakery experiment, and they are of practical concern, for instance in the operation of automatic bread baking systems such as KBS and Cuisinart. Bread doughlation has also been the subject of culinary fiction works.

GeekyDad

Quite right.

Yes, adamsapple adamsapple , you see, in physics and breadlativity, bread doughlation is the difference in the elapsed time as measured by two loaves of bread. It is either due to a breadlative velocity between them (special relativistic "kineadic" bread doughlation) or to a difference in fermentational potential between their locations (general breadlativistic fermentational bread doughlation). When unspecified, "bread doughlation" usually refers to the effect due to velocity (see the aerodynamic properties of toast).

After compensating for varying signal delays due to the changing distance between an observing baker and a moving oven (i.e. Doughpler effect), the baker will measure the moving oven as baking slower than an oven that is at rest in the baker's own reference kitchen. In addition, an oven that is close to a massive body of yeast (and which therefore is at lower fermentational potential) will record less elapsed time than an oven situated further from the said massive body of yeast (and which is at a higher fermentational potential).

These predictions of the theory of breadlativity have been repeatedly confirmed by bakery experiment, and they are of practical concern, for instance in the operation of automatic bread baking systems such as KBS and Cuisinart. Bread doughlation has also been the subject of culinary fiction works.
giphy.gif

Pantz

The hottest Christmas gift this in Italy year? Train tracks with Piccolo's feet on the tracks for your train set. (Piccolo from Dragon Ball of course).
(He thought as he was falling asleep).
What??!?!?!?! (he said out loud to himself after thinking this)

GeekyDad

It tasted more like the spices which was fine but not as disgusting as I thought it would be.

A couple of years ago Doritos had cheeseburger chips and I miss those!
Chips, though, man...stuff can be hardcore addictive. I have a really bad issue with Kettle Brand salt & cracked pepper chips. Sit down, and next thing I know...the whole bag's gone. :messenger_pensive:

RAÏSanÏa

It's funny to watch the feebleminded influencer try to alter the character of the powerfully self-actualized and educated with concern trolling. "It's really a shame" LOL what a joke these people are.

Star-Lord

I find it amusing that I can't access the MetaGAF thread at work due to their filter, but I can easily access the NSFW tits and butts thread.

Explain the logic behind that.

GeekyDad

Food is typically referred to as fuel for the body. So, I would think of the tongue and other sensory elements of the mouth to be the igniter. But I know for me personally, some foods turn my tongue into a flame thrower, causing me to eat too much too fast, not giving my brain enough time to receive the message(s) from the tummy that it's full and sated.

So, I guess, I've got to figure out a way to make that igniter a more safe way to engage the fuel.

Last edited:

dr_octagon

Banned
Food is typically referred to as fuel for the body. So, I would think of the tongue and other sensory elements of the mouth to be the igniter. But I know for me personally, some foods turn my tongue into a flame thrower, causing me to eat too much too fast, not giving my brain enough time to receive the message(s) from the tummy that it's full and sated.

So, I guess, I've got to figure out a way to make that igniter a more safe way to engage the fuel.
LH77WE2.jpg

GeekyDad

How come asking people you just met about where they work isn’t as frowned upon as asking about their salaries?

What would you gain from knowing that I work at a dildo factory?
Do you really encounter people often in social situations that ask you how much you make? That seems pretty personal, actually. Now, asking what type of work you do gives someone an idea about what you know and such, and that makes sense to me. Of course, I guess if you work at a dildo factory, that could be awkward conversation.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Do you really encounter people often in social situations that ask you how much you make? That seems pretty personal, actually. Now, asking what type of work you do gives someone an idea about what you know and such, and that makes sense to me. Of course, I guess if you work at a dildo factory, that could be awkward conversation.
I had someone who makes much more than me ask about my salary a while ago, it was weird. Told him I like to keep it to myself.

Yeah, there’s no real issue with asking about someone’s job, but I hate the comments that might come after I answer. Like “Why not apply at XY bank, they probably pay more than your current employer”.
I know they mean well and I appreciate it, but I don’t need to hear it.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

I had someone who makes much more than me ask about my salary a while ago, it was weird. Told him I like to keep it to myself.

Yeah, there’s no real issue with asking about someone’s job, but I hate the comments that might come after I answer. Like “Why not apply at XY bank, they probably pay more than your current employer”.
I know they mean well and I appreciate it, but I don’t need to hear it.
Yeah...I'm guilty of doing that with my kids, but I only asked once or twice. After they explained why, I left them alone. They're content doing what they want. They earned their degrees, and in my mind, they've more than earned the right to be left the fuck alone by their old man. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
How come asking people you just met about where they work isn’t as frowned upon as asking about their salaries?

What would you gain from knowing that I work at a dildo factory?
People spend, presumably, 40 hours a week working. Asking about their work, I feel like it tells me about how they're feeling about where they are in life.

If they're passionate about their work, you'll have started am engaging conversation.

If they find it boring, try and move the convo on quickly.

And if they aren't the biggest fans of their current work, you can quickly learn about their aspirations! I.e., what they'd rather be doing

i was walking through the city today and saw a shit load of halloween stores. this place has gone to shit because most shops have shut down now we have a lot of cheap trashy stores everywhere. anyway... i thought it was strange that there were so many halloween stores because i thought halloween isn't happening soon. i just realised about 9 hours later that we're near the end of september so it's really not far away. i feel like i'm still in july lol. i know it's september but it somehow hasn't quite registered yet. maybe it's the weather. i can feel it getting colder but usually at this point of the year it's really cold but i still haven't turned on my heating on.

lol i was thinking this to myself the last week or two. i can feel the cold coming but it's taking it's time this year. we're at the arse end of september and i still have my windows open around the house and not turned the heating on. the mornings are quite cold but the temperature throughout the day is still mild.

dr_octagon

Banned
We enjoyed the sun, despite the terrible events. It has been a longer season of warmery. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Seagulls drop chips on the shoulder of a sunbather. I watched car lights blind me at 2am on the M25.

All those memories gone. Like teabags in a mug. Time for a brew.

Top Bottom