• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate the PlayStation Showcase

Rate the PlayStation Showcase

• It was fantastic

Votes: 16 2.2%
  • It was very good

Votes: 53 7.1%
  • It was okay

Votes: 194 26.1%
  • It was mediocre

Votes: 199 26.7%
  • It was poor

Votes: 151 20.3%
  • It was very bad

Votes: 131 17.6%

• Total voters
No Naughty Dog
No SMS
No Sucker Punch
No Astrobot
No Bend Studio
No BluePoint
No Kojima and DS2
No Silent Hill
No Stellar Blade

It appears that SIE only gonna publish one game this year.

Why the heck this was called showcase instead of just another state of play?

Last edited:

jhjfss

Nyc Mayoral Race GIF by GIPHY News

Okayish, but two things are pretty clear:

1. Most FP studios are not ready...
2. Videogames are starting to look way too samey to me...

Oh, and nothing really stood out as amazing looking or creatively inspiring. The showcase reminds me of the last few MS ones: Serviceable, but ultimately dull and forgettable.

6/10.

Last edited:

-Zelda-

Banned
I am interested in:

The Metal Gear games
Granblue Fantasy: Relink

Tower of Fantasy looks like that Genshin Impact stuff. Could be fun, but I am not touching it if it is online only/download only.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Average as fuck. Spider-Man 2, Dragon's Dogma 2 and maybe MGS if it wasn't CG bullshit were the only saving things. Street Fighter 6 looked good but the demo was shit.

Zok310

Banned
6/10

It was a bad PS showcase, but a good industry showcase overall.
I really wanna know how the folks at SIE went back to CGI trailers when in the past the have announced/reveal brand new ip via gameplay upfront? Like how did they fall off that horse sony?

gameplay, gameplay, gameplay...............
S-M2 looks like it need more time than "Fall 2023", its either cross gen, big as shit or its getting delayed, that shit look like a smart phone game.

Last edited:

SNG32

I had it a 4/10 but Spider-Man bumped it up to a 5/10. Definitely one of the worse showcases for Sony way too much cgi trailers for my liking .I’m surprised they didn’t show any Stellar blade footage since it’s suppose to release this year.

Reactions: Isa
I enjoyed it. It was decent, not E3 quality. But it was decent. I like the Metal Gear announcements, I enjoyed what I saw from FF16, Foamstars looked fun, and Spiderman looked great. And Phantom Blade 0 looked phenomenal.

Last edited:

Elios83

It was just ok, it lacked big PlayStation Studios announcements. Many games were just not ready with "not gameplay" teasers.
But there were many cool titles to look forward to in general.
It seemed like a long State of Play to me.

Last edited:

Zannegan

Why are these getting deleted? We always have reaction/rating threads after conferences/directs/showcases.

EDIT: On topic, I think it was a fine show, but not a great showcase for Playstation. Pretty much everything I'm interested in is 3rd part, VR, or both.

Last edited:
Way overhyped for what it ended up being. Seems like there's very little to look forward to from Sony first party for the foreseeable future except SpiderMan 2. I guess this means everything else (new IP from Naughty Dog and Santa Monica) are 2025 earliest.

X-Wing

I was game after game after game.
There was a lot of content and most of it look of good quality.
But a lot of it wasn't for me.
Spiderman 2 is looking great.

Elginer

It was weak as shit. Most of what I saw that interested me I'll play on a Series X. Spider-man looks great but where the shit was Naughty Dog or any of their other first party studios? Well, Microsoft has their work cut out for them. Honestly, show off Fable, Avowed and a few other gems and their golden. All this talk about Sony bringing the heat and all they brought was a ton of multiplatform games and from their first party a focus on shit shooters that won't last 6 months in the market. Good job Sony.

SeraphJan

Fantastic for me, these games looked very interesting to me, regardless whether its third party or not.

• Helldivers 2
  • Immortals of Aveum
  • Ghostrunner 2
  • Phantom Blade 0
  • The Talos Principle 2
  • Teardown
  • Metal Gear Solid Triangle: Snake Eater
  • Towers of Aghasba
  • Final Fantasy XVI
  • Alan Wake 2
  • Assassin’s Creed: Mirage
  • Street Fighter 6
  • Dragon’s Dogma 2
  • Five Nights at Freddy’s: Help Wanted 2
  • Resident Evil 4 Remake on PSVR2
  • Arizona Sunshine 2 on PSVR2
  • Synapse on PSVR2
  • Spider-Man 2

Last edited:

Zannegan

Seems some moderator(s) doesn't like negative opinions about Sony to be represented on this forum.
Let's not get conspiracy-minded. I like the mod team. They seem really even-handed as a rule.

I would just be sad if they decided reaction threads were out for some reason.

Last edited:
I just want to know what the big Sony studios are doing next. Bluepoint, Housemarque, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, GG, Santa Monica, Team Asobi.

I assume they all have something in the works. I figured we'd hear at least a couple of them.

As a game showcase it was fine, but as a PlayStation showcase it failed, not enough PS studio games and needed more gameplay. Shocked there was no Factions reveal.

Last edited:
My question is when is the next showcase because we know nothing about future First part releases from the major Sony studios

Top Bottom