• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption Remaster is "Real" and May Release "Imminently", Says Leaker

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I’d rather it be a remaster for those saying they wanted a remake…they would have incorporated that BS hunger system and all that, and would have effectively ruined what made the first one so special.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Not really feeling this rumor.. But if it's true, what's the point of a remaster of this game anyway. Genuinely interested in thoughts.

I mean, on PC it looks great already. Are we talking about gameplay remastering. Would be nice if the mission mechanics were overhauled completely.

Roufianos

The irony is that the biggest clout chase in the gaming space is probably his old backstabbing friend Greg Miller.
That dude is an insufferable piece of shit. No more of an audience than the average YouTuber yet constantly given access and asked to host things as he's such an industry shill.

If you have a One X or Series X, you may be better off just playing the old one at 4K than risking another GTA3 botch job.
But what about the fun of this?
f392ef68c3ee6308eef779c3451cd9f1.gif

Freeman76

I mean Rockstar would be dumb not too, they literally recreated the entire map in RDR2. All I hope that for the love of God they retain the gameplay of the original not the 20 second skinning bullshit

Plus you get the original gameplay that respected your time as a player.

The slow and methodical approach in the second one made it so much better as far as I'm concerned. I'd love a remake of 1 with the same slow burn that 2 had, it made it so relaxing. No way is this a remake though, can guarantee this will be the gaming equivalent of a rare steak, chop the horns off, wipe its arse and serve it.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Like everyone else I’m excited at the idea but I need more info and details:

Is this a remake or remaster?

Let’s search our memory banks - has Rockstar ever released a “remaster” that was anything but a cynical, low effort cash-grab? Core Rockstar is a very talented team but we know their “remasters” are outsourced to these awful little studios who usually don’t do these “remasters” justice.

So yes I remain deeply skeptical

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
I hope so, would love a remake but if its jist a remaster we will have to make do. Lets hope this also means the GTA4 remake/remaster is still coming aswell.

Pejo

Best case scenario, this is a 1:1 remaster with RDR2 assets and fidelity. Worst case is that they ship the remaster off to someone similar to the team that did the GTA remaster and it sucks ass.

Also they better renew the license on this song:

amigastar

Best case scenario, this is a 1:1 remaster with RDR2 assets and fidelity. Worst case is that they ship the remaster off to someone similar to the team that did the GTA remaster and it sucks ass.

Also they better renew the license on this song:

They did the same with Max Payne 3 when you are at the airport

Like everyone else I’m excited at the idea but I need more info and details:

Is this a remake or remaster?

Let’s search our memory banks - has Rockstar ever released a “remaster” that was anything but a cynical, low effort cash-grab? Core Rockstar is a very talented team but we know their “remasters” are outsourced to these awful little studios who usually don’t do these “remasters” justice.

So yes I remain deeply skeptical
From the rating description, it appears to be a remake.

There is mention of body dismemberment which was introduced in RDR2

Puscifer

Is it going to have the Euphoria ragdoll physics or the scripted RDR2 version? Since I haven't played the first one yet I'd prefer a remaster instead of remake to experience that system.

So I googled it and found this interesting and informative post on Reddit:

Holy shit is that usable? I *MIGHT* give the PC version a try.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Meh. Would prefer gta 4 but even if they did it there is no way they would bring back all deleted music too.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
So a ground up remake of the 1st game based of the assets of RDR2? I'd be keen.

I never completed the 1st game but loved the 2nd.
The first still looks good, but the problem is the later half kinda sucks. I was hyped back in the day and didn't really noticed, but after finishing 2 I got back to the first, and yeah... Things need to be better

Stafford

Unless it's way more than what we have on Xbox One X and Series X now, I won't get too excited. We basically have the remaster already. We need some details.

If this is true, that is.

Freeman76

Since they practically made the map again in 2 my dream is a total remake.

However

Rockstar dont play like dat. This will probably be 4k 60 and throw it out there

Top Bottom