• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember the discussion about "asian people cannot see 3D"?

Buggy Loop

Scarlet Johansson can be so hot at times and then certain angles, like this one, she looks like a boy only pedophile with down syndrome.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Scotty W

Gold Member
Japanese people seem to have limited spatial awareness. Anyone who shares a sidewalk with them will have many wtf moments.

That is....an odd take, considering that JRPGs were derived from much more complex western rpgs like D&D, Wizardry, Ultima etc. The reality is those games landed on platforms that were largely considered toys at the time in the west, and thusly were being sold to children.

This thread is some weird Racist Mandella Effect shit, lmao.
It is probably one of those takes that was actually started by a bunch of hyper weebs that want to prove how dumb and pathetic us gaijin are compared to the superior Japanese people, and they based it on extrapolating the fact that there are a bunch of notable older games where the difficulty is easier in the western releases. Of course, this take completely ignores all of the instances where the Japanese version of the game is actually easier, and also ignores controlling for various cultural differences such as renting, borrowing, and buying used games.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
That is....an odd take, considering that JRPGs were derived from much more complex western rpgs like D&D, Wizardry, Ultima etc. The reality is those games landed on platforms that were largely considered toys at the time in the west, and thusly were being sold to children.

This thread is some weird Racist Mandella Effect shit, lmao.

Just pointing out what I remember being the case as a kid. Not that it was true or that I agree with it.

Top Bottom