• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Remake |OT| Party like it's 1998

sertopico

Wow I just played the first part. This game is amazing, the atmosphere of the original is intact, and technically it's extremely well done. Also on the max difficulty is pretty challenging, if a zombie tastes you twice it's game over. Needless to say, I died because after shooting him in the head several times he did not die. Then he stood up again, I couldn't escape and I didn't have any more ammos. Can't wait to play it again later this day.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm only like an hour in or a little more and I'm liking it a lot so far. Very high production values and I'm so pleasantly surprised to find out it is 60fps. Nice HDR and audio so far as well.

Orta

Banned
My burning question is how intrusive is Mr X/Tyrant to the flow of the game? Is he popping up every five minutes? Can you explore at leisure without him ruining the moment?

Nickolaidas

My burning question is how intrusive is Mr X/Tyrant to the flow of the game? Is he popping up every five minutes? Can you explore at leisure without him ruining the moment?
If he's as intrusive as Jack Baker was, it'll be ok, more or less. I haven't read any reviewer labeling him as a con, and frankly, all worries come from people who haven't played the game. I'll definitely post my opinion on mr.x's intrusiveness as I play.

Nella

Holy moly this game is kicking my butt in Hardcore mode! Way more challenging than RE7 and TEW2 on hard mode.

Skyr

Holy moly this game is kicking my butt in Hardcore mode! Way more challenging than RE7 and TEW2 on hard mode.

Ye I feel the same way. The amount of ink you get to save is quite fair tho, always have plenty left.

Do enemies take less damage on easier difficulties tho? I feel like they are quite the bullet spnges on hardcore.
It's also very inconsistent how much shots you need to take an enemy out. Sometimes it takes three shots to pop a head and other times a whole magazine.

Skyr

Anyone who ordered on cdkeys.com and have not received their key yet? I'm still waiting.

Check your order history on the site. Sometimes I didn't receive an e-mail by them but the key was available in my order history.
If not I would for sure contact support.

Shifty

Having recently gotten to him, the motherfucker is relentless and intelligent. If he hears you from an adjacent room, he'll come a stompin'.

He appears to be persistent too. I've had to kite him away to the other side of the station in order to explore somewhere new, and even then the reprieve can be quite short. I'd say he has more freedom to move around the environment than Jack did.

Worse is when you're trying to sneak past a licker very very quietly only to hear the sound of jackboots getting louder behind you. It really puts the pressure on. Definitely not a mark against the game so far though!

FFS my heart dropped to my butt!!!
I feel like this game is managing to get me significantly more often than the original did. Had a couple of genuine panic moments last night with zombies hiding around corners in dark rooms.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I got to fire it up before bed. I am excited to play more.

IMG-5109.jpg

Happy Resident Evil 2 Remake day!

xviper

i haven't played the game yet but i know that the red color on the map indicates an area you need to explore, and a blue color indicates an explored area, is there a way to remove this option ? i want a colorless map
so does anyone know if this is possible ?

GenericUser

I just encountered
mister x
for the first time. I noped out as fuck. Holy shit, when you can hear his footsteps though the walls when he is hunting you, what a brainfuck. I am honestly afraid to continue lol.

It doesn't help that I started the game on hardcore mode, but I regret nothing.

Arozay

Beat Leon A on hardcore. The item management is probably the hardest part of it, through away some ink ribbons and then I was starving for them after.

Also struggled for ammo perpetually after Mr X showed up, but I did pretty much kill everything as I went. Barely scrapped through the last boss battle.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Deluxe Edition was totally worth it for the OG RE2 OST and sfx sounds.

Those RE2 OG menu sounds. :messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts:

It's in the audio settings, you did buy the deluxe version right?

Is there a physical copy of the deluxe edition I refuse to buy digital

I'm also keen to know if you get the OG OST in a physical edition anywhere? If not that sucks :-(

I was telling myself I need to get through some backlog of games and I will pick this up in a few months for a bit cheaper but the hype is killing me, looks so great.... may have to give in and buy it.

Mista

Banned
I feel like this game is managing to get me significantly more often than the original did. Had a couple of genuine panic moments last night with zombies hiding around corners in dark rooms.
I regret playing it with headsets on

dolabla

Yes, there is a physical deluxe edition. Mine are coming today.

I'm also keen to know if you get the OG OST in a physical edition anywhere? If not that sucks :-(

I was telling myself I need to get through some backlog of games and I will pick this up in a few months for a bit cheaper but the hype is killing me, looks so great.... may have to give in and buy it.

Yep, you also get the OG soundtrack and all the same other stuff with deluxe edition physical version.

This is based soly on Leon first playthrough. He shows up fairly late in the NPD part of the game, so you'll be exploring fine for a long time, however when he does he's pretty much always on your ass, or you'll at least be hearing his footsteps in rooms around you, and you can no longer explore at your leisure. Thankfully after NPD he's no longer a moving hazard, and just has a few scripted appearances. You can also find your way back to NPD for late game exploring if you did miss anything.

Last edited:

Mohonky

Yeop, it's the older style RE game, I hate running out of ammo, like wtf are you supposed to do when that happens...….

dolabla

You are US though? I don't think we got that version in the UK for some reason :-(

Yeah, I'm in the US.

Dang, I can not believe they did not release it there. I figured both versions would have been released globally. You could import maybe from the US Amazon. I assume it's not going to be on disc and will come with a download code so you will need a US acct. I'll check today when I get mine to make sure if it is or isn't on disc if you want me to.

kunonabi

Cant really play until Saturday but I booted it up tweak settings and stuff and the controls are even worse than I thought.

I had resigned myself to using r1 to run but the toggle setting is shit. It doesnt let you press the button again to go back to walking and as soon as you stop it resets on its own.

what a mess.

Last edited:

Darak

I'm having weird issues with the extra content (Xbox One version). It doesn't matter if I download it again and again, the game says it is not available on startup and asks me to download it again. Everything was working fine the first time I played, though.

The worst thing is that my only weapon is now gone from the save. Since I was using one of the special ones, I'm weaponless and can't proceed.

I guess I'd need to wait for a patch.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Just buy it off the store.
I got the steelbook edition off Amazon.co.uk and just got the Extra DLC pack off the store
Problem solved

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Yeah, I'm in the US.

Dang, I can not believe they did not release it there. I figured both versions would have been released globally. You could import maybe from the US Amazon. I assume it's not going to be on disc and will come with a download code so you will need a US acct. I'll check today when I get mine to make sure if it is or isn't on disc if you want me to.

That would be very kind of you if you could check thanks! If not I think I will have to get the Digital Deluxe version as I just love that RPD Main Hall music, SO GOOD!!!

EDIT:

Just buy it off the store.
I got the steelbook edition and just got the Extra DLC pack off the store
Problem solved

Ah didn't know you could buy it separately.... problem solved, thanks for confirming that!!!

Last edited:

dolabla

That would be very kind of you if you could check thanks! If not I think I will have to get the Digital Deluxe version as I just love that RPD Main Hall music, SO GOOD!!!

EDIT:

Ah didn't know you could buy it separately.... problem solved, thanks for confirming that!!!

Man, that soundtrack always gives me chills, lol. So happy they actually are allowing you to use the original.

Good to see that problem is now solved for you. That's still bs they didn't release a physical version with everything included.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Round here, you better be dead or dying to miss work.

I get 30 + days annual leave a year which equates to 6 + weeks, 1 or 2 days for some downtime playing games I don't think is too bad. It's not as if I am calling in sick to play games or anything like that.

GenericUser

Mister X makes the game 10 times harder. Hardcore was a walk in the park until I encountered him. What a bitch, shooting him seems like a waste of ammo. The only strategy I can think of, is running from save to save room as fast as possible. What an asshole!

You can shoot and "down" him sort of but it's fucking useless. He just knees down in his thinking pose and as soon as you leave the room you can already hear him walking again.

Top Bottom