• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall: Crossplay confirmed between Xbox + PC Game Pass + Steam + Epic Game Store

feynoob

Wait what?
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Upcoming Xbox games are on epic games? Or is that a typo?

And what if you don't have game pass, do you still get cross play on pc xbox? of course you do, calling the pc store "game pass" is so fucking stupid and I can't believe one of xbox's own studios is marketing it like this.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
And what if you don't have game pass, do you still get cross play on pc xbox? of course you do, calling the pc store "game pass" is so fucking stupid and I can't believe one of xbox's own studios is marketing it like this.

nobody is using their awful store/launcher if it's not for gamepass.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
The person who asked the question was specifically asking about if they have the Gamepass version of the game can they play with people on the Steam version of the game.

The answer itself was verbatim:
You can definitely play with your friends wherever they are.

Does their cloud streaming allow online play? I started streaming Halo Infinite and it said I was offline. Didn't wanna delete a game to fit the download.

DaGwaphics

Please, please have the option to opt-out of cross-play with PC on console.

Cat Please GIF by Atinum

Who am I kidding though, I'll just be playing the single player. LOL

DaGwaphics

Does their cloud streaming allow online play? I started streaming Halo Infinite and it said I was offline. Didn't wanna delete a game to fit the download.

Sure. You can play online while streaming. In some games it works well, in others you are going to be very disadvantaged in comparison to local players.

Sure. You can play online while streaming. In some games it works well, in others you are going to be very disadvantaged in comparison to local players.
I don't get why Halo had me as offline. I was streaming it. Clearly had internet. haha. I didn't look into it though, just started the campaign.

The person who asked the question was specifically asking about if they have the Gamepass version of the game can they play with people on the Steam version of the game.
I'm not talking about the graphic, I'm talking about the twitter post:
Crossplay confirmed between Xbox + PC Game Pass + Steam + Epic Game Store.

It's idiotic.

DaGwaphics

Why would you want to opt out of coop with PC players?

You know that they will be cheating away eventually. The anti-cheat on PC only works so well.

Though this is more of a co-op thing vs. the computer I guess, so, maybe not relevant with this one.

@ R Reizo Ryuu they are just keeping it 100, probably only of handful of users not using GP that will be playing from that store.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

I'm not talking about the graphic, I'm talking about the twitter post:
Crossplay confirmed between Xbox + PC Game Pass + Steam + Epic Game Store.

It's idiotic.
Why not just read the QA?
The social media manager typed PC Gamepass and forgot the comma or plus sign i guess.
Seems like a weird thing to be fussed about.
You know that they will be cheating away eventually. The anti-cheat on PC only works so well.
The game doesnt have matchmaking.....so just tell your friends not to cheat.

DaGwaphics

Why not just read the QA?
The social media manager typed PC Gamepass and forgot the comma or plus sign i guess.
Seems like a weird thing to be fussed about.

The game doesnt have matchmaking.....so just tell your friends not to cheat.

Ok. I didn't know if they had more traditional multiplayer modes to choose from besides the campaign.

No they didn't, because "gamepass" is not a different version of the game, an extra comma for separation would be even more weird, it's just a subscription, there's absolutely zero reason to mention game pass at all in relation to cross play.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

No they didn't, because "gamepass" is not a different version of the game, an extra comma for separation would be even more weird, it's just a subscription, there's absolutely zero reason to mention game pass at all in relation to cross play.
Read the Q&A and stop bitching about a frikken sentence.

Top Bottom