• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 1: Remake || First Look & Gameplay | Fan Game

The first person definitley looks more interesting. Indie projects usually show their budget when it comes to character models and animations, FPS can hide that a little more. The mansion looks stellar, especially the staircase portion. If the dev is reading this, add VR!!

Kataploom

Gold Member
The HD version of REmake has non-tank controls as an option :

Sound & New Controls
  • High-Quality Sound - The audio has been remastered to increase the sampling rate, and of course 5.1ch output is also now supported.
  • New Controls
  • You can play using the original control scheme or an alternate control scheme that lets you just push the analog stick to move in the direction you want to go.
  • You can switch the control scheme during gameplay in real time.

I have it but as I never played any RE game before (apart from 4 like 15 years ago), it took me by surprise that saves are limited to ink and ditched it even tho I was enjoying it a lot... I want a REmake done in the same style as RE2 and RE3 remakes

Kataploom

Gold Member
The lack of a proper RE1 remake is what has slowed me down from playing both RE2 and 3 Remake, both of which I've purchased.
Same boat here... I mean, I get it, people like the classic game but for some of us that didn't grew up playing it, some outdated features are too much to bypass (saving system for me)

Same boat here... I mean, I get it, people like the classic game but for some of us that didn't grew up playing it, some outdated features are too much to bypass (saving system for me)

The saving system and the tank controls. I have no interest in playing it (AND I own it).

Will wait to buy RE4 until the price drops, because I still haven't started 3 and have barely played 2 (again own both).

The Yakuza games was smart to go in proper order and so I'll probably get to these quicker. At some point I'll break down and play 2, but it would have been nice to play it sequentially.

Kataploom

Gold Member
The saving system and the tank controls. I have no interest in playing it (AND I own it).

Will wait to buy RE4 until the price drops, because I still haven't started 3 and have barely played 2 (again own both).

The Yakuza games was smart to go in proper order and so I'll probably get to these quicker. At some point I'll break down and play 2, but it would have been nice to play it sequentially.
Well, tank controls are the reason I never played Silent Hill 3 and 4 despite really wanting to, but in this game they are optional, maybe you have the option enabled? I know because last time I tried playing REmake was like... 5 months ago maybe? Something like that...

Well, tank controls are the reason I never played Silent Hill 3 and 4 despite really wanting to, but in this game they are optional, maybe you have the option enabled? I know because last time I tried playing REmake was like... 5 months ago maybe? Something like that...
There is an option to disable the tank controls but the game isn’t designed properly to work with them off. As a result it’s still unplayable to me.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
So how do you think the fixed camera games would work best if not with tank controls (which are basically Doom controls minus stafing btw & just like RE4, though in SH you can strafe unlike RE), since you've tried the option where it's directional by the POV and didn't like that either (it is worse)?

Last edited:
Top Bottom