• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remnant 2 | Review Thread

SCB3

Playing through the first game now and enjoying it a lot, so if this expands on the good stuff there I will love it

Luipadre

Sadly performance is really bad so im waiting for more pc and console impressions and decide my purchase later

I’m confused at when this unlocks for ps5. When I go to the store it has a countdown which stops at 8pm UK time but websites are saying 12:00am UK time.

tommycronin

Is pre-load available for everybody? I was checking the game out on the xbox app and it asked me if I wanted to download it to my xbox and now the whole game is downloading. I haven't pre ordered or put any money down for it at all.

Is pre-load available for everybody? I was checking the game out on the xbox app and it asked me if I wanted to download it to my xbox and now the whole game is downloading. I haven't pre ordered or put any money down for it at all.
You can preload from the app, you won’t be able to launch the game unless you buy it though.

hlm666

I hope they dial back the rng a bit, it took me a very long time to get a coin I needed for a gun. I think it was that, been a while but I remember rerolling levels for ages trying to get a coin and a gun just can't remember if they were connected. Just went back and finished the dlc and all set for part 2.

GymWolf

I hope they dial back the rng a bit, it took me a very long time to get a coin I needed for a gun. I think it was that, been a while but I remember rerolling levels for ages trying to get a coin and a gun just can't remember if they were connected. Just went back and finished the dlc and all set for part 2.
I have bad news for you, this one is even more rng based...

Like you need play 3-4 full campaign to see everything.

Adventure mode is there to reroll a particular world to find stuff you missed, or just try to enter in other people games.

R6Rider

Gold Member
armoured cook 6.
Gordon Ramsay Fox GIF by MasterChef Junior

VN1X

Banned
Bought and pre-loaded on PC!

Didn't really enjoy the first one all that much but this one looks to be what I was hoping the first game would have been lol. Seems like it'll be much better in singleplayer as well. I am excite. :)

Last edited:

GymWolf

Shit, it seems like the pc version is kinda of a mess, i heard different opinions about it, but they were trying the game without some patches...the streams i saw were perfect, so who knows...

Ps5 version seems pretty good tho.

Last edited:

GymWolf

from a dude who reviewed the pc version:

The PC version runs damned good.

Is this another pc game that runs differently in similar hardwares for obscure reasons? i'm usually lucky with this shit:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

R6Rider

Gold Member
What classes are you guys planning to go with?

I'll be picking base on whatever my friends are playing to have more variety.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
This isn’t cross play, right ? Got some buddies getting it on ps5 but I wanted to rock it on my pc on a 3080.

WX3

Preordered yesterday. Cannot wait until later today when I can finally dig in and get my ass kicked!

Belthazar

So... Do we know if this will have crossplay at launch? Because that's the one thing stopping from buying 2 copies or the game to play with the husband.

OH LORD SO MUCH HYPE!!! 3 MORE HOURS!!!:lollipop_thescream::lollipop_thescream::lollipop_thescream::lollipop_thescream::lollipop_thescream:

Too bad Im sick as hell tho... but yeah; My life peaked at Remnant 1's Flopping fall build. Ended up being my most effective method of combat and the most "memey"... Dear lord I won't start rambling.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Another dude who reviewed the game:

These are my PC Specs.

Nvidia 2080
I9900 @3.5ghz
32Gb Ram
850 EVO SSD

Not some terrible rig by any means, but nowhere near the best in the business right now.
I review games, a lot of them, and a lot of them on PC. I did Wild Hearts, Star Wars Jedi Survivor, and this.

This game performs FAR better than any of the other titles. Considering it didn't have drivers yet, no day 1 patch, and DLSS is bugged, I never had issues or problems, even in 3 player co-op sessions.
Most important, above all else, I DIDN'T HAVE A SINGLE INSTANCE OF SHADER STUTTER. NONE.

I didn't even have to think about the concept of shader stutter in my 40-plus hours. If you don't believe me, watch some videos or streams, and you can see it, the game doesn't perform terribly, and it's far from some of the poor-performing PC ports I've played this year.

It should launching now for Ultimate edition but something is messed up on EGS !!!

anybody got a clue?
Clog Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

EGS is still pretty bad when it comes to game launches. Not surprised they bungled early access as well. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for them to fix it for you guys.

Oh man... had to go Doggo... loving the improved motion on all fronts as far as the game goes.

I am solo... and I'm also under the impression the majority are gonna pick doggo anyways.

Last edited:

Kakax11

Banned
Clog Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

EGS is still pretty bad when it comes to game launches. Not surprised they bungled early access as well. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for them to fix it for you guys.

refunded it, now playing it on Steam

man DLSS 3 is needed for 4k ultra graphics above 60fps !!!

phant0m

I really wonder why do companies keep sending review keys to sites like these.
Why bother giving review copies to people that are so unprofessional?
Because they still want them to buy ad space? Probably?

Idk, if I was a publisher I wouldn’t give shit to Polygon, Kotaku or Wired. Probably a few more to add in there too. Not because they gave our game(s) bad scores, but rather it’s become extremely clear that they are no longer interested in video game criticism and instead have transitioned to agendaism (eg, how does this game cater or adhere to my sociopolitical views?)

Top Bottom