• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Reveal Trailer (April 3rd 2020)

Nickolaidas

Apparently, the re2 upcoming dlc will be more than just a letter. A picture leaked which shows Jill with fan favorite, Kendo.

X9tLhAG.png

GymWolf

Gold Member
Lol on reeeee they are tearing a new one (and banning) whoever is saying that jill looks masculine, what a bunch of predictable cunts...

MiguelItUp

Yeah, I'm still trying to understand how she looks masculine. No, she doesn't look like some super model or whatever the hell. But she looks like a real and believable woman.

I got it when people talked about the female character faces looking bizarre in Injustice 1/2, and even a bit in a couple of the MKs.

But with this, I legit don't see a problem. I wanna ask am I crazy, but I see there are others feeling the same way, lmao.

Nickolaidas

Yeah, I'm still trying to understand how she looks masculine. No, she doesn't look like some super model or whatever the hell. But she looks like a real and believable woman.

I got it when people talked about the female character faces looking bizarre in Injustice 1/2, and even a bit in a couple of the MKs.

But with this, I legit don't see a problem. I wanna ask am I crazy, but I see there are others feeling the same way, lmao.

You're not crazy, man. I don't simply find Jill feminine in RE3make, I find her hot and sexy, without degrading herself and looking like a slut. She's perfect.

-MD-

What are you talking about? How does she look like a man.

Now, THIS, look like a "It's ma'am":
PYJWn8j.jpg

Holy shit, who approved that?

Edit:
KJlF1jJ.png

She looks perfectly fine elsewhere but that in-game model is tragic.

Last edited:

RSB

Banned
Time to replay RE3 for the PSOne guys!

23353253.jpg
Capcom should re-release the original trilogy on PC and current consoles, with the the option to play with the original graphics or with AI upscaled backgrounds.

Resident Evil Classic Trilogy Remastered. Do it Capcom.

Arachnid

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Depends on the picture and angle.
Yeah, I can certainly see that in some images I suppose she looks more attractive/feminine than in others. I remember someone saying they felt like the same thing happened with Claire's model in RE2 Remake. I just don't see the male connection, but, I dunno.

SuperGooey

Sorry to bring up ResetEra, but I was reading the "What's your opinion on RE3 Jill's design?" thread over there. Wow. Apparently, her shoulder pads in RE1 are sexist... that place is seriously fucked up sometimes. Haha

Anyway, I'm holding out some hope that Capcom will make some kind of Resident Evil announcement at the VGAs. I know Geoff Kneighley said RE3 wouldn't be there, but I don't think he'd admit if leaks were real before the show. We'll see in a few hours, I suppose.

Last edited:
I'm hyped as fuck. Love Resident Evil 3. Though I don't know if it will be as good as RE2 Remake due to the development being helmed by a new Studio.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Quick Question
This is made by the RE2 Remake team right and the Online Resistance is another developer?

Arachnid

Quick Question
This is made by the RE2 Remake team right and the Online Resistance is another developer?
It's a new and separate studio that worked on it alongside RE2. The RE2 dev team also switched over to it after RE2 finished. The multiplayer was also outsourced to a different company.

azz0r

Banned
It's a new and separate studio that worked on it alongside RE2. The RE2 dev team also switched over to it after RE2 finished. The multiplayer was also outsourced to a different company.
Trust me you can tell its a bunch of script tweaks running in the RE2 engine. Some questionable tweaks to walking backwards though.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Still internal though?

kunonabi

There's no way in the hell they won't. RE3 doesn't have multiple campaigns like 2 does, so choices are a given.

Considering how half asked that stuff was in REmake 2 who knows. They might opt to just give Carlos a bigger scenario and call it a day. Especially with Resistance being part of the package.

I hope it makes it in as the one of the best parts of the original was comparing how your playthrough went with other people. I remember meeting back at school and trying to talk about the game with a friend of mine and our games had played out in entirely different ways.

Arachnid

Still internal though?
Internal as in Capcom? Yes, except for the multiplayer.

Fun fact! The new team almost had Mikami (OG RE creator) at the head, but he turned it down to stay at Tango (which I'm happy about; I need Evil Within 3). The new devs even named the team after him and the other head in preparation (M-Two).

Trust me you can tell its a bunch of script tweaks running in the RE2 engine. Some questionable tweaks to walking backwards though.
I don't think it's that simple, but I'm sure there are tons of reused assets, just like the original RE3

azz0r

Banned
Internal as in Capcom? Yes, except for the multiplayer.

Fun fact! The new team almost had Mikami (OG RE creator) at the head, but he turned it down to stay at Tango (which I'm happy about; I need Evil Within 3). The new devs even named the team after him and the other head in preparation (M-Two).

I don't think it's that simple, but I'm sure there are tons of reused assets, just like the original RE3
Ah I don't mean for the RE3 portion, the multiplayer part.

Zambatoh

I don't know if this has been posted here or not, but Capcom recently released an updated "RPD demo" for RE2.
While there are a few changes from the "1-shot" demo released previously, the most noteworthy change is a vocal cameo from everyone's favorite tentacle bro.

Sadly this Easter Egg was not added to the final game.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

I'm playing RE2make on PS4, and they updated the titlescreen to have an ad for Resident Evil 3. If you put the cursor on it, it plays a remix of track "Feel the Tension."

I'm glad, from what's been teased, Capcom isn't throwing away RE3's soundtrack like they did with RE2make.

I don't know if this has been posted here or not, but Capcom recently released an updated "RPD demo" for RE2.
While there are a few changes from the "1-shot" demo released previously, the most noteworthy change is a vocal cameo from everyone's favorite tentacle bro.

Sadly this Easter Egg was not added to the final game.

Posted only a few posts above you.

And it wouldn't make sense for Nemesis to be near the RPD at this point in the timeline, he's on the other side of town while RE2 is going on.

Last edited:
Reactions: RSB

Zambatoh

If memory serves, Nemesis should be at the Clock Tower by this point in the game. Chances are the Chopper that crashes into the RPD might be the same Chopper that Nemesis shot down.

SuperGooey

If memory serves, Nemesis should be at the Clock Tower by this point in the game. Chances are the Chopper that crashes into the RPD might be the same Chopper that Nemesis shot down.
It can't be. The clock tower is on the other side of town from the RPD, and Nemesis shoots down that helicopter a day before RE2 takes place.

Zambatoh

It can't be. The clock tower is on the other side of town from the RPD, and Nemesis shoots down that helicopter a day before RE2 takes place.
It's not unusual for Capcom to play fast-and-loose with their own continuity.
Originally the chopper was shot down by Eliot. But this is not the case in REmake2.
That chopper had to come from somewhere.
So if they don't explain where it came from in REmake3, then it will forever be a mystery.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

Originally the chopper was shot down by Eliot. But this is not the case in REmake2.
So if they don't explain where it came from in REmake3, then it will forever be a mystery.
RE2make's entire story is a mystery because there is no actual canon to it. It was rushed and poorly handled compared to classic RE2.

With that said, I don't understand why the helicopter in RE2make needs to be explained. The pilots were probably just infected. Who cares? I don't understand why they'd fuck up RE3's timeline to explain a detail that no one cares about.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
I doubt they'd retcon the timeline so much that Leon & Claire were at the police station the same day the whole outbreak occurred. Also the helicopter in RE2 is a small civilian one. Not very likely it was sent to collect the militarised platoon of UBCS...

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
I doubt they'd retcon the timeline so much that Leon & Claire were at the police station the same day the whole outbreak occurred. Also the helicopter in RE2 is a small civilian one. Not very likely it was sent to collect the militarised platoon of UBCS...
No, the helicopter which crashed in RE2 belonged to RPD.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
No, the helicopter which crashed in RE2 belonged to RPD.
Assumingly. It was in the original but in the remake, from what I recall, it doesn't have any logo on it.

WBj1SXr.png

That white line design doesn't exactly scream police chopper to me but it's generally best to assume it's the station's one.

EDIT: Scratch that. I'm actually pretty sure it's not a police one purely on the fact that whilst in the original game there is a helipad, there actually isn't one in remake.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
Assumingly. It was in the original but in the remake, from what I recall, it doesn't have any logo on it.

WBj1SXr.png

That white line design doesn't exactly scream police chopper to me but it's generally best to assume it's the station's one.

EDIT: Scratch that. I'm actually pretty sure it's not a police one purely on the fact that whilst in the original game there is a helipad, there actually isn't one in remake.
RPD definitely has helicopters. Even STARS has designated ones. Not all helipads have to be build on roofs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom