• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

GeekyDad

It's just a good update. Too much to nitpick.
I'd update if there was simply a way to leave a message conversation, not just mute it. Two of my brothers and a best friend started this conversation about politics, and for some ungodly reason, brought me into this shit. I have zero interest in that sort of thing, but I have to go in there every time one of them messages so I can make the message indicator (you know, the little red numbered dot on the upper right of the app icon) disappear in case one of my kids or my wife message me -- you know, stuff that I actually care about.

Did they include that? (Please say they did.)

For the first time ever, I’m actually happy to have updated iOS.
do you mean going from something like iOS 15 to 16 or a minor update?

my iPhone was on 16.0 and then i upgraded to 16.1 and it was having horrible battery drain. the 16.1.1 update seemed to fix it and i think i'm on 16.1.2 now. i know 16.2 is due within the next week but i think i'll hold off. there's really no reason to upgrade and the way Apple has handle the iOS/iPad OS 16 has made me lose some trust in them. next year when iOS 17 comes out i'll be waiting for 17.1/17.2 before jumping in.

i'm tired of updating all my devices so recently i started trying to stay on stable versions and only update if i need to or when the software is more stable. my iPhone is staying on 16.1.2, my iPad is staying on 16.1.1, my work phone is staying on Android 13, my Windows installation is only going to be updated every 5 weeks, and my linux installation is staying on 22.04 LTS until 24.04 LTS and it'll only get minor updates every month.

I'd update if there was simply a way to leave a message conversation, not just mute it. Two of my brothers and a best friend started this conversation about politics, and for some ungodly reason, brought me into this shit. I have zero interest in that sort of thing, but I have to go in there every time one of them messages so I can make the message indicator (you know, the little red numbered dot on the upper right of the app icon) disappear in case one of my kids or my wife message me -- you know, stuff that I actually care about.

Did they include that? (Please say they did.)
i don't think that's fixed yet.

edit: or maybe they have. i don't know

that's only for iMessage and if everyone has an iPhone.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

do you mean going from something like iOS 15 to 16 or a minor update?

my iPhone was on 16.0 and then i upgraded to 16.1 and it was having horrible battery drain. the 16.1.1 update seemed to fix it and i think i'm on 16.1.2 now. i know 16.2 is due within the next week but i think i'll hold off. there's really no reason to upgrade and the way Apple has handle the iOS/iPad OS 16 has made me lose some trust in them. next year when iOS 17 comes out i'll be waiting for 17.1/17.2 before jumping in.

i'm tired of updating all my devices so recently i started trying to stay on stable versions and only update if i need to or when the software is more stable. my iPhone is staying on 16.1.2, my iPad is staying on 16.1.1, my work phone is staying on Android 13, my Windows installation is only going to be updated every 5 weeks, and my linux installation is staying on 22.04 LTS until 24.04 LTS and it'll only get minor updates every month.

i don't think that's fixed yet.

edit: or maybe they have. i don't know

that's only for iMessage and if everyone has an iPhone.
Man, I hope you're right. Will read the link before I update, but man, that would be enough incentive for me. Thanks

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Like what, though?

Sleep focus, new live wall papers that incorporate the weather, more customization options for the lock screen, updates to chat and notification settings, improved communication with my carrier (I now get a strong signal in some places I used to get a poor one), other stuff I am forgetting. I am sure Apple publishes update notes someplace.

Lunarorbit

My wife is watching the harry/Meghan Netflix show right now. UK tabloids are so fucked up and have been forever. Was it the sun that wire tapped people a few years ago?

Anyway my point being is if you don't like Meghan Markle than I don't know what's up with you. The overt racism is... I don't know. Just so out there with the Brits media it's disgusting.

She just seems like a smart and kinda funny woman. So fucking r#tarded people act this way towards her

today is not going well.

kitten shit on the carpet and i stood on it. this was as i was running downstairs with blood literally pouring out my fingers. sliced open both my fingers with a razor knife. my bedroom, the carpet, hall, and bathroom i had to clean up the blood....and the kitten poop.

my ring finger has a chunk of skin hanging off but luckily it's not to deep. my pinky was gushing non stop. i didn't just lightly cut it i was using quite a bit of strength and i felt it go deep. i thought i was going to faint when i was trying to clean it up and put a bandage on it. shit is fucking stinging. i checked if i can still feel anything and i can so it was a close one.

Last edited:

Winter John

Today I was reading about some poor schlub who agreed to let his wife fuck other dudes while he stayed home and watched the kids. Halfway through reading that train wreck I thought I'm such an egotistical asshole that if my wife asked if she could see other men, I'd agree just so I could turn it into a competition to get more dates than her.

GeekyDad

today is not going well.

kitten shit on the carpet and i stood on it. this was as i was running downstairs with blood literally pouring out my fingers. sliced open both my fingers with a razor knife. my bedroom, the carpet, hall, and bathroom i had to clean up the blood....and the kitten poop.

my ring finger has a chunk of skin hanging off but luckily it's not to deep. my pinky was gushing non stop. i didn't just lightly cut it i was using quite a bit of strength and i felt it go deep. i thought i was going to faint when i was trying to clean it up and put a bandage on it. shit is fucking stinging. i checked if i can still feel anything and i can so it was a close one.

I should get my shit together. Hate having all this mental bullshit. It's been 40 years I'm done.
Hope you guys are alright.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I was just standing in line at the checkout with some cat kibble. There was an old lady in front of me and I told her yeah love me some snacks.

Was that evil?

Hope you guys are alright.
lol thanks. it's my own stupid fault for not being careful enough.

ring finger looks like something is stuck under the skin. i thought about trying to cut in to get it out but i'll wait and see how it heals.

pinky keeps bleeding if i put pressure on it. i took the bandage off and tried playing some games last night but my xbox controller ended up covered in blood. can't use my keyboard either.

sedg87

Banned
Getting very bored and fed up. Putting so much effort into things and can never get better at anything or learn anything to a decent standard. Failed at learning Japanese, guitar, art and well, errr, life. Not sure if I have some sort of learning disability or if I'm just thick as pig shit. Perhaps a bit of both.

Today I discovered our zoos lease pandas from China for around a million bucks a year. What the fuck. I like pandas, but they’re just fat Chinese bears
Same here. Unless you're also from Scotland :messenger_tears_of_joy:

£750,000/year (for 10 years) for 2 pandas. It went down to £375,000/year. I think they are going back to China at the end of 2023.

The Zoo has been trying to get the pandas to have sexy time so they can make mini pandas but it's not worked out.

Lunarorbit

Should I try fortnite?

Just saw a video of what it looks like now and the lighting is impressive. Sony better not charge anything for the 10 multiplayer games they have coming out

Should I try fortnite?

Just saw a video of what it looks like now and the lighting is impressive. Sony better not charge anything for the 10 multiplayer games they have coming out
people like to hate on the game and i suppose yeah it's aimed at kids and has a battlepass/in game currency but the game is so fucking fucking fun and addictive.

that said, the seasons are kinda hit and miss for me. one season i might not be able to get into it but when there is a good season (like the current one) then it's really damn good. i'll check every season out and if it sucks i might only level up a few times. this season i'm at lvl 25 which is good for me lol. today i've played a shit load of matches doing quests. you have seasonal quests which are kinda story/lore related. you have daily, weekly, and milestone quests. milestones are "passive" so you'll earn them simply by playing. daily and weekly are easy to achieve but you need to specifically aim for them but not too much...you could probably just play and clear some of them.

you don't need to buy the battlepass (i haven't...yet) and you don't need to buy Vbucks (in game currency). if you want it to be totally F2P then you can do it that way. i'd say go in and see how you like it. i think i'd need to get to ~lvl 50 to be able to get back enough currency through the battlepass to pay for next seasons BP which starts in march 2023. so i have plenty of time to level up. i'll probably end up buying the battle pass so i can get back Vbucks. it cost 950 vbucks for the pass and you can easily earn that back. You can buy the battle pass once and if you play enough then never pay any more money (unless you want skins in the store) for the next seasons pass.

i also bought Save The World (co-op tower defense/story mode. this is what Fortnite was meant to be before BR took off) a while back so i log into that daily and sometimes get free Vbucks so that makes it even quicker to get money. With the amount of vbucks i've earned through that what I paid for StW has more than paid for itself. I think i paid £20-30. It's £6.50 for 1,000 vbucks and i've had well more than 1,000 out of it. you get 150 or 300 vbucks each time.

if you want a simple battle royale game then it is that. a lot of people say it looks cartoony but i prefer that over the likes of CoD/Apex/PUBG. with the new update the game looks even better. be warned, you need a good PC to get the most out of it. Fortnite is arguably one of the most demanding and technology advanced games out today.

gone are the days of having to gather materials/build structures. there is a permanent no build mode now so if you want to just run about and shoot people you can do that. i play no build exclusively now. this game mode has more of a parkour feel to it. you're climbing the enviroment/buildings and sliding. the map is built for either build or no build.

seriously give it a try. i can ramble about it all the live long day but you should just go see if you like it or not. it's worth a try.

Last edited:

badblue

Fortnite is arguably one of the most demanding and technology advanced games out today.
Ron Burgundy No GIF

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
i've joined a few :messenger_smiling_with_eyes: PC Master Race, Cyberpunk 2077, and Fortnite. i'll have another look later for some more! i'm getting the idea of it now lol but i'm still too shy to post in any of them lol. sounds silly i know because i post on here but i don't know. feels different on Discord.
i remember feeling the exact same way back when i made my account back in 2016. half a decade later and you can consider me an addict
if you think i'm unhinged & retarded on GAF i'm a completely different person on discord
I'm another who hasn't (I don't think so, anyway) messed with Discord. Is it associated with any other notable social-media company? I ask because I'm wondering if I could just log in with another account, like you would YT and Google, etc.
no, discord is pretty much self owned. You will have to make an account

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

people like to hate on the game and i suppose yeah it's aimed at kids and has a battlepass/in game currency but the game is so fucking fucking fun and addictive.

that said, the seasons are kinda hit and miss for me. one season i might not be able to get into it but when there is a good season (like the current one) then it's really damn good. i'll check every season out and if it sucks i might only level up a few times. this season i'm at lvl 25 which is good for me lol. today i've played a shit load of matches doing quests. you have seasonal quests which are kinda story/lore related. you have daily, weekly, and milestone quests. milestones are "passive" so you'll earn them simply by playing. daily and weekly are easy to achieve but you need to specifically aim for them but not too much...you could probably just play and clear some of them.

you don't need to buy the battlepass (i haven't...yet) and you don't need to buy Vbucks (in game currency). if you want it to be totally F2P then you can do it that way. i'd say go in and see how you like it. i think i'd need to get to ~lvl 50 to be able to get back enough currency through the battlepass to pay for next seasons BP which starts in march 2023. so i have plenty of time to level up. i'll probably end up buying the battle pass so i can get back Vbucks. it cost 950 vbucks for the pass and you can easily earn that back. You can buy the battle pass once and if you play enough then never pay any more money (unless you want skins in the store) for the next seasons pass.

i also bought Save The World (co-op tower defense/story mode. this is what Fortnite was meant to be before BR took off) a while back so i log into that daily and sometimes get free Vbucks so that makes it even quicker to get money. With the amount of vbucks i've earned through that what I paid for StW has more than paid for itself. I think i paid £20-30. It's £6.50 for 1,000 vbucks and i've had well more than 1,000 out of it. you get 150 or 300 vbucks each time.

if you want a simple battle royale game then it is that. a lot of people say it looks cartoony but i prefer that over the likes of CoD/Apex/PUBG. with the new update the game looks even better. be warned, you need a good PC to get the most out of it. Fortnite is arguably one of the most demanding and technology advanced games out today.

gone are the days of having to gather materials/build structures. there is a permanent no build mode now so if you want to just run about and shoot people you can do that. i play no build exclusively now. this game mode has more of a parkour feel to it. you're climbing the enviroment/buildings and sliding. the map is built for either build or no build.

seriously give it a try. i can ramble about it all the live long day but you should just go see if you like it or not. it's worth a try.
Yeah I saw ppl talking about the no build mode and was interested. I've probably only played 10 minutes of fortnite and that was 5 years ago.

I usually skip a lot of mp games. Too bad I can't get old school Lara croft still. I think that was the last time I thought about playing, so maybe a year ago.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
So why can't I compare the loot on the ground with what im wearing in Diablo2. SMH

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
There aren't enough houses to go around and nobody wants to build starter homes anymore

It demands an infrastructure overhaul beyond comprehension next to a complete change regarding other aspects. Housing infrastructure is as inefficient as possible. Start looking at the core issues instead of it's symptoms.

RavageX

Completely not where I want to be. Gone from being pretty damn healthy to someone who is drinking almost daily, fallen off of exercise almost completely and eating less than healthy food. I'm not getting drunk everyday, but almost drinking to the point of a light buzz. The problem? Work(I think). I feel its a problem with the company itself instead of the employees. That isn't something I can fix, and its so weird to see how these people behave. I've always wondered if they(corporate) can see how fake their behaviour looks, and I would try to convince employees that they have their best interests in mind? I just tell them the benefits of the job, I don't do that "family" bs cause its not true.

My family hates it too. I'm looking for other work, but I feel stuck....and that is a feeling I don't like. The only feeling that is worse is not being able to provide, and that is what I'm REALLY afraid of. I am grateful for the fact I have a job, and it's one that I am not bad at but it takes everything I have EVERYDAY and leaves me with nothing once I'm home, and it still doesn't stop. I don't think I can do it anymore.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Sex is fine, but a properly dispensed blowjob can and will take you to heaven.

Too bad most girls, or at least those that I have been with, are pretty vanilla when it comes to it.

Top Bottom