• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Reveal Trailer (April 3rd 2020)

Roni

Gold Member
Can we talk about how this game has some of the best 3D modelling job in the industry right now? I mean, look at Nikolai's face:

GkzcMoO.jpg

Photogrammetry is here to stay...

• Triggered
Reactions: RSB
I think some of you complain just to complain. You guys are way too nostalgic. Can't accept anything that's different. When tf has Jill ever looked as good as she does in this remake. The original? Lol you guys even talking about it not having fixed camera angles. Just go play the original, cause you clearly don't want a new game.

Last edited:

Arachnid

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Just got my collectors edition preordered. That Jill statue is going to look great next to my Leon one. Hopefully they start putting out a full collection of other characters.
I know it may sound ridiculous, but is it awful wanting an Resident Evil remake with the new engine? Cause I want it, lmao. 👀

Arachnid

I know it may sound ridiculous, but is it awful wanting an Resident Evil remake with the new engine? Cause I want it, lmao. 👀
Not ridiculous at all man. I LOVE REmake, but getting it in an over the shoulder style would be fantastic. They could even expand on Lisa and make her a slow roaming enemy. Could you imagine fighting Yawn in third person OTS? Or slowed movement water section with sharks? Or crimson heads? I would love every second if it.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Not ridiculous at all man. I LOVE REmake, but getting it in an over the shoulder style would be fantastic. They could even expand on Lisa and make her a slow roaming enemy. Could you imagine fighting Yawn in third person? Or slowed movement water section with sharks? Or crimson heads? I would love every second if it.
Omg YES! Yeah, I figured I wouldn't be alone in that wish, but you never know! Haha. I just love the engine so much, it looks SO good and is optimized SO well. Plus I'm a big fan of consistency, so I just think it'd be really cool to see the original trilogy get that look on that engine. Hell, then just rerelease 4 with the new engine and updates. 👀👀👀

SuperGooey

2 was so scary I had to buy the unlimited ammo cheat to beat it. Hope they have the same thing for 3
That's how I first played RE2 on the N64 back in the day.

Funny thing is, there is MORE than enough ammo to kill every enemy in the game in both the original and remake of RE2. The games do a good job of making you feel like you don't, though.

Mato

LOL... you guys do realise that Jills likeness here is CLEARLY inspired by Milla Jovovich, right ?

I mean, especially with THIS Image its not even vague… at first I really thought they mocapped Milla, reprising her role for this.
alqEpun.jpg
Not bad. Looks like Natalie Portman. But what's up with that thick, scaly skin on the shoulder?

Mato

Probably from the infection I believe this game is gonna focus more on that

Oh I see, I didn't know about this. To be honest I've never managed to play through the original. Last time I played it I dropped it after the train left off.

SuperGooey

Nice feet
My man!
Probably from the infection I believe this game is gonna focus more on that
Here's a theory... a GAME THEORY! Ready, boys and girls?

Jill will be suffering from some slight PDSD from the Mansion incident, alas her seeing herself turn into a zombie when she looks in the mirror. This will be very early in the game, before she is infected, as she doesn't have her upgraded gear that she gets from Carlos (the gloves and pouches). These PDSD flashes will only get worse after she gets infected, where she will dream about being chased by Nemesis in her apartment. She carries on, but there could be a cool little detail that any reflective surface in the environments show Jill in zombie form, to really play up that Umbrella has control of her.

That's why it'll be so badass when she takes out Nemesis. "You want STARS? I'll give ya STARS!" Blasting away Nemesis as she destroys her fear of Umbrella! From then on she continues the fight against bioterrorism as she joins the BSAA with Chris, tracks down Wesker, sacrifices herself, then suffers the worst fate of any other RE main character. Haha

SuperGooey

Lot of people on GAF seem to have issues with games that model characters off real women. Wonder why....
aghnwp01yek11.jpg
Enough of this bologna!

Some people are being obnoxious about nuJill not being "hot enough", sure, but are you telling me Julia Voth isn't a real person? Yes, she is insanely hot to the point where it makes me hate myself and the world around me, but that's not the point. She's not anime.

Besides, none of the characters in RE have ever been "real people." They're fucking Capcom characters! They are idealized tropes of beautiful people who end each game as a badass action heroes. This is even true in RE1!

I don't understand this obsession with being "realistic" in RE games. To me, when you have Capcom--a company known for having the best and most iconic character designs in the industry (or at least used to)-- the last fucking thing I want to see is "realistic" because that's fucking boring. Anime it up, baby! Capcom it up! RE should be realistic in the same way Evil Dead or Aliens is realistic, but with Capcom character designs. It's what makes it stand out from all these other boring looking horror games.

Ugh. Anyway, with all that said, I've never been a fan of Jill's tube top. Haha!

SuperGooey

That was confirmed to be a fake account by Where's Barry? and some people on ResetEra.

Basically, according to these online wizards, that model uploads from an iphone, and this was uploaded from an Android, among a few other things. *shrugs*

So anyone wanna stop soying over the drip of info we're gonna get and make an LTTP thread for the original in anticipation for this instead? 😘

Arachnid

She looks insanely average in every way IMO (looks and typical Tomb Raider gettup included). That said, idc. I'm not a Jill fan anyways (we'll, I'm a fan of everyone in the series, but Jill is close to or at the bottom as far as main characters go). Claire and Rebecca are the truth.

Enjay

Banned
Game is looking good. Hopefully that nice safe current year character redesign for jill will be one of the only negatives.

SuperGooey

Here are my thoughts on Jill's redesign that I posted in another forum:

I knew the tube top and shirt weren't gonna come back, but her new design is really uninspired--tank top and jeans. Claire's redesign? Tank top and jeans. Zoe's outfit? Tank top and jeans. Mia's outfit? Tank top and jeans.

Keep in mind that Jill Valentine in her STARS outfit and her RE3 outfit are two of the most iconic designs in gaming. If you are gonna replace one of those, more thought should be put into it than the google search results for "fanmade RE3 Jill redesigns". I don't think it's a terrible design, but I'd even take a blue t-shirt over another tank top. Haha!

In my opinion, I would have liked to see RE3make Jill to wear something similar to her RE5 BSAA outfit. That design is fire!

Could it be possible that they might show an extended version of the trailer, at the Game Awards?

I mean the game is out in a few months, and we have seen buck all gameplay. What other events are there between now and release where they could showcase the game? :pie_thinking::pie_thinking::pie_thinking:

Dargor

Well, I don't like her hair, nor the other dudes, specially the dude's, it looks like it was made for a fallout game. Jill's isn't that bad though, its just looks weird to me.

Last edited:

Arachnid

Here are my thoughts on Jill's redesign that I posted in another forum:

I knew the tube top and shirt weren't gonna come back, but her new design is really uninspired--tank top and jeans. Claire's redesign? Tank top and jeans. Zoe's outfit? Tank top and jeans. Mia's outfit? Tank top and jeans.

Keep in mind that Jill Valentine in her STARS outfit and her RE3 outfit are two of the most iconic designs in gaming. If you are gonna replace one of those, more thought should be put into it than the google search results for "fanmade RE3 Jill redesigns". I don't think it's a terrible design, but I'd even take a blue t-shirt over another tank top. Haha!

In my opinion, I would have liked to see RE3make Jill to wear something similar to her RE5 BSAA outfit. That design is fire!
HELL yes. I loved that design of Jill. The cap definitely worked on her.

Damn it, now I'm hoping for the the BSAA costume to be unlockable. The extra costumes in RE2 were lame IMO (Leon's sheriff outfit, the noir outfits, Claires military get up). These characters have too many top notch looks throughout the series to be getting lame joke outfits. We could have gotten Leons RE4 agent outfit (which is super simple design), or Claires GOAT Degeneration look. Hopefully they don't do the same with Jill. Just give me the Stars, BSAA, and OG Tube top looks. After that, I'm set.

Aggelos

I mean the game is out in a few months, and we have seen buck all gameplay. What other events are there between now and release where they could showcase the game? :pie_thinking::pie_thinking::pie_thinking:

First of all, this month.

Could it be that they might show an extended trailer at Jump Fiesta?.....

Top Bottom