• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption Remaster is "Real" and May Release "Imminently", Says Leaker

Draugoth

Gold Member
rumor-ganha-forca-trofeus-de-red-dead-redemption-no-social-club-foram-atualizados-092525.jpg

A reputable source claims the rumored Red Dead Redemption remaster is real and it may be coming very, very soon, with an announcement likely in August.

Former IGN editor and ex-Kinda Funny co-host Colin Moriarty revealed on an episode of his Sacred Symbols podcast (which is currently only available on Last Stand Media's Patreon) that he has seen proof that this remaster/remake exists.

Last year there were rumors that Rockstar had canceled the remaster of Red Dead Redemption. However, Colin Moriarty claims this is untrue, the company just would have given the game more time to work on.

I can say I have seen confirmation that this is real. I don't think you need this confirmation, but I had someone reach out to me behind the scenes that showed me something that definitively shows this game is coming. Maybe even imminently with an announcement maybe in like August. So, not a huge surprise, you don't need to tell you that South Korean ratings board doesn't just rate things. They rate things that are submitted to them.

Love the game but it's very much a one and done kind of experience for me. Don't see myself going back to it unless it's a free upgrade for the PS4 and XB1 versions to current gen.

EDIT: Whoops, misread, thought it was for RDR2

Last edited:

Puscifer

So a ground up remake of the 1st game based of the assets of RDR2? I'd be keen.

I never completed the 1st game but loved the 2nd.
I mean Rockstar would be dumb not too, they literally recreated the entire map in RDR2. All I hope that for the love of God they retain the gameplay of the original not the 20 second skinning bullshit

If you have a One X or Series X, you may be better off just playing the old one at 4K than risking another GTA3 botch job.

Plus you get the original gameplay that respected your time as a player.

Last edited:

AmuroChan

It was rated in Korea few days ago, of course it's real. We don't need internet clout chasers to confirm this

What clout is he chasing exactly? He literally said on his podcast that we don't really need this confirmation. He's just going over the news because he does a PlayStation podcast. He didn't post this all over social media to get likes and clicks. The episode is behind a paywall.

I mean Rockstar would be dumb not too, they literally recreated the entire map in RDR2. All I hope that for the love of God they retain the gameplay of the original not the 20 second skinning bullshit...
what? next thing you know, you'll want them also not including the 20 second pulling the drawer open bullshit...

MiguelItUp

I wonder how much the remaster would do, I hope it's a fairly in-depth one, and I hope it's done right. I absolutely adored RDR and RDR2.

Sleepwalker

If you have a One X or Series X, you may be better off just playing the old one at 4K than risking another GTA3 botch job.
I have a reprint disc and it looks good at 4k but the 30fps oof man idk, id trade a few things for 60.

Best way atm is to emulate 360 on pc

Trilobit

Is it going to have the Euphoria ragdoll physics or the scripted RDR2 version? Since I haven't played the first one yet I'd prefer a remaster instead of remake to experience that system.

So I googled it and found this interesting and informative post on Reddit:

Travis-Walden: I wonder why R* scaled back the limb & spine reactions though
AnymYo: Because RDR2 is using an improved euphoria configuration file from GTA5.
The common way to implement Euphoria physics to games was that a dev from NaturalMotion went to the studio and implemented it. That was the way, NaturalMotion distributed the euphoria engine. They did it this way with Star Wars TFU 1 and 2, GTA4, MaxPayne 3 and also Red Dead Redemption. After Zynga bought NaturalMotion, they stopped the distribution of the euphoria engine. R* was allowed to use it anyway because it is a core part of the RAGE engine. Before the release of GTA5, a Rockstar Games employee gave an interview and said that they will further on wont take the focus on "features which costs more money and work time and players wont notice at the end". What he meant was a detailed configuration of the euphoria engine and the gore as well. These two things were badly missed in GTA5 when you compare it with GTA4.

The funny thing is that the engine is basicly the same. So far, nearly all euphoria parameters from RDR1 are working with GTA5 and RDR2. Rockstar forgot some files in the GTA5 and RDR1 archive with all default parameters to configure the engine. I did a mod called "Cineastic Euphoria Ragdoll Rework" for RDR2 where these parameter are used. Shooting reactions now has all that classic euphoria stuff back (balancing, seld prevention, wound grabbing and so on). For me as a non game dev, it really wasnt that hard to implement this stuff. Rockstar or a NaturalMotion dev has all the documentation and could have done this in not time.

So maybe the reason why they decided to not make the physics that great and authentic like they did in RDR1 has something to do with a licence issue (with natural motiuon and the terms of self usage of the engine).

Now that TakeTwo bought Zynga (Zynga owns NaturalMotion -> the inventors of the euphoria engine) the possible licence issue should be solved. At least now, Rockstar Games should have full access to the animation tech. Lets hope that GTA6 will have the old authentic standards from GTA4, RDR1 and MP3 related to ragdolls. The best case would be if R* would improve the existing ragdoll configurations of GTA5 and RDR2 and deliver it with a patch but this will remain as a dream.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Would love to go back to RDR, hopefully a PC or Switch port is in the works, but if Grove Street handles it then no thanks.

Reactions: Fuz

dcx4610

Rockstar doesn't exactly have the best reputation on remakes/remasters so hard to get excited. I hope it turns out good and has a Steam release though. RDR2 is lonely on there without the first.

Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
rumor-ganha-forca-trofeus-de-red-dead-redemption-no-social-club-foram-atualizados-092525.jpg

A reputable source claims the rumored Red Dead Redemption remaster is real and it may be coming very, very soon, with an announcement likely in August.

Former IGN editor and ex-Kinda Funny co-host Colin Moriarty revealed on an episode of his Sacred Symbols podcast (which is currently only available on Last Stand Media's Patreon) that he has seen proof that this remaster/remake exists.

Last year there were rumors that Rockstar had canceled the remaster of Red Dead Redemption. However, Colin Moriarty claims this is untrue, the company just would have given the game more time to work on.
I hope so. Rumors were it was killed.

Fredrik

How much are they improving?
If it’s like RDR2 then I’ll play it. But I tried the original through Xbox BC improvements and thought it felt really old, they need to update it properly.

Top Bottom