• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

dr_octagon

Banned
I’m 5” 3. If a magical being appeared before me with a button that would make any man taller than me cease to exist, I would press it instantly. I love you all but that’s just the way it is.
The button is placed on a 7 foot platform dough.
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
today i learned wtf Poutine is!

i knew it was some kind of food

if that's canada's national dish or one of their most famous then i want to move there.
"Some kind of food" is accurate 😄

Like any fast food I have some about once or twice a month. We also have a ton of variants including mac & cheese, smoked meat and bacon & sausage to name a few.
When I was a drunk poutine was the BEST at 2 AM after a night of Viking drinking.
Transforms watery shits into mild cement.

apparently i'm gay because of the music i listen to.

i don't feel gay. maybe a tiny bit because i nearly kissed a guy that one time. i generally don't find men attractive.

so what if i listen to all kinds of pop music including kpop/hyper pop? i also listen to loads of metal/rock stuff. i grew up listening to metallica, rage, slayer, iron maiden, slipknot, acdc, nofx, the clash, ramones. over time my musical tastes changed.

seriously....this guy i knew when i was going through my goth/emo/punk stages literally said "i don't even recognise you anymore man" because he saw my spotify playlists :messenger_tears_of_joy:

i'm not going to change to suit someone else but it's a bit infuriating that people think i shouldn't be listening to music because of who i am.

rant over!

i need to stop wasting money. usually i'm responsible with money but i still do stupid shit. i bought a brand new phone for £300 and i used it like maybe 3 hours and it's been sitting in a box for the last few weeks. finally realised i don't even need it and i'm looking at getting maybe £190 back if i'm lucky. £110 fucked off down the drain. i already have a phone btw but for some reason felt i needed another one.

also i just bought a 500GB ssd for my PC and now i want to buy a 2TB one (i alread own a 2TB ssd but it's "only" pcie 3). the 500GB was "only" about £50 and when i bought it i thought oh i don't need a PCIE 4 ssd! pcie3 is fine because i won't be upgrading my PC anymore. £1400 later...yeah i'm upgrading my PC. i plan on spending another £1000-1400 upgrading it. that includes a new PCIE 4 ssd because i'll be getting a PCIE 4 motherboard.

it's pissing me off. i'm trying to talk myself out of spending the other £1-1.4k on upgrading my PC but i can't shake myself.

i can afford it but i just have that itch for something new and i can't help myself.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
i need to stop wasting money. usually i'm responsible with money but i still do stupid shit. i bought a brand new phone for £300 and i used it like maybe 3 hours and it's been sitting in a box for the last few weeks. finally realised i don't even need it and i'm looking at getting maybe £190 back if i'm lucky. £110 fucked off down the drain. i already have a phone btw but for some reason felt i needed another one.

also i just bought a 500GB ssd for my PC and now i want to buy a 2TB one (i alread own a 2TB ssd but it's "only" pcie 3). the 500GB was "only" about £50 and when i bought it i thought oh i don't need a PCIE 4 ssd! pcie3 is fine because i won't be upgrading my PC anymore. £1400 later...yeah i'm upgrading my PC. i plan on spending another £1000-1400 upgrading it. that includes a new PCIE 4 ssd because i'll be getting a PCIE 4 motherboard.

it's pissing me off. i'm trying to talk myself out of spending the other £1-1.4k on upgrading my PC but i can't shake myself.

i can afford it but i just have that itch for something new and i can't help myself.

It's just about filling a hole. Getting that excitement of buying something is mostly a better feeling than eventually getting whatever it is what you bought (sans the X amount of hours/days honeymoon phase) that momentarily fills that hole.

Think about how much you really need it AND will use it.

Maybe say hey, my current phone does it's job. A newer version wouldn't add much besides my before mentioned points so perhaps I'll stash my money and save it for small (??) vacation or something.. That WILL give you a experience and memories that'll last a lifetime.

Just a thought.

It's mostly the THOUGHT of buying something (you don't really) need (???) that gives you that *fullfilling* rather than obtaining said something.

But the fuck do I know.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I'm happy I'm tolerated by a select group of members on here. I'm pretty socially isolated so getting some love on here really warms my heart. Even though I can be a real asshole and say post weird stuff. Thanks to you all and EviLore EviLore DGrayson DGrayson and the rest of GAF's staff for not banning me for "conspiracy stuff"

Sorry just having a good day and reflecting on stuff.

Proud The Karate Kid GIF

Sincerely

Edit don't want to mention names. Dont want to forget someone by accident =/

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I'm happy I'm tolerated by a select group of members on here. I'm pretty socially isolated so getting some love on here really warms my heart. Even though I can be a real asshole and say post weird stuff. Thanks to you all and EviLore EviLore DGrayson DGrayson and the rest of GAF's staff for not banning me for "conspiracy stuff"

Sorry just having a good day and reflecting on stuff.

Proud The Karate Kid GIF

Sincerely
Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

It's just about filling a hole. Getting that excitement of buying something is mostly a better feeling than eventually getting whatever it is what you bought (sans the X amount of hours/days honeymoon phase) that momentarily fills that hole.

Think about how much you really need it AND will use it.

Maybe say hey, my current phone does it's job. A newer version wouldn't add much besides my before mentioned points so perhaps I'll stash my money and save it for small (??) vacation or something.. That WILL give you a experience and memories that'll last a lifetime.

Just a thought.

It's mostly the THOUGHT of buying something (you don't really) need (???) that gives you that *fullfilling* rather than obtaining said something.

But the fuck do I know.
i appreciate the advice but i went through all that. part of me knew i didn't need another phone but i wanted it so got it. the phone i got wasn't even really an upgrade over the phone i have. i have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and i bought a Pixel 6A :messenger_tears_of_joy:. i wanted a new phone and i had £300 to burn. i know it's the idea of buying something and getting a hit that is getting at me. i'm buying shit i don't really need but i need a kick. it's sad i know.

anyway the Pixel 6A is sold and posted now. i got £189 back for it after ebay fees and postage.... so that's a loss of £109. yey

i'm currently fighting with myself regarding upgrading my PC :messenger_unamused: i want a new CPU, motherboard, RAM, SSD. the thing is i want a Ryzen 7700X and i know there are new CPUs coming out in a couple weeks. realistically i probably won't be able to buy them for about another month or maybe two. so what i'm thinking is i should buy everything now (including the 7700X) and use it until the new CPU comes out. i'll sell the 7700X and but the new CPU. but doing the calculations i'm going to be roughly losing £200 buying the 7700X, selling it, and buying a new CPU. i did think about buying the cheaper 7600X and doing the same thing. that way i might only be losing £150.

i know i'm being fucking stupid but that's the way my brain works. once i want something then it's all i can think about and i can't relax until i buy it. usually i tell myself to sleep on it or just wait but it always eats away at me. i'm trying to force myself to wait another 2-4 weeks and save £150-200 but i'm fucking itching to spend money :messenger_downcast_sweat:

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
At least you're aware

Maybe wait those 2/4 weeks and see/feel how that goes. You know, like an excersise. Small steps.

In any case

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I've been envious of people who grew up in sea / fishing towns or rugged landscapes for most of my life. There's something about the environment you grow up in that shapes you. As I've gotten older, the more I realize I don't need to be envious. The harsh winters here are in my blood & bones and I love it.

dr_octagon

Banned
I've been envious of people who grew up in sea / fishing towns or rugged landscapes for most of my life. There's something about the environment you grow up in that shapes you. As I've gotten older, the more I realize I don't need to be envious. The harsh winters here are in my blood & bones and I love it.
I ate sardines once, just turn off the lights and wear a woolly hat and am basically a Finn.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Man, Firefox is so much better than Chrome on Android. It's so much faster. Unfortunately Chrome has a couple features I really like that Firefox doesn't so I'm still using Chrome as my primary browser. I really want to switch though.

GeekyDad

Regarding AI-created "art":

It's all subjective, I'm guessing, but I don't think it's an offense. I mean, most of the "greats" throughout history attribute their works as inspirations from a higher power. AI-created (stable/unstable diffusion) art seems to be simply another way of processing these inspirations.

Hey, I feel a little hurt by, and have for some time now, electronic-musical creations, but that doesn't make them any less art.

After watching countless tutorials on the process of diffusion, the shit seems pretty damn artistic to me. I think we'll all likely continue to be moved by certain things, and bored (etc.) by others.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Regarding AI-created "art":

It's all subjective, I'm guessing, but I don't think it's an offense. I mean, most of the "greats" throughout history attribute their works as inspirations from a higher power. AI-created (stable/unstable diffusion) art seems to be simply another way of processing these inspirations.

Hey, I feel a little hurt by, and have for some time now, electronic-musical creations, but that doesn't make them any less art.

After watching countless tutorials on the process of diffusion, the shit seems pretty damn artistic to me. I think we'll all likely continue to be moved by certain things, and bored (etc.) by others.
the technology was never the issue, the problem is that people are using other artists' work to train the AI into making said art. without their permission. you know how pissy people get when you use their work without their permission, even for something like AI

personally i don't see the point in something like this, AI is meant to help with hard work and the jobs that are grueling and difficult, blue collar stuff. having them take over creative expression is the wrong way to do things, that's the things that inherently make us human. we should be seeing more progress in the field of robots than progress in stuff like this.

That being said this just makes me excited for the future of AI. the 2020s are going to be the decade of artificial intelligence, and hopefully robots.

Last edited:
how much money would you give to someone on their 60th birthday? i'm talking someone in your family like a parent/sibling. not cousin/auntie/uncle etc.

i've bought a card, some gifts, chocolate, wine, cake, balloons but i want to give some money.
I have the flu and it’s worst than when I had COVID. Kids are passing this around. I feel like death.
i'm sick of people thinking the Flu is a joke. it ain't. that shit will fuck you up for fun.

i've only had COVID once but all i had was a minor headache, a bit of a sore head and a cough, and just generally not feeling 100%. i was fully vaccinated so i don't know what i'd have been like if i hadn't got them.

when i get the Flu it's bad. like put me in ambulance and go to the hospital bad. alright not all the time but i take it bad and have ended up in hospital a few times because of it.

this shit is going around right now and i'm being super cautious. if i could pick between covid (if it was the same as the time i had it) + flu then i'll pick covid.

Last edited:
Been watching The Man in the High Castle and I’m starting to think of the things the Nazis wouldn’t tolerate in present day America, things like not returning your shopping carts to the cart corral or store, or people not wiping the snow off of their cars.

Jennings

What's even the point in making a killer doll movie starring the girlfriend from Get Out if it's just gonna be Rated PG-13?

Top Bottom