• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Life sucks, and then you keep living. 'Cause if you died, you wouldn't give a shit. Or would you? Who the fuck knows. Either way, this shit sucks sometimes. Explosive diarrhea levels of suckage.
You seem to be stuck in this shitty mindset.
I see flashes of joy here and there from your posts.

I didn't give you Gaf Gold just so you could kill yourself you sonnafabitch get yer shit together you are loved here.

Quasicat

I am so amazed by some of our modern conveniences. Not just the internet and pocket computing devices, but the idea of running water truly amazed me. Some nights, after everyone is in bed, I sit in my living room thinking about how incredible it is that I have water and plumbing that does the dishes, laundry, and removes waste while I’m sitting there doing nothing.
Truly amazing times we live in!

I am so amazed by some of our modern conveniences. Not just the internet and pocket computing devices, but the idea of running water truly amazed me. Some nights, after everyone is in bed, I sit in my living room thinking about how incredible it is that I have water and plumbing that does the dishes, laundry, and removes waste while I’m sitting there doing nothing.
Plumbing is basically one of the biggest inventions of all time. When I think of the largest shit I've ever taken, and then think about how many people there are the world taking shits just as big (some multiple times a day), it's just a miracle that we're not all walking in shit all around us non-stop. It's got to just be mountains and mountains of it every day. I'm shocked we don't have to send it out into deep space.

dr_octagon

Banned
You can call someone, your voice is turned into signal transmitted across wires, radios and picked up by the other phone immediately. It's genuinely amazing.

The utilities and infrastructure behind modern life is incredible, we always take it for granted. Clean running water is not a luxury everyone in the world has.

Mitsurux

It's an amazing thing when humans gather to together to create music. Rewatching that Beatles doc on disney plus has reminded me of this.

Last edited:

Catphish

When someone gets into your business and tries to make things difficult for you, but the end result is that, because of their meddling, you come out better than you ever thought you could.

Kevin Costner Drinking GIF by Yellowstone

Star-Lord

Then shave it all off like I did and be free.

Be aerodynamic like Kojak, Mark Messier & Stone Cold Steve Austin.
I already did shave it off, like ten years ago. I started receding at a young age. As soon as it started, I got rid of it all and beat it at it's own game.

I just miss having hair sometimes.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Refraining from watching any new episodes of shows for a few weeks is great. Once I am ready to come back to them I'll have hours and hours of entertainment. The big hurdle is avoiding spoilers.

John Marston

I already did shave it off, like ten years ago. I started receding at a young age. As soon as it started, I got rid of it all and beat it at it's own game.

I just miss having hair sometimes.
If I were you I would buy a bunch of different wigs (Rasta, Platinum Blonde, mohawk, Afro from the 70's etc...) and just treat myself once in a while :messenger_grinning:

Star-Lord

I love it when a fucking idiot gives me an opportunity to gracefully call them a fucking idiot in public. What a way to wake up in the morning.
I find this happens more often with drivers. It really infuriates me how stupid some people are when it comes to driving. How they passed their exam is beyond me. I can only assume they were 'servicing' the examiner at the time.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Sitting here stuffed from July 4th BBQ, catching up on Ms Marvel, jamming in my head to the banging Bollywood or whatever it is soundtrack, and realized: both the Indians and us Americans fought off the British Empire, and our songs about it are all upbeat and happy.

Why haven't we teamed up as countries yet? Like the Batman and Robin of nations. Then just beat up Russia or something.

Edit: yes I know she's Pakistani

Last edited:

John Marston

When I finish in the top 3 in Mario Kart 8 Online around 3 AM I imagine a bunch of mothers in Brazil and London leaving their 6 year olds to the Switch babysitter as they smoke weed and make sweet love to their lovers.

Star-Lord

Where do words come from? Like, I know what they're made up of - letters, which, in turn, are just a combination of lines and curves - but like where do they actually come from? Who baked the first loaf of bread and decided to call it bread in the first place? Who decided Earth should be called Earth? Which man looked down at his junk and said 'Well, damn, that looks like a great...um...cock(?) to me!"

The language of the world confuses me.

Zeroing

Banned
Listen, I am as liberal as they come but even I don't know what to make of this

Someone opened a history book, realised that Greeks discussed a thing called 3rd sex, then google it and realised some animals also had it and went full twitter personal opinions on it.
The 3rd sex was hermaphrodite and I am not taking about gender. Also Androgyny is a thing discussed by Ancient Greeks.

Problem is everyone taking it out of context and putting into a society that is very individualistic and filled with personal opinions.

Why all of the sudden gender is the big topic in American culture? Because in the recent decades they stopped believing in science.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Watching The Batman again. This is the most faithful adaptation of Batman ever. All of the actors involved feel like they lept off the pages of the comics. Man I love this movie.

GeekyDad

Where do words come from? Like, I know what they're made up of - letters, which, in turn, are just a combination of lines and curves - but like where do they actually come from? Who baked the first loaf of bread and decided to call it bread in the first place? Who decided Earth should be called Earth? Which man looked down at his junk and said 'Well, damn, that looks like a great...um...cock(?) to me!"

The language of the world confuses me.
D69B9621-F22F-4EB8-900C67DE93ED5596_source.jpg

Ememee

Most monotonous jobs should allow employees to have an airpod in if it doesn’t impair with the job or employee of course. Could even accelerate productivity.

DonJorginho

Banned
I was told off by my co worker/line manager ish person who said it may look bad on me wearing an airpod whilst at work, but this cunt has the audacity to blast her music through her phone on the table everyday so I can't even listen to mine quietly through the phone.

It wouldn't bother me entirely if it was good music but it's fucking vocaloid music and japanese metal......

dr_octagon

Banned
I was told off by my co worker/line manager ish person who said it may look bad on me wearing an airpod whilst at work, but this cunt has the audacity to blast her music through her phone on the table everyday so I can't even listen to mine quietly through the phone.

It wouldn't bother me entirely if it was good music but it's fucking vocaloid music and japanese metal......
Tell her it's a hearing aid and she'll get reported to HR for discrimination.

Mitsurux

Overheard a fellow employees Teams call (due to their head phone volume being really loud and the office being really quiet) and I over head a person on the call say "we need to be prepared for the Sky Captain..." not sure what that mean... odd

Top Bottom