• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend Me: Wireless/Wired Open Back Headphones

Tams

That's me. I used the original Fidelio X1's with the V-Moda mic. It was GREAT. Can't swap out the earpads though.

Been curious about the MDR's....
Very good and as I said, super comfy. The sound is still quite neutral, but not boring. Don't get me wrong, they aren't top end, but for most people they would be great. If you love bass though, then something else might be better.

The soundstage is good for closed back headphones (so decent) and sound leakage is low.

My earpads had the layering disintegrate eventually (fixable), but also the headband layer (PU leather likely). But I was wearing them in hot weather and am a very sweaty boi.

Don't get the studio ones (7605) for clleisure though, especially if you want to use a Vmoda boom mic.

Mistake

Any good suggestions for Bluetooth headphones with a neckband? So far I have tried FIIL, which has really good noise cancelling, and Anker, which says it has ANC, but isn’t nearly as good.

The problem I am currently having is I think the profiles are too old, because it sounds terrible for calls on everything except wechat. Similar to this issue here. Why wechat doesn’t initialize the other mode, I have no idea, but it’s 100% better. I figure I should look around with black friday coming. I prefer the neckband just so I don’t misplace them while I work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom