• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend Horror movies

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Pretty much the opposite,(not pretentious in the slightest) the Australian vibe you only get with those movies if you catch my drift. More Hereditary than Midsommer but not like either?, although i loved both. Milage may vary. Let me know what you thought, the opening scene made me pay attention and didn't let go until the end 9/10.

In fact im stuck on a train and im going to watch it again right now.

It was decent, although I have to admit I found most of the dialogue to be annoyingly indistinct. I don't have issues with the Aussie accents but everyone in the movie seems to mumble their lines.

In its favour the shock moments are genuinely effective and although there's really not much to it story-wise, it does enough to keep you interested.

Its got the usual youth-horror issues of characters acting in ways the audience wouldn't (at least I hope so) but they at least they aren't as hatefully, pathetically inert as in say, It Follows.

Mohonky

Gonna vouch for Talk To Me also. As an Australian, for some reason I just can't stand Australian TV or Movies, but Talk To Me is legit. Me and the GF were surprised at how good it was. The acting was great were hooked till the end. There's no big mystery being solved as such, but it's completely original.

Very worth it.

Hugare

Gonna vouch for Talk To Me also. As an Australian, for some reason I just can't stand Australian TV or Movies, but Talk To Me is legit. Me and the GF were surprised at how good it was. The acting was great were hooked till the end. There's no big mystery being solved as such, but it's completely original.

Very worth it.
It's really great

That child actor was amazing.

Loved the concept, not overly long (seems like every horror movie is +2h these days) and perfectly executed.

Best horror movie of the year, for me

Very worth it.
Missed this comment earlier. Glad you said something

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Agreed best horror movie I've seen in years. I can't think of anything better in the last 5 or 10 years off the top of my head.

I really, really liked the same director's previous movie "Aterrados"/"Terrified". Was a surprise at the time because like in WEL, it doesn't play by established genre rules. So there's a genuine sense of WTF is this going! Which is a key ingredient that you rarely see today, because so much of it is either a spin-on, or deconstruction of established genre tropes.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I really, really liked the same director's previous movie "Aterrados"/"Terrified". Was a surprise at the time because like in WEL, it doesn't play by established genre rules. So there's a genuine sense of WTF is this going! Which is a key ingredient that you rarely see today, because so much of it is either a spin-on, or deconstruction of established genre tropes.
I stumbled upon Terrified a few years ago. Love that one as well. When I found out When Evil Lurks was by the same guy I had to watch.

Top Bottom