• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rant: Sony, no more gifs

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
They've always being embarrassing cringe.

You'd expect they looked better than they do when they are from the developers.

Or are they fan made?

Many of them have bad animations unlike the games.

The one that always gets me is Ellie eating popcorn. Her teeth goes side ways like a mutant when she eats them.

Michael Jackson Popcorn GIF by Naughty Dog

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

Holy shit. This needs to be a searchable website. There's got to be a gif for every one of these.

The opposite, 20smth blue hairs aren't posting gifs of decade old memes, they are on tik tok or watching streamers. This is more so humor from a 35-40 year old who was 20smth in 2012 trying to recreate that era...which is fine if its organic, but when a cooperation leads a push to be funny it never works out. Xbox fails at it often too with their "lets be relatable" twitter post.

. . .for gods sake it's just SILLY. A big fat goof. That's it. That's the whole funking con. No one is social engineering shit here beyond the normal corporate engagement. Would you rather read a Twitter/Instagram post release that was just simple text with a still image from the game, or would you rather there was some dumb ass, bread and circus, meme attached?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
They are still fun for people who weren't born ten years ago.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The best ones are the ones that started organically like the Kratos throwing the computer away...Sony saw that and said every studio must have gifs as part of their roll out...then it became unfunny and just cringey. I hate when corporations try to recreate organically funny trends.
You're making a lot of assumptions here -- that's cringe.

These meme gifs that Sony obviously tells their studios to do arent cool. It's comes off as 40 something executives having their developers make gifs to appeal to "the youth" and completely misses the mark. At most you'll get mid late 30smth facebook dads sharing it but yea, they aren't cool.

God Of War Atreus GIF by Santa Monica Studio

God Of War Perfection GIF by Santa Monica Studio

Excite Parks And Recreation GIF by Naughty Dog

Happy The Last Of Us GIF by PlayStation

The Last Of Us Headbang GIF by PlayStation
That was Cringe

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

If these are all from SONY, I bet the overworked slobs who helped develop these games had a ball making them.

. . .or maybe this is a miserable process and as cynical as the OP is so certain it is. I still have to ask what websites the OP is trafficking in because I've never seen any of these and half of them I don't even know what it is referencing (what the hell is the Kratos one meant to be).

Top Bottom