• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recently bought Animal Crossing...

Priz

I just recently bought Animal Crossing (again... the guy I originally bought it from upon release had some personal problems and never shipped it, dropped off the net too so I never was reimbursed either) for $20 and have been playing it on and off for about 2 months now.

Right now I've upgraded my house once and grow pears as the main crop in my city.

Anyone out there who's done quite well for themselves with the game want to donate stuff to my town? :)

Character's name is "Priz"
The Town is "Village"

I figured since there were so many fans of the game in the past, maybe I could find a little charity on here.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played in months. I did most of my playing when I rented it. After buying it my GF stold it and I didn't get to play it much. heh.

I don't have anything to trade, or say about animal crossing GC.

BUT, I would like to add at how increadibly cool it might be for animal crossing DS to have the ability to transfer trades via net/wireless so that whole password thing can die.

Here it is...Balloon Fight

aTKjMrdo&6A#iU
Hxia3f7&%0iKXr

The first row could be a 6 or a G, the second row could be a zero or a capital o.

Enjoy!

JpxWrg@9&RfFRK
PAKNTuEHf@iFPK

It's a suprise :p

Hmm, you might already have this. Oh well. Let me know if you do and I'll try to get you something else.

:D GOod luck. use google to find the Animal Crossing Board. Its great and the members will send you stuff asap. Too lazy to dig out the game.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Look for JoshuaSloans AnicroDesaPro application.

It is a program he made that converts jpgs, gifs etc into compatible palletes for the AC pattern maker

There's some way to get Punch-Out!! by starting a new character with some specific name. I'm sure you could find out how with some Google searching. Also, get an Action Replay to get the super rare NES games like Zelda and SMB. They will make your house 100x cooler.

scola said:
Look for JoshuaSloans AnicroDesaPro application.

It is a program he made that converts jpgs, gifs etc into compatible palletes for the AC pattern maker
Plug appreciated. :) The program can be found here.

I should also mention
AC Pattern Designer , a similar program. Overall fewer features, but the ability to preview patterns on a rotating 3D shirt is keen.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
I just started playing as well! Its a great game so far, I've just added a basement to my house.

Does anyone have any suggestions for making money? Currently, I fish for Red Snapper on the sea coast, they're not too rare and sell for 3,000 a piece.

neptunes

JoshuaJSlone how does you program work?

does it require loading anything on to your memory card?

Do you want my visual basic .NET ?

Lathentar said:
I just started playing as well! Its a great game so far, I've just added a basement to my house.

Does anyone have any suggestions for making money? Currently, I fish for Red Snapper on the sea coast, they're not too rare and sell for 3,000 a piece.

Fish in the ocean during the rain. Coelacanths are semi-abundant. Throw back any Sea Bass. Soon, you'll be filled with Red Snappers, Barred Knifejaws, and Coelacanths. I paid off my final loan in a couple hours that way!

Priz: Give me some item requests (lists available at ACC, great site) and if they're "send-able" I'll gladly hook you up if I have what you want. I love AC and am happy to nurture that love in others! I've played the game every day since its US release (9/16/02)... and can easily say nothing relaxes me quite the way it does.

Joshua: I had no idea you made Anicrodesapro! You rule.

neptunes

Imagine the community this would have if it was online enabled!

I'll set up a server and you guys can leave your junk there

An easy way to make money is to use the GBA Island trick. All you basically do is throw a bunch of the islander's favorite fruit on the groound and then come back on the GBA and feed it to the islander. Ea$y money.

Priz

Flaming Duck said:
JpxWrg@9&RfFRK
PAKNTuEHf@iFPK

It's a suprise :p

Hmm, you might already have this. Oh well. Let me know if you do and I'll try to get you something else.

Nope, I've had very little outside of the default stuff you get in trades or for doing stuff for the other characters in the town (or what I find in the dump).

Mets: Thanks for the offer, I do appreciate it!

thank everyone else here with the suggestions/help/etc. It is appreciated. It was a used copy so the memory card it came with was blank. (So I don't know what you receive when you start a game with a new package. I know there's supposed to be something on the card you get, but no idea what.)

Maybe with the online features of the DS version, there'll be a resurgence of play as well.

neptunes said:
[crosses fingers]

I hope it does also.

Remember a while back that Miyamoto said the next Animal Crossing will be the greatest communication game the world has seen? We all just assumed it was for GameCube, but now that it's coming to a system with so many cool functions it all makes sense. WiFi, local networking, touch screen keyboard, and even voice recognition are all things we might see in the title.

Crap, you guys want to start an Animal Crossing DS thread? We've already raised some interesting points in other places that would be best dragged out for all GAF members to contribute to.

neptunes said:
JoshuaJSlone how does you program work?

does it require loading anything on to your memory card?

Heh, no, unfortunately you still have to put the design in manually. My program just helps in resizing images to 32x32 and seeing how good they look in various palettes... or just to draw your own on PC, save them and share them, whatever.

When the news came out that people had figured out how to print eReader cards I theorized that making printable eCards with custom designs would be possible, but as I couldn't get any of the print samples to work properly, it's not something I could work on very easily.

Top Bottom