• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports of PS accounts randomly permabanned (Up: errors are being reverted and bans lifted)

SHA

Lets see how you would react if you get your account with thousands of dollars of purchases get banned without any information.
It's a Sony Playstation thing, I've nothing personal but it's worth making a choice to purchase when it's worth it, that's the best security tip for spending money.

Use this as ammo to write your congressmen and senators. If we can get this to snowball in one state, we might get some fucking rights to our digital ownership. Use the discovery shows toom

I really hope that the EU Commission will strongly advocate for digital ownership rights in games, movies, and TV in the coming years as it's messed up to lose access to the content you've bought, even if it's only temporary.

They also need to address the downright lousy refund policy that's implemented on PSN, like providing customers with the industry standard 2-hour of playtime or 2-week window for refunds since the purchase was made.

I'm frustrated with the current state of the digital landscape within these walled gardens, and while I'm 95% physical nowadays on the platforms I currently engage the most with (Switch and PS5), things do need to change.

Last edited:
huh?

Online only game? I don't see how a ban can stop you from playing your offline downloaded games.
Tell me. How do you download offline? As soon as you download a game, you get a license on your profile. Ban = Bye bye license access and thus no access to offline content.

Krathoon

What they need to do is guarantee that you have the games for life.

I don't want to be elderly and have my games suddenly deleted.

MacReady13

Clearly shows what the future of all digital can look like. An "accident" and you lose every access to stuff you aid for! Welcome to the future of never owning a fucking thing you bust your ass to pay for. Fuck anyone who thinks this is the future we need.

Krathoon

It is getting like that. They want you to rent everything so they can make more money. They want you to have subscriptions.

I do advocate cracking old games to stop this.

Clearly shows what the future of all digital can look like. An "accident" and you lose every access to stuff you aid for! Welcome to the future of never owning a fucking thing you bust your ass to pay for. Fuck anyone who thinks this is the future we need.
It begs the question: why did this "accident" happen in the first place. And I sure as hell hope I don't see praise for Sony unbanning these accounts, because it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Wait until AI gets ahold of more processes. AI decides you don't need access to your games anymore and no humans are able to figure out why or how to reverse the change.

Perfect plot for Terminator 9.

Krathoon

Yeah. That is probably what will happen. Some AI routine will notice that you have not played a game that you own for a long time and it will delete it without notifying you.

They will demand that you play a game or it gets deleted.

Top Bottom