• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4=eyegasm to the max!!!

LakeEarth

It's fun to use, especially if you wanna rake in money fast to upgrade the handcannon. It might 'ruin' the game, but really, if you've played the game that much it don't matter. You can't use it in pro until you beat it anyways. And it's a million pesas.

LakeEarth said:
It's fun to use, especially if you wanna rake in money fast to upgrade the handcannon. It might 'ruin' the game, but really, if you've played the game that much it don't matter. You can't use it in pro until you beat it anyways. And it's a million pesas.

Don't get me started on the hand cannon either.... I had more fun playing mercenaries to get to that gun then actually playing with the gun. Stupid gun....

-Hi, I'm the big bad boss! Look at the size of me, Aren't you scared?
-Big bad boss, meet hand cannon. *BOOM! BAM! BIM!*
*End of big bad boss*

Seriously, I'd rather play Texas hold'em on partypoker.com then sit through another game using the hand cannon/chicago typewriter.

LakeEarth

Yeah well that's what the weapons are for, to just blow through the game again. If you want to play the game the way it's meant to be played, start again without any upgraded weapons. With an exclusive Red 9 all the ganados take one shot to take down, even in the foot.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Shogmaster said:
Don't get me started on the hand cannon either.... I had more fun playing mercenaries to get to that gun then actually playing with the gun. Stupid gun....

-Hi, I'm the big bad boss! Look at the size of me, Aren't you scared?
-Big bad boss, meet hand cannon. *BOOM! BAM! BIM!*
*End of big bad boss*

Seriously, I'd rather play Texas hold'em on partypoker.com then sit through another game using the hand cannon/chicago typewriter.

Please the handcannon is nowhere NEAR as cheap as the Typewriter even if you buy the unlimited ammon special upgrade. Try to use that handcannon to take on groups of those insects monsters and prepared to be liquified. Its an overpowered Magnum with HUMUNGOUS recoil but the butterfly maxed out does comparable damage. HC ammo is also very hard to come by if you have any other heavy weapon in your inventory like the Shotgun or Rifle.

TheDiave

Banned
Kleegamefan said:
So are there any rumblings about RE5??

Really intrested in the franchise now!!!
You didn't play a Resident Evil before this one? What the hell kind of Gamefan editor were you? :lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
After
Saddler's guys killed Mike, I hated Saddler so much. :lol

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
GaimeGuy said:
After
Saddler's guys killed Mike, I hated Saddler so much. :lol

I remember people got into a debate about who mattered more
when they died Mike or Luis. I voted for Mike he got me through more tight spots while Luis got in the way more than helped in the Cabin sequence.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Shaheed79 said:
I remember people got into a debate about who mattered more
when they died Mike or Luis. I voted for Mike he got me through more tight spots while Luis got in the way more than helped in the Cabin sequence.
Damnit
Luis kicked ass, too. :(

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
GaimeGuy said:
Damnit
Luis kicked ass, too. :(

Oh you were on the, "other", side. :lol

Naw I'm kidding he was cool
just severely under developed like most every other supporting character in the game.

Shaheed79 said:
Please the handcannon is nowhere NEAR as cheap as the Typewriter even if you buy the unlimited ammon special upgrade. Try to use that handcannon to take on groups of those insects monsters and prepared to be liquified. Its an overpowered Magnum with HUMUNGOUS recoil but the butterfly maxed out does comparable damage. HC ammo is also very hard to come by if you have any other heavy weapon in your inventory like the Shotgun or Rifle.

The thing is, no one is going to use HC unless they max it out, cause the ammo is so rare. They should have made HC use regular magnum ammo so this could be avoided, but alas....

BTW, HC at max is like 100 pts damage. Broken Butterfly is like 50ish at max. And HC goes through as many enemies that are lined up. I wized through the game with HC, and to challenge myself, I started to force myself to get only head shots.

J2 Cool

SPOILERS I guess.

I thought it was hilarious, the first time I caught Mike's name was after he was shot and Leon yell's it. Then I go to the ledge, press A to look over, and it says something like "Mike..." :lol And what was up with Krauser? "You used to be a good guy". Mention of Wesker too, was that necessary :lol Or Ada, who had no explanation at all. Then at the end, Ashley asks if Leon would "put in overtime". He says no, she asks about Ada, and he says "let's just say it's someone I can't let go of" or something lame :lol Just great cheesy action stuff. I was waiting for Leon to attack her the whole time but he was such a softy.

Oh, and the other things, how many excuses can you have to "split up"? Ada jumps through a window, shoots some guy, tells Leon something mysterious and cool. Then Leon says "why are you here?". "Maybe you'll find out some day" *jumps out window*. Luis was just as bad. One ridiculous plot. Not to mention the back and forth smart ass lines by both by Saddler, Napoleon, and of course Leon. Almost too much to bear. And guys like Krauser were demons?? Pumps the arm out like a pimple.

But anyway, made for one hell of a game, even if they did decide there's no point in an actual developed story. I think they may have started with the thought of an actual focused story, with the Village Chief and thinking zombies, before making the game a mixing pot of ideas. In a lot of ways, it was just old school gaming. Just get the story in there to put you in the tense action filled situations. They had a ton too. Almost seemed like it'd never end. Some of em were really memorable though. Luis and Leon co-op in the tower was really cool. Undead throwing up ladders, coming up stairs. Total sense of impending doom you catch in all those great horror films. Then there's the El Gigante. Awesome creation in a game. The boat scene. Mike. Krauser. Non stop action thriller.

Oh, and on design, I really thought the Village Chief and El Gigante shined. He'd have been better than Saddler in the lead role, even if he didn't speak english. It'd only take a bit of subtitling. Ah well, guess they blew their load early.

Ash Housewares

The Mountain Jew
J2 Cool said:
Oh, and the other things, how many excuses can you have to "split up"? Ada jumps through a window, shoots some guy, tells Leon something mysterious and cool. Then Leon says "why are you here?". "Maybe you'll find out some day" *jumps out window*. Luis was just as bad. One ridiculous plot. Not to mention the back and forth smart ass lines by both by Saddler, Napoleon, and of course Leon. Almost too much to bear. And guys like Krauser were demons?? Pumps the arm out like a pimple.

the most commonly used line in the RE series has always been "let's split up"

as long as we're spoilerizing and all

Krauser's arm is very reminiscient of Tyrant's, and he mentions something about dying in an accident, and he works for Umbrella so... he's been saved by the T-Virus?

that's my theory anyhow

pringles

The moments i like the best graphically in RE4 is when you find a carriage packed with barrels, shoot it and it starts burning and rolling, preferably toward a bunch of enemies.
They're rare, there's only like 3 or 4 in the entire game if I remember correctly, and the best one is outside the church at night, in the rain.

I've never been so impressed by a graphical effect in a game, ever.

Overall, what the game does the best graphically imho is definately effects like fire, water, dust, wind, rain, blood etc.
I played SC:CT shortly after playing RE4 and found myself being disgusted at the fire effect in that game. RE4 has without a doubt raised the bar quite a bit.

LakeEarth

J2 Cool said:
SPOILERS I guess.

I thought it was hilarious, the first time I caught Mike's name was after he was shot and Leon yell's it. Then I go to the ledge, press A to look over, and it says something like "Mike..." :lol And what was up with Krauser? "You used to be a good guy". Mention of Wesker too, was that necessary :lol Or Ada, who had no explanation at all. Then at the end, Ashley asks if Leon would "put in overtime". He says no, she asks about Ada, and he says "let's just say it's someone I can't let go of" or something lame :lol Just great cheesy action stuff. I was waiting for Leon to attack her the whole time but he was such a softy.
Beat Assignment Ada. And for the rest, the plot wasn't straightforward and didn't hold your hand with the plot.
Krauser was killed and Wesker used an upgraded G/T-virus. Bonus spoiler, Krauser and Ada are there to get the Las Plagas sample, and now Wesker has the T-virus, G-virus, T-Veronica virus and now, Las Plagas (I don't remember what happened to the Nemesis project).

And I barely exprienced any slowdown, and only during 2-3 explosions going on at once or something. And only a few tearing ground textures that you could only see at one angle.

J2 Cool

LakeEarth said:
Beat Assignment Ada. And for the rest, the plot wasn't straightforward and didn't hold your hand with the plot.

yeah, well, oddly enough I enjoyed the story. I just had to laugh every once in a while at some of the crazier moments or lines. I'll check out Assignment Ada when I'm hunrgy for a little more RE4 some time.

I originally got to the 2nd disc 3 months ago. Stopped playing because my GC controller really started messing up. Then beat it on an RE4 binge the last day or two. So I'm a little burnt out on it now.

Top Bottom