• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

badblue

Part of me thinks that I should use my $500 "x-mas cheer" check for responsible things, like paying down my debt a bit or buying grocery's. Another part of me thinks that the local computer store currently has a bunch of 3060's that would replace my dying 1080 quite nicely.

Larry David Reaction GIF

it's not a lot but i got paid a bit extra in my wages this week than i expected. worked out about £25 extra (after tax). not sure why i got it but i'm not going to say anything lol.

in addition to that i went shopping today and didn't spend as much as i usually do. usually i set a budget of £60 but i only spent £32. so that £25 covered 78% of it and i'm only out of pocket £7! saved myself £52 so i feel fucking rich and don't know what to spend it on lol.

GeekyDad

it's not a lot but i got paid a bit extra in my wages this week than i expected. worked out about £25 extra (after tax). not sure why i got it but i'm not going to say anything lol.

in addition to that i went shopping today and didn't spend as much as i usually do. usually i set a budget of £60 but i only spent £32. so that £25 covered 78% of it and i'm only out of pocket £7! saved myself £52 so i feel fucking rich and don't know what to spend it on lol.
Did you work Thanksgiving?

Wait, nvm. Sorry.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

So, in YOUR opinion, was The Prestige a complex way of expressing the old childhood tale of "don't look behind the curtain," or "a magician never reveals his secrets"? Basically, a warning to children why they should never ask about certain things because they might not like the answer. Alice in Wonderland and all that jazz?

badblue

Part of me thinks that I should use my $500 "x-mas cheer" check for responsible things, like paying down my debt a bit or buying grocery's. Another part of me thinks that the local computer store currently has a bunch of 3060's that would replace my dying 1080 quite nicely.

Larry David Reaction GIF

My credit card has points.... enough point that I can make a $500 payment with them.

Think Episode 9 GIF by NBC

Last edited:

sono

Gold Member
Why do some guys wear cargo shorts out shopping in town when the temperature is close to freezing. Do they think the world want to see their calves so bad

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
My credit card has points.... enough point that I can make a $500 payment with them.

Think Episode 9 GIF by NBC

Someday, these babies are going to help me & the wife get to Japan first class.
uLF8iN1.png

You must also live in the South.
I love in the north and it is more common than you think. It's mostly largely overweight dudes. They've got the insulation to handle it.

Last edited:
here (scotland) it is cold 99% of the time and no matter the weather i always see cunts out in shorts. saw a few people recently out shopping wearing shorts. not necessarily cargo shorts but normal ? short. kinda like football (soccer) shorts.

our weather right now...there is snow and it's currently -4C. the last couple days it's been -10C.

i don't know why the fuck people are cutting about in shorts in this bloody weather. i'm a fat cunt so if anyone is going to be bouncing about in shorts it's me and there's no fucking way i'm wearing shorts out there!

the only logical reason i can think of is that maybe they were at football or the gym and need to cool down but even then cmon to fuck man it's baltic. other than that... maybe they are just morons and want to look hard. oh look at me! it's snowing! there's fucking penguins and polar bears knocking about out there but me? i'm mental and just wearing shorts! off ma head!

put some fucking trousers on ya fruit cake.

/rant

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
So, in YOUR opinion, was The Prestige a complex way of expressing the old childhood tale of "don't look behind the curtain," or "a magician never reveals his secrets"? Basically, a warning to children why they should never ask about certain things because they might not like the answer. Alice in Wonderland and all that jazz?
What I remember is NEVER hire Hugh Jackman's drunken twin.

Still mad The Northman flopped. One of the best movies of the past ten years and most didn't get it.
screw 'em. yeah i'd like it to have been more successful but i enjoyed the movie and it's going nowhere.

looking forward to the Nosferatu movie. I'll watch anything Robert Eggers does. love The Witch and The Lighthouse. i wonder what he'll call the Nosferatu movie. I hope it's something like "The Vampire/Vampyr" to fit with his movie names so well have

The Witch
The Lighthouse
The Northman
The Vampire

Thaedolus

Gold Member
*Tweets: Miracle Whip isn’t mayonnaise!”

*3 retweets later*

“Wow I didn’t expect this to blow up please consider donating to my friend’s gofundme for their pug (Porky the Pug)‘s surgery to resolve them’s sleep apnea!”

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
It's a natural thing to do. Good if you acknowledge it at least.

You don't. And others on GAF. I can be so mean spirited it scares me. Taking casual criticism as a vile personal attack and such. Hate that when I do that.

I know it's the little scared and insecure boy knee jerking it's initial interpretation but still

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
You don't. And others on GAF. I can be so mean spirited it scares me. Taking casual criticism as a vile personal attack and such. Hate that when I do that.

I know it's the little scared and insecure boy knee jerking it's initial interpretation but still

Just try to reflect on yourself and question the things you do and say. Learn from that and pursue to be a better being up until the end of time. And despite all criticism, may it be your own or the one of others, don't forget to love yourself.

It deeply saddens me that some of my most respected people have fallen to great lows. I'd think that with their legendary status they would honor and appreciate what put them on the map, remaining humble, kind, compassionate. Instead, they probably got corrupted. They done things I never thought they would do, sinking them down. I pity them. I hope one day they will redeem themselves

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
The Batman is so good. The most comic accurate adaptation of the character and wow Zoe Kravitz lord I wanna taste it

Banned
After an update yesterday, Windows 10 finally allows you to have the search bar on your taskbar even if you have it placed on the top (as you SHOULD)
so that's nice :)

GymWolf

I just grilled 6 mini hot dogs (or wurstels for normal people) and now they look like semi-burned churros.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm tired of all of the inflation. I wish I had known it was going to happen ahead of time but I guess we live and learn.

GeekyDad

I'm ready for trans transitioning, where women identify as women, and men identify as men. That'll be some wild stuff, dude...

Last edited:
Top Bottom