• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RDR2 vs Hogwarts Legacy - NPCs Eating

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
GHvg8sc.png

Azurro

Banned
RDR2 most likely had a much bigger budget to play with, and 99% of the players will never pay attention to what those NPCs are exactly doing. They could have gone with a better animation, sure, but yeah, not a big deal.

NinjaBoiX

I was never expecting RDR2 levels of detail but wow, that looks hilariously bad! They’re just waving a fork in the air, the arms/hands even look terrible.

They couldn’t even just nail a simple plate to mouth animation with the food remaining static?

Loke

I never realized how much food is there just lying around in Hogwarts. Took a trip from the common room to the stairs and had two cups of tea, three apples and some cake I found along the way. It's weird there aren't more fat wizards
They do crazy cardio probably.

DaGwaphics

I never realized how much food is there just lying around in Hogwarts. Took a trip from the common room to the stairs and had two cups of tea, three apples and some cake I found along the way. It's weird there aren't more fat wizards

They do a skinny spell on themselves every day.

The animations cause the NPCs look more like puppets with strings there, I guess they are all also heavy drinkers and can barely get the forks to their faces. I was considering putting the game on my purchase on sale list, but if the NPCs are all drunk and don't clean their plates, I don't know. :messenger_squinting_tongue:

Last edited:
Holy shit I never even noticed that when I played rdr2 - I wonder when there will be a game that beats it in the details department. I feel like you’d have to “crunch” to do all the weird things in there

Ghost23

Yea how can you even compare this? Rockstar had 2000 people with an endless amount of time and money to put into RDR2. It would be insanely naive to think Avalanche could have achieved this level of detail

Last edited:

Fbh

I mean sure but if you are on console at least you can see NPC's eat in 60fps in Hogwarts Legacy

Paasei

I’d rather have good gameplay, though. Something Rockstar seems to be terrible at, still.

Gotta admit. Their attention to detail is great. Just hope they put that attention and hard work somewhere else.

Bekind

Neo Member
To be fair, RDR2 is a great game, and it was the only game that i tried so hard not to fall asleep when playing it, and i failed.

Then it became one of my favorite because of its special feature: bedtime game.

Whenever i can't fall asleep at night, RDR2 would always be one and only game for me to play before bed, it does help me get into sleep mode very fast. Just turn on the game, and after 10 mins i would already be snorzing, and it works every single time. What a great game.

Moriah20

It's hilarious how cynical some of you are, and can't just accept that it's a cool detail and immediately try and clap back at one of the most sucecssful games of the 8th gen. I'm pretty sure the gameplay designers of Hogwarts and RDR 2 weren't the ones working on adding minutea detail and animations.

EDMIX

I agree with many saying Rockstar are unmatched in this area, but they gave the blueprint years ago, there is no excuse to ignore some of those details in a game where you know people will be eating.

So what are we saying? The Sim's modders are on the level of this team? lol

So hopefully with a sequel these details are made.

Mozzarella

I hope game devs dont take these comparison videos by filthy casuals serious, because if they do its doomed, not only this makes lower budget dev struggle with game development time and management but it also puts game design priorities on the wrong things.

Top Bottom