• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Remake |OT| Party like it's 1998

MiguelItUp

Lol. Just tell her to grow up when she gets excited about a movie or pair of shoes. Hopefully you are exaggeratin' though. Nothing is good when your Fiance is angry that you are excited for something you enjoy.
Yeah, no kidding. If that's an exaggeration and a joke, then lol! If not, well, that's awful, and not okay at all. :messenger_neutral:

I cannot wait for this game. I'm so pumped! It feels SO good to be THIS excited about a new title, it's been awhile. I mean, I was excited about RDR2 and Smash. But, this is different because of my history with RE. :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Last edited:

Ellis

Lol. Just tell her to grow up when she gets excited about a movie or pair of shoes. Hopefully you are exaggeratin' though. Nothing is good when your Fiance is angry that you are excited for something you enjoy.
Good luck with that marriage
Yeah, no kidding. If that's an exaggeration and a joke, then lol! If not, well, that's awful, and not okay at all. :messenger_neutral:

Yeah, just a bit of harmless fun. She knows her place, and I know mine.

Everything is absolutely splendid.

HELP!

Last edited:

kunonabi

Can anybody give me a description of the mayor's daughter? I want to be prepared if they ruined her design too.

GrayChild

Ewwwww very nice! I have never looked into these personally. Worth a watch?

I haven't watched the last one (Vendetta) yet, but the first two are definitely worth it, especially for a hardcore RE fan. They're definitely not masterpieces, but IMO they're still much better than the live-action RE movies.

THAT'S SEXIST!!!

I wonder if i can unlock it early on steam using a vpn. Anyone knows?
I'll try it anyway.

TrainedRage

Banned
Hey y'all some nice bro want to tell me if the game will be available at 11?12? Or 1AM of I'm central time? I have it on steam bit want to play a bit tonight... If it's out before 2AM

Anyone know whe it's playable on steam central time zone us?

Nickolaidas

Hey y'all some nice bro want to tell me if the game will be available at 11?12? Or 1AM of I'm central time? I have it on steam bit want to play a bit tonight... If it's out before 2AM

Anyone know whe it's playable on steam central time zone us?

I think it will be playable the second it'll be midnight in your country? That's what happens with my games, at least.

Skyr

Started playing on one x. They sure borked HDR again. Blacks are rather grey with HDR on. When I switch it off it looks great.
That's really disappointing to have broken HDR again after RDR2.

I think it will be playable the second it'll be midnight in your country? That's what happens with my games, at least.

Well, in my country (Brazil) games are usually unlocked at midnight in some time zone in north america. Which is 2 am here.

Edit: Took a quick trip to the UK and Australia and steam says it'll be unlocked in (less than) 2 hours.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Ok, it's midnight for me, but I must go to sleep in order to wake up at 6 am and get ready for work. So I'll play at Friday afternoon when I come home from work.

Enjoy the game, everyone!

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Guys I set my VPN to the UK and it still shows 5 hours until unlock . Any way to unlock this shit :? T_T im dying

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
I'll be getting it tomorrow for PS4 (physical of course).

I replayed a bit of the first REmake recently just to get in the mood so i'm looking forward to start playing it tomorrow night. :)

Shifty

a9130fcc7e47c661f36ea54726a32bc0.png

553a98434aa21808310057d3.jpg

Edit: Annnd done. IT'S TIME!

Last edited:

mekes

Loving the game so far. I liked the intro and that the gas station was playable. But where’s my damn gun shop owner?! I guess I always thought it was a little suspect that you couldn’t arm yourself to the teeth, but I still missed that little section.

Aggelos

Tofu's Lines translated

https://stevivor.com/features/unpacked/tofus-japanese-lines-resident-evil-2-remake-translated/
  • 久しぶりやで !(hisashiburi yade!): Long time no see!
  • あー、しんどっ!(aa, shindo!): Ugh, this sucks! or Ugh, this is hard!
  • まいど!(always): No direct translation; it literally means “always” or “every time” but is used in the Kansai region to greet customers visiting restaurants or shops. Comes from the phrase maido arigato gozaimasu (thanks as always), among others.
  • あー、やめて!(aa, yamete!): Ugh, stop it!
  • やめろや!(yamero ya): Stop it! (This has a stronger nuance than yamete)
  • よいしょ (yoisho!): No direct translation; an onomatopoeia Japanese people say when lifting heavy objects or doing an arduous task. It is analogous to English speakers making an “ugh”-like sound when doing something strenuous.
  • 帰ってきたで!(haittekitade!): I’m back!
  • 何やねん!(nani yanen!): What the hell!
  • やっぱナイフやで!(yappa naifu yade!): Yup, this is a Knife!
  • やべ!(yabe!): Uh oh! or Oh shit!
  • ほないこか?(hona ikoka?): Alright, let’s go.

Even the voice of Tofu is the same person
Speaking with IGN Japan , Capcom recently made the confirmation. It’s pretty easy to have that cast member return for the remake, really — Tofu’s original voice actor, Katsutoshi Karatsuma, was a programmer on the original Resident Evil 2.

https://stevivor.com/news/voice-tofu-returns-resident-evil-2-remake/

dolabla

So Best Buy really just did this. They shipped the games and the steelbooks individually. Every single one of them. I literally just got 4 emails from UPS saying to expect packages tomorrow. A total of 4 packages will be arriving tomorrow. The frick was the shipping warehouse smoking? Lol

-MD-

I just pray there isnt some bullshit regarding the steam unlock, this should be waiting for me by the time work is over.

dan76

I'm about 3 hours in and the game hasn't dipped yet. Can it stay this good until the end? I've died 3 or 4 times on normal difficulty, so I'm now glad I didn't choose hard first time.

At a certain point tonight I realised that there was hardly any proper music. The soundtrack does a good job of reinforcing the atmosphere but it's completely different from the original. Has anyone swapped out the ost for the old one? I'm thinking of picking it up for when I do my second playthrough. Apparently it also swaps out the sound effects. Not sure about that.

Shifty

Two or so hours in and loving it so far. The level of gore sure keeps going strong after the content that was in the demo.
Just had my first glimpse of Mr. X, that journalist guy got fucked in a whole new way this time :messenger_grimmacing_

Though I do have to wonder whether the chestburster would have been even more graphic. Guess we'll see if that's been moved...

Last edited:

TitusTroy

so there are a total of 2 unique stories in this game?...lets say I start out as Claire...I get her full story and then in the 2nd run I get Leon...so Claire A and Leon B...and when I finish Leon B it unlocks Claire B?...so if I start out as Leon and get Claire as my 2nd run will that be exactly the same as starting as Claire?...are there 2 unique main stories or 4?

Manus

I'm so glad the OG music pack is so cheap. Totally using it on my first play through.

A little over a hour to go!

-MD-

so there are a total of 2 unique stories in this game?...lets say I start out as Claire...I get her full story and then in the 2nd run I get Leon...so Claire A and Leon B...and when I finish Leon B it unlocks Claire B?...so if I start out as Leon and get Claire as my 2nd run will that be exactly the same as starting as Claire?...are there 2 unique main stories or 4?

LUXURY

Okay this is going to sound so dumb, but how do you swap the music? It’s legit not in the audio settings.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

I cannot wait for this game. I'm so pumped! It feels SO good to be THIS excited about a new title, it's been awhile. I mean, I was excited about RDR2 and Smash. But, this is different because of my history with RE. :messenger_smiling_hearts:

This can suck. I have been in this type of situation before. It's as if you can't get excited about something around your partner without them taking it way too seriously. It's not makeup, beauty blogs, Facebook, and everything else they enjoy is making you mad.

To be honest it'll never really get better unless you show them that they're more important than said object. My wife does stuff and I play games. I'm excited about RE2 and she hates horror games. So she won't play it. Yet she'll talk to me about stuff that I don't like at all.

I have this advice: meet someone who enjoys games or at least understands your excitement.

Komatsu

Got it a couple of hours ago for the XB1X - waiting for it to finish downloading. In the meantime, I'll start playing it on the DC to remind me of how the original felt.

-MD-

so it doesn't matter if you start as Claire or Leon?...both stories will be the exact same?...only the 2nd story changes after finishing the first?

Seems that way yeah, only things like who you play as vs the true final boss depends on who you play first.

Play whoever you want in either order.

demigod

Thank you Best Buy for informing me that i can pick up my copy at now 11:10pm when the store closes at 10pm, fuckers.

Deluxe Edition was totally worth it for the OG RE2 OST and sfx sounds.

Those RE2 OG menu sounds. :messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts:

Okay this is going to sound so dumb, but how do you swap the music? It’s legit not in the audio settings.

It's in the audio settings, you did buy the deluxe version right?

xviper

i haven't played the game yet but i know that the red color on the map indicates an area you need to explore, and a blue color indicates an explored area, is there a way to remove this option ? i want a colorless map

Top Bottom