• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4=eyegasm to the max!!!

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Just started disk #2 and am fighting Krauser for the first time in the wherehouse looking environment...

There is NO WAY the Gamecube is producing these graphics...HOOOLLLLEEEE SHYTE!!!!

This game appeals to my inner graphic whore :D

Ranger X

Resident Evil 4 fucking rules. Just you wait when you realise that there's just as much as cool extras when you finish the game as there was in RE2 for example or again, RE remake.

Mr Gump

Banned
I have to get it one of these days, but not at the price they are asking. Im low on cash as of late and this is the most expensive game on the shelves here.

Ranger X

Mr Gump said:
I have to get it one of these days, but not at the price they are asking. Im low on cash as of late and this is the most expensive game on the shelves here.

It's worth the price dude. Just buy it and you'll do with that RE4 what you are presently doing to that pole.

miyuru

My thoughts on RE4, by Miyuru Fernando:

demihaswood8iu.gif
demihaswood8iu.gif
demihaswood8iu.gif

Wyzdom said:
It's worth the price dude. Just buy it and you'll do with that RE4 what you are presently doing to that pole.

:lol read my mind!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I thought the game looked really good too. But I don't understand all the orgasming about the graphics. Some of the textures in that game are horrible looking.

Ranger X

Truelize said:
I thought the game looked really good too. But I don't understand all the orgasming about the graphics. Some of the textures in that game are horrible looking.

Well the game is not technically hot but the art direction is so powerfull and well done that it makes it for our orgasms.

Odnetnin

Banned
Kleegamefan said:
Just started disk #2 and am fighting Krauser for the first time in the wherehouse looking environment...

There is NO WAY the Gamecube is producing these graphics...HOOOLLLLEEEE SHYTE!!!!

This game appeals to my inner graphic whore :D

I want to KISS you. :) Thanks for buying this game (at least I hope you did)

Um. you not going to believe what else is coming next but its THE BEST EVER BOSS FIGHT + LEAD UP TO BOSS FIGHT. Damn, I'm getting shivers thinking about it.

RE4 for president!

FightyF

Banned
I was hoping for an Xbox version, because I heard the PS2 version will have a downgrade in graphics.

I think I'll wait till the price drops...plus play it on the Revolution, because I can only have 4 consoles hooked up to my TV at once and the GC is getting the short end of the stick at the moment.

But I just remembered, that might change if the new WWE game coming out for it is actually good.

shpankey

not an idiot
It's true, RE4 is just so fricken amazing. I loved every bit of it. And yeah... the graphics are ALL THAT!

Ranger X

Odnetnin said:
I want to KISS you. :) Thanks for buying this game (at least I hope you did)

Um. you not going to believe what else is coming next but its THE BEST EVER BOSS FIGHT + LEAD UP TO BOSS FIGHT. Damn, I'm getting shivers thinking about it.

RE4 for president!

My only grip though is that the
2 major bosses were too easy. One rocket for the kid and 2 rockets for Saddler...

Odnetnin

Banned
Fight for Freeform said:
I was hoping for an Xbox version, because I heard the PS2 version will have a downgrade in graphics.

I think I'll wait till the price drops...plus play it on the Revolution, because I can only have 4 consoles hooked up to my TV at once and the GC is getting the short end of the stick at the moment.

But I just remembered, that might change if the new WWE game coming out for it is actually good.

you're in luck because according to folder....

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
bought this yesterday - looks stunning. and there's something satisfying about throwing a grenade, and accidentally taking out a chicken :p BANG!

Odnetnin

Banned
Wyzdom said:
My only grip though is that the
2 major bosses were too easy. One rocket for the kid and 2 rockets for Saddler...

sorry but if you are using the RL for the game (1st runthrough anyhow). You are a softcock gamer. That is all.

fight saddler with the knife; I love stabbing that eye. :) and pistol for lots of fun

Ranger X

It's the only instance i did use the RL. I don't see what is cheap in that. Just don't fucking sell it at the merchant or make it so i can't buy it.
That was still omgwtfbbq satisfying to use you know :lol

Don't be a pussy, avoid
using the knife on Krauser
. Seriously, it's much more intense to just use the guns you have, the
knife
makes it too easy.

ChrisReid

Duck of Death said:
Don't be a pussy, avoid
using the knife on Krauser
. Seriously, it's much more intense to just use the guns you have, the
knife
makes it too easy.

Well, the reason it's easier with the
knife
is because they want you to have a cool
knife fight
with the
knife wielding
dude. Adds to the atmosphere of that great boss battle.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
Well the game is not technically hot but the art direction is so powerfull and well done that it makes it for our orgasms.

You're wrong, it accomplishes plenty on the technical side. It did have "muddy" textures in places, but other areas more than made up for them. If it's simply all "art assets" then the PS2 should have no trouble running it.

COCKLES

being watched
RE4 looks stunning.

Just it would have looked a hell lot more stunning on the Xbox.

And sold more.

Thanks Capcom!

Having said that I think it's safe to say they'll be a Xenon DIRECTORS CUT within 6 months of the new console launching. When it comes to milking - nobody does it better.

i got the game on the release day and have not finished it yet.
i like it but i just dont get the feeling that i want to play it anymore, i am at the place where you fight that guy who is locked up in the prison with those huge motherfucking knifes attached to the arms.

with MGS3 i feelt that i could take time out of my normal schedule to play it until i finished it, but i dont seem the get that feeling with RE4 :(

i love the graphics in it but hmm survival horror games just dont seem to be my kind of thing!

and Kleegamefan can you post a pic of the Krauser battle?
i want to see what is so special with the graphics in that battle.

COCKLES said:
RE4 looks stunning.

Just it would have looked a hell lot more stunning on the Xbox.

And sold more.

Thanks Capcom!

Having said that I think it's safe to say they'll be a Xenon DIRECTORS CUT within 6 months of the new console launching. When it comes to milking - nobody does it better.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Nintendo got a GREAT game, everyone cry.

Spend $50 bucks and get a used cube and suck it up.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Cockles is right. Japanese games ESPECIALLY Capcom games sell like mad on the Xbox. :lol

I already want my sequel. Come Back Mikami! :(

I'm currently addicted to RE4, I finished it for the first time a few days ago and I started a new game (New Round) right away and I'm already half-way through disc 1 again... It plays and looks so good it is orgasmic... I never agreed when people said "The PS2 is showing its age graphically", but after going back and forth between RE4 and God of War, I couldn't help but see the big gap in visuals. For what it's worth, I'm still early in GoW, and I'm sure the later parts are more impressive.

Everyone must own a GC and RE4!

Naked Snake said:
I'm currently addicted to RE4, I finished it for the first time a few days ago and I started a new game (New Round) right away and I'm already half-way through disc 1 again... It plays and looks so good it is orgasmic... I never agreed when people said "The PS2 is showing it's age graphically", but after going back and forth between RE4 and God of War, I couldn't help but see the big gap in visuals. For what it's worth, I'm still early in GoW, and I'm sure the later parts are more impressive.

Everyone must own a GC and RE4!

I really don't understand why you just talked about the Ps2 there.

olimario

Banned
Some areas in the game looked horrible and some were the best looking this gen. I've never seen such a mixed bag visually.

BAD
-Pretty much anywhere inside the castle except for the room with the reflective water.
-The area beside the lake

ABSOLUTELY UNREAL
-Village Chief Boss Fight
-The area in the lab where Leon talks to Saddler. It's night and the moon is pouring in. That was probably the best looking area in the game. I spent 10 minutes in there wondering how they did what they did.
-The lab. Holy shit.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
The area in the lab where Leon talks to Saddler. It's night and the moon is pouring in. That was probably the best looking area in the game. I spent 10 minutes in there wondering how they did what they did.

That is the part I am talking about.....they start a cinema where
ashley goes with Saddler
and I am thinking "OK" *this* is CG....AND THEN THE GAME STARTS!!!

OH FUCK!!!

Did you notice all the dust-like particles floating around the night air that you can still see in the shadows but really show up in the moonlight...it was one part of the game that had totally convincing graphics.....better than any PS2 or XBOX game HANDS DOWN....I don't know how, but they did it....

RE4 is where great art and great technology meet...

When I went around this whole area, leading up to the (1st) Krauser fight I though to myself "if the average Xbox 360 has this much detail, I will be happy"...

No joke....parts of this game are head an shoulders above any other game this gen, graphically....it has to be seen to be believed....

It is true though, that there are some parts that look "good" but have muddy textures and what looks like a lack of enough colors (like the clouds or ocean during the night)

Its weird :/

RE4 doesn't have balanced graphics, IMO....there are parts that look great, but not amazing, and then there are parts where they just NAILED it....

robertsan21 said:
i got the game on the release day and have not finished it yet.
i like it but i just dont get the feeling that i want to play it anymore, i am at the place where you fight that guy who is locked up in the prison with those huge motherfucking knifes attached to the arms.

with MGS3 i feelt that i could take time out of my normal schedule to play it until i finished it, but i dont seem the get that feeling with RE4 :(

i love the graphics in it but hmm survival horror games just dont seem to be my kind of thing!

and Kleegamefan can you post a pic of the Krauser battle?
i want to see what is so special with the graphics in that battle.

Turn the game on and just let sit there at the menu screen, after a few seconds have past, a trailer will start showing you the battle, but not in its entirety.

Oh and you have to get the RL and fire that bad daddy down a dark hallway, just to watch it dynamically light the hallway from beginning to end.

I think so, I get the feeling Nintendo has made a push to get the sequel exclusively. Iwata and Reggie spoke about the game alot at GDC. Nintendo needs start running commercials for RE4 again, I still see commercials for GTA SA on G4TV.

Ranger X

I really liked the graphics in the castle. It's one of my favorite part of the game.
The places i didn't like were the overused-and-especially-i-am-tired-of-it laboratory section. And all the grotto sections aren't as impressive to me as most other places.
The last island is pretty much good looking all the way through it.

Wyzdom said:
I really liked the graphics in the castle. It's one of my favorite part of the game.

I agree. Especially the interior of the castle, once you get the castle gate key and open the door... The texture work on the carpets is so beautiful, the whole thing looks great IMO, I don't know what Olimario is smoking.

The lava/fire room has to be one the most impressive real-time demonstrations on a console today.

Capcom delivered REmake quality graphics in full 3D at smooth 30 frames per second. Next gen is going to absolutely blow my mind.

Culex

Banned
OG_Original Gamer said:
Yeah, I've been searching the net for pics of that area, with no luck.

Here, I snapped some shots for you. That area runs at least 25-30 fps with no slowdown. That's even with the fire distortion effects, too, so I don't know what people are talking about.

LavaRe41.jpg

LavaRe42.jpg

LavaRe43.jpg

LavaRe44.jpg

LavaRe45.jpg

The textures in the fire pit room look really good, too.

oldskool

Incredible game. I beat it three times and put over 100 hours into this game. Everybody who hasn't started a new game on the hardest difficulty must do so. Complaints about the last boss battle will fall by the wayside. On the harder difficulty I actually put 29 hours into it and died over 100 times. Let's not forget the extras after beating the game...

Top Bottom