• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Village - Teaser Trailer | PS VR2

killatopak

Gold Member
I thought I was hallucinating but it really is fucking dual wield. Can’t wait to play this in VR. Hopefully with a new DLC as well.

I hope this is a free upgrade. Bought RE8 a good while back on a sale, but haven't started it yet.
I wouldn't hold your breath. It looks like it was remade to be a VR game.

Plus, you'll likely be spending $499 or $599 for a PSVR 2 headset, so what's another $60?

Stuart360

I hope this is a free upgrade. Bought RE8 a good while back on a sale, but haven't started it yet.
Why would it be a free upgrade?. It take time to add proper VR support to a game, just ask some of the modders who do it for other games.
Now obviously it shouldnt be like $30 or something, but $15-20 is a fair price.

CuNi

I am always torn on those.
I am very happy that VR as a tech is getting new games and in this case even insane quality ones and am jealous of everyone being able to play these.
But I hate the fact that we are starting to fragment the VR market like consoles. Meta money hats VR games like RE4:VR, Vader etc. PSVR also has it's fair share of exclusives.
Still hoping to one day reach a point in VR where all VR games are playable on all VR System and only difference is price, brand and features/hardware.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
But I hate the fact that we are starting to fragment the VR market
Starting to?
Oculus has been buying exclusives left and right since 2016, and they never really stopped (and theirs are mostly permanent - not timed in any manner).
Sony and Valve have not been printing them as much - but they've added their fair share nonetheless. At worst - this is a continuation of a 5 year trend (but we're assuming these will stay exclusive - given Sony's new penchant for PC ports, who knows).

Still hoping to one day reach a point in VR where all VR games are playable on all VR System and only difference is price, brand and features/hardware.
If the subscription services take over, IPs will be locked to that instead, and mostly hw-agnostic software will happen down the line.
If they don't - hw exclusivity will never truly go away. For VR the existence of all-in-one headsets is the forcing function there.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Might replay it for this.
Still not sold on VR

note: you don't need to tell me how good VR is, I know all there is.
I had the original PSVR and I just believe it's potential is being underutilized.
RE7 was probably the only decent game I played on it.

Kev Kev

mother FUCK YESSSS

been waiting for this to come to VR before playing. its gonna be so worth the wait! made that mistake with re7, not gonna do that again. and re4 remake too! hell yes

Austin Powers Dancing GIF

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Why would it be a free upgrade?. It take time to add proper VR support to a game, just ask some of the modders who do it for other games.
Now obviously it shouldnt be like $30 or something, but $15-20 is a fair price.

Wasn't RE7 free for PSVR (or rather included)?

Shmunter

I'm not certain as i'm on PC but i thought RE7 had PSVR support included in the game?. This is a bit different i think as its something developed later.
Hopefully subsidised by Sony to make it a free patch. Obviously couldn’t be there day one as the hat is not out yet.

Would have LOVED to play this at launch in VR. RE7 VR at launch, with little to no knowledge of what I was getting into, was one of the best horror experiences I've ever had in a videogame. I already know RE8 inside and out so I'm worried this won't have the same effect... but I'll still check it out.

ZoukGalaxy

Gold Member
I KNEW IT ! I WAS RIGHT !
RE8 was planned for PSVR #2 ! I'm so happy to have TOTALLY ignored RE8 and waited patiently 💖😻💖

Day. ONE.

#PSVR4EVA

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Resident Evil Village PS VR2 vs Base PS5 Early Graphics Comparison I doubt it'll look that good in VR mode, but we'll see. Hope I'm wrong.
There's not much reason it wouldn't in this case - it's translating an existing 60fps game across, so it shouldn't even need eye-tracking to match the fidelity.

Top Bottom