• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Realistically when will get to see Naughty Dogs's factions?

I don’t even think that Day Before game is a real game.

And two of them look like hardcore survival games not multiplayer objective shooters. The only thing close to what TLOU Online would be is probably Division Heartland

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
If the upcoming Call of Duty was released as a new IP it would sell less. Undeniable.

Of course no IP can truly cover up for a game with shit design.

But it’s not a simple binary of IP does/doesn’t matter. More complicated than that.

IP gets more people to check out a game. IP does not get people to stick with a game.

That's why it's so prevalent in AAA single player and basically meaningless in modern GAAS titles.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

IP gets more people to check out a game. IP does not get people to stick with a game.

That's why it's so prevalent in AAA single player and basically meaningless in modern GAAS titles.

CoD
GTA
Fortnite
Minecraft
Destiny
FIFA
NBA2K
MLB
R6
FF14
etc

far from meaningless

Halo was/is a pretty big IP. How did that go?

You use 343i and Halo to prove your point?

Im Out Morgan Freeman GIF

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
CoD
GTA
Fortnite
Minecraft
Destiny
FIFA
NBA2K
MLB
R6
FF14
etc

far from meaningless

You listed a bunch of brand new IP and a bunch of good games who happen to have a well known IP attached.

Look at FF14. The IP did nothing to prevent it from crashing and burning when it first launched. No one cared that it was a Final Fantasy game because it wasn't fun to play. Everyone moved on overnight. Square Enix fixed it by making it a better game, not by tricking people into thinking the IP was better.

I will grant you that IP matters in sports games. They're most like single player in that way.

kyliethicc

You listed a bunch of brand new IP and a bunch of good games who happen to have a well known IP attached.

Look at FF14. The IP did nothing to prevent it from crashing and burning when it first launched. No one cared that it was a Final Fantasy game because it wasn't fun to play. Everyone moved on overnight. Square Enix fixed it by making it a better game, not by tricking people into thinking the IP was better.

I will grant you that IP matters in sports games. They're most like single player in that way.
I never said it’s simple yes/no binary, like you.

You’re missing the point.

Top Bottom