• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

In my opinion, I think NeoGAF is one of the only active forums remaining that's genuinely busy and friendly, for the most part. On a lot of other videos games related forums, the users there just post crap or memes, as a reply. They have a thing with dark skins as well for stylesheets, which is meh. But some of the members are just morons that don't know the meaning of coherency. Rendering you posting at all vastly pointless.

I post on a site like this called JoyFreak, but it's pretty much dead. I think it was copied from ResetEra. The guy in charge is also a bit of a prat. I pointed out that the site was being infested with bots, and then you wish you hadn't even mentioned it. And besides that, he only soft-banned an account belonging to this Australian dude who keeps bothering me on YouTube with multiple identities. So I pointed out he could still log in and do searches.

"Oh my God. He got banned after a year of you asking. Go on with your life!" Or something to that effect.

Plus, the majority of forums online are not active so much now because of Twitter and Reddit. While I don't really think that's necessarily bad, the format isn't as great.

I was on GameFAQs several times, but I only felt that a handful of respondents were polite. The rest were clearly up their own rears. But when Silent Hill was announced to be returning, I felt as if we all generally supported it. :)

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Today, while talking with a friend, I used the phrase "Robert Pattinson" to convey general angst and grief. And he got it like it was natural, as did his wife.

Robert Pattinson. You just read those words and thought of glum sadness didn't you? You know you did.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
If the stomach is the way to a man's heart, why don't women wear gravy?
Because whipped cream exists
whipped cream corinne GIF by The Bachelor

GeekyDad

Didn't wanna start a new thread, but was hoping perhaps someone might be able to help me. Just redeemed a bunch of codes (I didn't even realize I had) for Silicon Valley seasons 1-5. I have the blu-rays, but wanna watch them on my PC. The HBO site only gives you one option to watch them digitally, and that's Vudu. Never tried it before today. I researched a little, and it says you can only watch in SD via Firefox, so went into my settings and changed it over. But the eps still don't show up. It shows the list on the My Vudu page, but I can't seem to access the actual seasons/eps.

Anyone familiar with navigating this site and watching media via Vudu?

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Rewatching Andor. Man this show is good.

What is my sacrifice?

Calm. Kindness. Kinship. Love.

I’ve given up all chance at inner peace. I’ve made my mind a sunless space. I share my dreams with ghosts.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Tomorrow we have to delivery a 300+ kg kitchen mixer to a client and we are like 3-4 people, if you don't hear news from me you know i was squashed to death or with my spine broke in 2 (or more) parts :messenger_kissing_smiling:
Can't you just "GymWolf" it alone? Aren't you the strongest KitchenWolf there is?

GymWolf

Can't you just "GymWolf" it alone? Aren't you the strongest KitchenWolf there is?
It is not much a matter of weight (although 300 kg are a lot and i don't know how strong are the other people, if only one gave up we are fucked), it's the fact that a gigantic kitchen aid is not an easy object to grab, it doens't have a regular form factor, it is not inside a box but inside a wood cage that we have to break first (because the wood can't sustain the weight so we can't just grab the cage) and the weight balancement is all fucked up because the part with the engine is the heaviest part by far, it is not like having the perfect grip on a barbell or dumbell, we are gonna have the shittiest grip while walking, maybe doing stairs or lifting the bitch over our head, no need to say that 300 kg of metal are enoug to squash any man or break any spine or bones.

Mongoloid clients ordering gigantic things for small ass kitchens with an even smaller passage to get to the kitchen, the story of my life.
I lost the count of the how many times we had to literally break down doors or walls to create a passage because the mongoloids can take a fucking measurement correctly.

Literally every time we do this shit i risk of fucking myself up permanently.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
It is not much a matter of weight (although 300 kg are a lot and i don't know how strong are the other people, if only one gave up we are fucked), it's the fact that a gigantic kitchen aid is not an easy object to grab, it doens't have a regular form factor, it is not inside a box but inside a wood cage that we have to break first (because the wood can't sustain the weight so we can't just grab the cage) and the weight balancement is all fucked up because the part with the engine is the heaviest part by far, it is not like having the perfect grip on a barbell or dumbell, we are gonna have the shittiest grip while walking, maybe doing stares or lifting the bitch over our head, no need to say that 300 kg of metal are enoug to squash any man or break any spine or bones.

Mongoloid clients ordering gigantic things for small ass kitchens with an even smaller passage to get to the kitchen, the story of my life.
I lost the count of the how many times we had to literally break down doors or walls to create a passage because the mongoloids can take a fucking measurement correctly.

Literally every time we do this shit i risk of fucking myself up permanently.
Then take care of yourself! And report back.

Max Greenfield Win GIF by CBS

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
The Origin storefront is really interesting. They're not trying to sell you games so much as experiences within the games. Mostly a bunch of reminders of game content you have purchased, or could purchase, but not the games themselves.

The entire point is live service right? Get you to download the game again, maybe spend another $15. It's pretty bullish compared to Steam, but I get why EA does this. Almost all of their games are live service now.

RWjdGfy.png

i just tried to drink a beer with the cap still on....twice

also i hate how slow Microsoft Flight Simulator takes to install shit. i'm downloading a 4GB package and i've been here about 10 minutes already. should only take 2 minutes literally if it makes full use of my internet speeds.

Last edited:

Mistake

i just tried to drink a beer with the cap still on....twice

also i hate how slow Microsoft Flight Simulator takes to install shit. i'm downloading a 4GB package and i've been here about 10 minutes already. should only take 2 minutes literally if it makes full use of my internet speeds.
Maybe you downloaded an install simulator

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I reactivated my Netflix account like a week or two ago, mostly to watch Bullet Train.

Scrolling through my suggestions gives a bizarre impression of reality. Like, I know movies and TV are forms of escape, but it just seems unreal coming back to this finely tuned engine of entertainment excess after having been away for about two years and mostly reading books and watching whatever purposefully-mild Marvel or Star Wars show was on Disney+.

And maybe it's just me getting old, but it really sexualizes young people in weird ways in the thumbnails at times. For example, I just browsed past a few suggestions featuring Keirnan Shipka and Timothy Chalumet (however his named is spelled) and I am pretty sure they were both minors in these movies / shows, but it's trying to make them all alluring and provocative and it just feels gross.

Anyways, old man musings.

Last edited:
today i learned wtf Poutine is!

i knew it was some kind of food but i imagined something meaty and disgusting. turns out it's just chips (fries), cheese, and gravy. i fucking looove that. me and my friends used to buy it all the time during high school and i still make it sometimes these days.

if that's canada's national dish or one of their most famous then i want to move there.

Lunarorbit

https://www.sacbee.com/opinion/article270313997.html

So this author goes on 33 dates in one year and ends up concluding that her dates were the problem, not her.

I've seen articles like this before, all from women, in the last several years. Mostly she complains that men don't ask enough questions about her, talk about themselves too much, don't match up to their online photos, or are just "bad communicators".

She laments that in college she could meet men in class, at parties, through friends, or on the quad playing beer pong.

Hey, jackass, why don't you volunteer at a non profit and see if like minded people want to hang out? Play a coed adult intermural sport and see if other horny people show up. There are specific groups that meet up and do activities together, oftentimes with a teacher, they are designed as social spaces for singles.

I guess I'm just pissed cause this bratty attitude has influenced the entire dating world.

Sometimes after 33 shitty dates you have to look in the mirror and admit you might be part of the problem

dr_octagon

Banned
today i learned wtf Poutine is!

i knew it was some kind of food but i imagined something meaty and disgusting. turns out it's just chips (fries), cheese, and gravy. i fucking looove that. me and my friends used to buy it all the time during high school and i still make it sometimes these days.

if that's canada's national dish or one of their most famous then i want to move there.
Montreal Poutine GIF by Bob aux Halles

Top Bottom