• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption Remake Could Be Releasing Early Next Year

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Yeah, bullshit. We've heard RDRemake rumours for a long time and I highly doubt R* has any interest now that the second is a thing.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
200.gif

Game still looks good. Backwards compability should be even better, so nah for a remake. Maybe a remaster thou

Last edited:

azz0r

Banned
Rockstar India sounds fishy, although if you look at wiki they were established in 2016, worked on RDR2 only (obviously) and employ 500 people.
Unfortunately most the dev industry is going this way. I will say that offshore development has got better over the past 5 years though. (I'm a dev)

SleepDoctor

Banned
They're gonna have to lean hard on remasters with the housers gone. I don't think anyone else there is going to be able to write a better story than them.

Stuart360

Slightly off topic but anyone else surprised they havent tried to remake GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas yet?. With how popular they are, i can only imagine how much they would sell if they updated them with GTAV or better graphics.

Remake San Andreas you imbeciles, RDR still holds well

Remaking 3, Vice City and San Andreas in the modern GTA engine would be so good. I have the trilogy on my PS4 but the old control scheme is just terrible in my opinion. It was fine back in the day but it just feels terrible going back now for me.

Imagine a Manhunt remake with life-like visuals :messenger_grinning_squinting:

TLOU 2 is damn close. Manhunt remake with the graphics and animations of TLOU2/RDR2 would be so good.

Tschumi

I'm just thinking:

How good is RDR going to look coming after RDR2? I mean, i had RDR on my PS3 10 ish years ago, and it was both beautiful and epic to me at the time, but I'm worried it hasn't aged so well, graphically, tonally... RDR2 is a real tour de force in so many ways.. would saying RDR2 is to RDR as GTA 5 is to GTA 4? Maybe not~ anyway what I'm getting at here is I'm not sure RDR would really be a worthwhile, eye opening remaster.. might kind of be like the Halo:CE remaster~

YCoCg

Slightly off topic but anyone else surprised they havent tried to remake GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas yet?. With how popular they are, i can only imagine how much they would sell if they updated them with GTAV or better graphics.
Rockstar Games have no Legacy Support, they did release a "Remastered" version of San Andreas on the Xbox 360 and PS3 but it was just an emulated port of the Android version.

Top Bottom