• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports of PS accounts randomly permabanned (Up: errors are being reverted and bans lifted)

Kilau

Gold Member
I Hope Please GIF

Holammer

I'm not opposed to bans, but if they do? I think they should be required to provide a detailed explanation with logs, date stamps & IP numbers as to why, one that would hold up in court.
They won't offer such a thing of course, because it would be used against them in court.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm not opposed to bans, but if they do? I think they should be required to provide a detailed explanation with logs, date stamps & IP numbers as to why, one that would hold up in court.
They won't offer such a thing of course, because it would be used against them in court.
They will provide these things if legally compelled to by the courts

source: I've had this happen to me before (on Xbox) and did exactly that.

spons

Gold Member
They track and know everything (you can request your info in the EU through GDPR), someone got a printout of all the homebrew apps they ran on their PS3. Whatever happened here, they can absolutely revert this if it was a mistake.

Unknown?

Usually I agree. But it's unusual for it to happen to so many people at the same time with many saying no reason.

At one point we have to start thinking perhaps there was some PSN glitch.
Didn't even get a freaking email saying I was banned, don't they normally at least send one?

Fake

Yup

I deleted ALL of my social media years ago. Maybe they didn't like my Christmas playlist on Spotify?

Do you interact with the Playstation blog or use the rating system of the Playstation Store? Or maybe this is Discord stuff?

Is hard to tell without knowing. They sure receive help of volunteers to ban folks.

Last edited:

Unknown?

Do you interact with the Playstation blog or use the rating system of the Playstation Store? Or maybe this is Discord stuff?

Is hard to tell without knowing. They sure receive help of voluntiers to ban folks.
No, no, and no. I don't use any of that and literally only play single player games. Haven't played online multiplayer in years.

Maybe because I signed in using a VPN a few times and use an alias email?

Last edited:
No, no, and no. I don't use any of that and literally only play single player games. Haven't played online multiplayer in years.

Maybe because I signed in using a VPN a few times and use an alias email?
By any chance have you also used the game share feature (console sharing & offline play) with someone outside of your household (or let's say city)?

Last edited:

Raonak

Banned
Pretty messed up if it is for no reason.

If not a bug, they might be just processed a large batch of pending violations at once.

StereoVsn

The whole “we banned you, but we won’t tell you why” is ridiculous. Also, at the least they should provide access to your purchases, just block online and further purchases in these sorts of scenarios.

Wonder if in EU you could file a lawsuit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom