• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

rasslin' news: Bradshaw, NWA, Smackdown dress codes?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
- According to 1wrestling.com, Bradshaw was heard backstage at tonight's Smackdown tapings defending his actions (goosestepping and doing a "Hitler salute" at a Germany house show) saying "I did it because I'm a bad guy....that's what I'm supposed to do." WWE workers have been quoted by 1wrestling.com as being "embarassed to work for this company" and calling Bradshaw a "clown... making a fool of himself" while "the entire world was paying tribute to the men who died at D-Day..."

- Most wrestlers backstage don't feel that John Bradshaw Layfield is really a racist, despite his extremely conservative political views. Most feel that his actions in Germany were just him being stupid and thoughtless while using the same tactic in Germany that he used in Texas (ie verbally attacking Hispanics).

Many are happy to see Bradshaw "get his" due to the fact that he has been acting stiff in the ring, almost like a bully, for awhile now.

- WWE has dropped Victoria's dance routine since it bombed. The dancing was Victoria's idea.

- Chris Candido was originally scheduled to work a dark match at the Smackdown taping tonight but did not end up working.

- Morale backstage is very low right now, especially on Smackdown. Much of the talent is upset with WWE's recent attempt to create a dress code for the talent.

- With TNA Impact! now on the air, management is deciding what to do with Xplosion. Xplosion is currently airing in select markets across the country and features squash matches and weekly PPV highlights.

It seems as if TNA will drop the show from bad markets and bad timeslots, keeping it only in certain areas such as on The Sunshine Network and Empire Sports Net.

Most in TNA feel that Xplosion now comes off looking bad compared to Impact! and the weekly PPV.

One advantage of keeping both shows is it allows TNA to claim they produce two TV shows and one PPV per week which would look impressive to advertisers and other businesses looking to work with TNA.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Oh, it was hard to watch alright. The dancing itself was pretty embarrassing but the utter silence elicited by the audience was even worse. You would think that, when met with such a reaction, it would be best to cut your losses and just stop immediately. Apparently this reasoning didn't dawn on Victoria...she would just continue to dance with the same goofy smile on her face.

Shinobi

The Faceless Master said:
- WWE has dropped Victoria's dance routine since it bombed. The dancing was Victoria's idea.

That's a shame...I wanted to watch it at least once, but never did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom