• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

nismogrendel said:
How does this game run on PS3? I got 100% singleplayer completion on 360 was thinking of doing PS3 as well.

If you want my best advice, forget about it. It's vastly inferior.

Edit: I've owned both. The PS3 version just lacks the richness of the 360 version and in case you didn't know, runs at a lower resolution.

red731

inner-G said:
Lower res but runs fine - totally playable.

Well, I am having fun on PS3 and A LOTS OF IT

I saw the differences and cared just for some minutes, the game looks great even on PS3 EVEN thou it does look better on 360.

home home home...must..play....rdr

Z_Y

Surprised there isn't more outrage over the hardcore mode only being available to GOTY edition buyers. Way to screw over your most loyal fans, rockstar. I'd be satisfied if there was just an option to "buy" it from the marketplace. It is a bad precedent to set, imo.

Best moment in RDR for me was either lining up lassoed maidens on the train tracks and watching them explode when the train hit them or filling my room with them and stabbing them 1 by 1.

Good, clean fun.

DonMigs85

PS3 version is fine if it's your only console, but the 360 version is noticeably better - sharper, more foliage/cacti, and more stable framerate. However, even though they're at the same res RDR looks so much clearer than GTAIV on PS3.

Dead Man

Z_Y said:
Surprised there isn't more outrage over the hardcore mode only being available to GOTY edition buyers. Way to screw over your most loyal fans, rockstar. I'd be satisfied if there was just an option to "buy" it from the marketplace. It is a bad precedent to set, imo.
Yeah, it's pretty shitty.

POWERSPHERE said:
Best moment in RDR for me was either lining up lassoed maidens on the train tracks and watching them explode when the train hit them or filling my room with them and stabbing them 1 by 1.

Good, clean fun.
I'm guessing you let the
cannibal eat the victim
in the "American Appetites" mission.

todahawk

immortal-joe said:
1316618127920.jpg

*runs off to check to make sure itainteasybeingcheesy isn't on friends list*

Deku_Rain

Neo Member
I'd have liked it if they added a new game+ option. This game really needs it. Come on Rockstar, make me buy another copy. Or DLC at the least.

bengraven

Beat the game and loved it. Then sold the game in dire circumstances, so now I'm waiting somewhat impatiently for it to drop to $20 on XBL so I can download it.

Or a PC version of course. ;p

Marvie_3

Banned
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
When I was drunk and stoned, I rescued a woman. She thanked me kindly for saving her life and started to walk away. I then lassoed her and put her on my horse. We rode around together until I found a nice little secluded underground room in an abandoned town.

I lifted her off the horse and carried her down into the room, which was lit by a small oil lamp, it was nice. I then shot her in the legs while she was still tied up on the floor and she screamed. Wondering what else to do, I looked at the lamp remembering that they ignite when shot. I shot the lamp which exploded and set her on fire, her screams echoed in the room and when she was almost done I shot her in the head.

5/5 for this game lol. Most fucked up thing I have ever done in a game.
Holy shit. :lol

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
Z_Y said:
I'm really pissed about it. I'm hoping it is temporarily exclusive to the GOTY and they eventually release it as a patch.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
When I was drunk and stoned, I rescued a woman. She thanked me kindly for saving her life and started to walk away. I then lassoed her and put her on my horse. We rode around together until I found a nice little secluded underground room in an abandoned town.

I lifted her off the horse and carried her down into the room, which was lit by a small oil lamp, it was nice. I then shot her in the legs while she was still tied up on the floor and she screamed. Wondering what else to do, I looked at the lamp remembering that they ignite when shot. I shot the lamp which exploded and set her on fire, her screams echoed in the room and when she was almost done I shot her in the head.

5/5 for this game lol. Most fucked up thing I have ever done in a game.
That's really messed up.

ItAintEasyBeinAFuckinSociopath

Hey, it's in the game right? Who're the real sickos then?

BWro8.jpg

The game really is something special. Can't wait to play it again when things dry up for me in January.

red731

happy-crying-face-tumblr-meme.png

My instantly favourite game.

If anyone watching me play would ever ask me to skip a scene, I will punch them in a face.

edit: So you shoot there to cut the rope off hanged people! AHA!
*sad panda
Sorry Mr., your wife was killed...
I promise I will be faster next time, now, that I know where to shoot.

Tizoc

deim0s said:
I don't think so. Can anyone confirm?

Wait, you already have the GOTY, which has everything on it. You don't have to d/l anything for it.
Oh cool, heh I only DLed those DLC cuz they were free.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Fine Ham Abounds said:
ItAintEasyBeinAFuckinSociopath

Hey, it's in the game right? Who're the real sickos then?

BWro8.jpg

The game really is something special. Can't wait to play it again when things dry up for me in January.

Meh, it was in Undead Nightmare. I was saving her from a worse fate...... probably....... maybe.

I was thinking of making a thread asking others what messed up shit they have done in games but CBF.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sup folks im thinking on buying Red Dead Redemtpion GOTY Edition for PS3, any impressions on the performance? Thanks!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Sup folks im thinking on buying Red Dead Redemtpion GOTY Edition for PS3, any impressions on the performance? Thanks!

I played RDR on PS3 and enjoyed the game immensely. It is better on 360, and would be best on PC.

But the PS3 version isn't broken or anything.

And it's one of the best games ever, so... there's that.

Tomodachi

Yeah, as Evolved1 said it would be best on 360. I played the PS3 version tho and it's great, it only would bother someone who previously played/saw the 360 version.

todahawk

I had some odd problems with my original Red Dead Redemption once I upgraded to 1.06, IIRC. It would freeze up shortly after trying to move and had game breaking clipping errors (you'd be riding your horse and sink up to your chest and it would happen everywhere).

I had all the DLC and after some research (see my back posts in this thread) tried complete uninstalls, rebuilding the file system and other obscure shit to no avail. Some have gotten it to work, others like me couldn't.

Broke down and bought the GOTY during a xmas sale and it's been perfect ever since.

Anyone up for some co-op or online play? I'd even for some help with putting down free roam griefers.

Gazzawa

Anyone up for some co-op or online play? I'd even for some help with putting down free roam griefers.

It would be worth your while to like rockstar on facebook. they always announce triple xp weekends on that.
Don't really play this too much anymore sorry :(
Still a great game tho. Best of 2010

todahawk

It would be worth your while to like rockstar on facebook. they always announce triple xp weekends on that.
Don't really play this too much anymore sorry :(
Still a great game tho. Best of 2010

thx. yeah, i played a bit this weekend during the triple xp event. went from level 23 to 33.
playing got me hooked again but co-op with randoms is hit or miss.

Gazzawa

thx. yeah, i played a bit this weekend during the triple xp event. went from level 23 to 33.
playing got me hooked again but co-op with randoms is hit or miss.

I was there during one patch which allowed 15player coop. We did one mission in 1 minute 5 seconds lol. Good times. U on XBL or PSN?

todahawk

I was there during one patch which allowed 15player coop. We did one mission in 1 minute 5 seconds lol. Good times. U on XBL or PSN?

PSN... and this is prolly my 3rd multiplayer character. lost one with my Fat PS3 and another for some reason i can't remember.

Guys, this is my first post on GAF, so please, be nice ;-)

Last year I bought the disc version of RDR + the disc version of UN, and finished both games. A couple days ago I noticed that i don't have the tomahawk mastery challenges anymore! I was at Rank 3 but now is gone! How will I gain the trophy Axe Master?

PS3 version, by the way.

Dead Man

Guys, this is my first post on GAF, so please, be nice ;-)

Last year I bought the disc version of RDR + the disc version of UN, and finished both games. A couple days ago I noticed that i don't have the tomahawk mastery challenges anymore! I was at Rank 3 but now is gone! How will I gain the trophy Axe Master?

PS3 version, by the way.

No clue sorry, seems a bit weird.

Did a little research, it's the 1.07 update.

"UN standalone disc glitch FIXED

What you basically need to do is to get rid of the 1.07 update which sits in a big 3gb file:
1. Delete existing game data (no need to delete saves or 1.02 update)
2. Install RDR data if you want but do not update to 1.07
3. Install UN data
4. Launch the game from UN disc (update if you wish to)
5. Load the game. Doesn’t matter if it’s auto-save or your manual save, the journal will be automatically updated by the two new challenges
6. The game should save automatically as soon as you will be in the game (if auto-save ON) because two challenges has been added to your journal.
7. If you haven't update UN on installation, you can now safely update it to 1.02. For RDR do not update to 1.07, this will delete Tomahawk and Rifle the challenges from the journal on UN disc.
8. Get the trophies first, then update to 1.07 if you have to. I play MP from UN disk and it doesn’t ask me to update the game to 1.07"

Thanks to Sick Martin, from PS3Trophies.org

Montresor

I love how Rockstar invariably has one giant release every May. GTA4 (absolutely loved it), then Red Dead (absolutely loved it), then LA Noire (I got 1400/1400 on it somehow... I got caught up in the hype train big time. When I reflect on this game I realize while it had redeeming qualities, it was mediocre).

And we're getting Max Payne 3 in a couple of months and GTA V next year. I can't wait! This gen has been friggin awesome.

Hey You

I love how Rockstar invariably has one giant release every May. GTA4 (absolutely loved it), then Red Dead (absolutely loved it), then LA Noire (I got 1400/1400 on it somehow... I got caught up in the hype train big time. When I reflect on this game I realize while it had redeeming qualities, it was mediocre).

And we're getting Max Payne 3 in a couple of months and GTA V next year. I can't wait! This gen has been friggin awesome.

Would be awesome if we got two Rockstar releases every year. I really hope GTA V makes it out this year, I don't see why they would announce/release a trailer for it over a year before release.

Hey You

Rockstar's truly a awesome company, I won one of the sweepstakes last month. It was for 2 custom painted RDR controllers. Just got them today:

rdrcontrollers.jpg

overview.jpg

rdrcontroller3.jpg

rdrcontroller2.jpg

• Two Custom Painted Controllers with the middle Guide button as a Rockstar logo
  • Two Custom painted Battery Packs
  • Two Play n Charge Cords
  • Two Chargeable battery packs

Sajjaja

I have this game on my PS3, is the multiplayer worth playing? I haven't touched it yet, nor have I finished the story (in Mexico).

Jhoan

^^^Congrats man; the controllers look pretty kick ass. Did you beat the devs in a game or something to win them?

I have this game on my PS3, is the multiplayer worth playing? I haven't touched it yet, nor have I finished the story (in Mexico).

I found the free roam to be pretty fun especially with some Gaffers in tow and the co-op is pretty good; I would highly recommend you play it with friends and/or Gaffers. Some good times are to be had with friends.

The multiplayer standard MP modes such as Team Death Match's goal is to get the best weapons, control them and win. Capture the Bag was pretty fun from what I played of it. Undead Overrun was fun until I got all the achievements and never touched it again. Multiplayer Liar's Dice and Poker are fantastic though (assuming you got the GOTY edition, you can play them all; there's a staggering amount of MP modes to play through)

It's been a while since I touched the MP though; none of the Gaffers that I have added stopped playing it about two months after it came out. I deleted GAF Read Not Dead too. I would love to tackle several MP achievements that I've been wanting get such as Posse Up and several PVP mode achievements.

Dave_6

Well I just put this in for the first time in over a year to play some free roam. I got a new slim 360 a few months ago and redownloaded everything and did the license transfer at the time. When I booted up RDR today it did a 6MB update and restarted like usual. Went to select MP and when I picked 'Normal' it went to the loading screen for a few seconds then just kicked me back to the dashboard. I tried it 5 more times and it did the same thing. WTH is going on with it? Any ideas?

FWIW single player works fine and all my save data is still there.

JB1981

I just started playing this game and all I can say is why did I wait so long? This has quickly shot up to one of my favorite games ever. I am at work and all I can think about is playing this game, haven't had that feeling in a long time. Probably cliche by now but this is maybe the most immersive game I've ever played. It gets all the little details just right. Hell, just galloping around on your horse feels better and more right than any game before it. The animation is sublime. The game world feels so rich and alive, so organic. The story is intriguing, the cast of characters all interesting and colorful. The voice acting fantastic, the writing top notch, the art direction unmatched. The score and sound effects god-tier. I am usually not a big fan of open-world games but this game has me wanting to go for new Bounties, saving strangers in the hills, reading the newspaper, searching for treasures etc.

I just saved a guy from being eaten by a cannibal. How awesome is it raiding a gang camp, putting a bullet in the guy's leg, hog tieing him and then bringing back to the police for a reward? I just went to the local theater and watched a reel about snake oil medicine salesman that was hilarious. Even reading the newspaper is fun. This game man. THIS GAME.

Hootie

I just started playing this game and all I can say is why did I wait so long? This has quickly shot up to one of my favorite games ever. I am at work and all I can think about is playing this game, haven't had that feeling in a long time. Probably cliche by now but this is maybe the most immersive game I've ever played. It gets all the little details just right. Hell, just galloping around on your horse feels better and more right than any game before it. The animation is sublime. The game world feels so rich and alive, so organic. The story is intriguing, the cast of characters all interesting and colorful. The voice acting fantastic, the writing top notch, the art direction unmatched. The score and sound effects god-tier. I am usually not a big fan of open-world games but this game has me wanting to go for new Bounties, saving strangers in the hills, reading the newspaper, searching for treasures etc.

I just saved a guy from being eaten by a cannibal. How awesome is it raiding a gang camp, putting a bullet in the guy's leg, hog tieing him and then bringing back to the police for a reward? I just went to the local theater and watched a reel about snake oil medicine salesman that was hilarious. Even reading the newspaper is fun. This game man. THIS GAME.

ONE OF US, ONE OF US, GOOBLE GOBBLE, GOOBLE GOBBLE

I had RDR on PS3 back when it came out. Made it to Mexico, quit playing (I found Mexico very boring) and sold it along with my PS3.

Now, I'm about to go pick up for the GOTY for 360 and delve back in. Pretty excited! Can't wait to see what this zombie expansion is all about.

Top Bottom