• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rented Outrun 2 for the weekend.

Speevy

Banned
Let me first say that I HATE racing games. But I thought this would be fun. It seems pretty cool so far. Any fans want to share what I should expect? Tips? It would be appreciated.

I'm no expert at the game, but I recommend that you try to get each goal in order of difficulty. Also, learn to master the powerdrifting, especially not letting it get out of control.

BTW, love the avatar. Any story behind it?

Ironclad

Once you get the drifting down, the game becomes pretty easy. Still, the game is gorgeous and it plays well. I haven't played it online yet so I can't comment on that.

To drift, all you need to do is tap the brakes before going into the turn and then steer hard in the direction of the turn. You car should be perpindicular to the road at this point. From there, you can make adjustments to your angle. The drifting is fun and a major part of the game.

Speevy

Banned
Little Nemo was my original avatar at TeamXbox. Since NES game backgrounds don't usually have but a few colors, you can easily take sprites from screenshots and add animated backgrounds behind them. I usually use IGN videos, but other NES games make for a cleaner look.

_Angelus_

Banned
Good luck on those endurance races my friend:). They'll last you about 10-15 minutes each and play like total bastards. Ofcourse if my memory is correct these are pretty much the last races in the game,so you've got quite a ways to go.

I only got through the 2nd one but heres what to expect-picture a shitload of traffic switching lanes infront of you while youre trying to hold onto first in the last stretches of the race while fending off one of your rivals that is so demanding that its like the return of that evil black car from the first Ridge Racer game,heh. The thing I have a problem with is theres some nasty rubberband a.i. that shows itself abit too much in these endurance races,you can race like a god but your rival will still make mraculous last atempts to come from nowhere to try and pass you. I loved this game alot but I had to leave the endurance races alone,they drove me crazy,should have been tweaked better in my opinion.

Online plays great to okish,depending on the amount of players involved. . Its quite fun but expect some good slowddown if you race with max. 8 players online. I haven'tplayed forabout 2 months though so maybe they released some sort of patch to fix this area I dunno. Still its one very fun and stylish game,with flaws ofcourse but still forgiveable because we really don't see Sega racers like this anymore.

Magical Sound Shower is also one of the best racing tunes of all time in my opinion. I've ripped the mp3s using a mike,theyre not the clearest but they more than do the job:)

Top Bottom