• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retailer puts warning notice on PS5s: ‘Microsoft has bought Activision!’

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Unless it's fake it's prolly an attempt to get rid of an XBox stock. CoD is not as big in France as if seems to be in most places and the french barely acknowledge the existance of xbox...

*Belgium

Also probably faked.

BlackTron

Gold Member
The people who work in these stores usually aren't the brightest, and usually not above console warring. I managed a GameStop for a few years in my early 20s, and we had one part timer who put stickynotes on all our gameguides saying "toilet reading for noobs".

I would bet this is one employee acting on his own.

I'm a nerd who actually WANTED to work at Gamestop when I was 19 (though I never did).

This is exactly the kind of stuff that made even ME apalled and disappointed with my gamer brethren. I grew up under the impression I was the biggest nerd of all time only to learn what REAL nerds are like. JFC. Today, just thinking about the behavior of the game store employees I've seen first hand makes me want to crawl under a rock and hide my game collection.

MonarchJT

Banned
joke or not, a good salesman should warn that there is a very high probability that a globally important game like COD will become xbox exclusive and that at best of the hypothesis it will cost 9.99 euros on one console and 81.99 on the other

Last edited:

Nezzeroth

It will and who here really gives a shit? How often did we ever see anyone praising call of duty. Its been a laughing stock for years. Nothing is lost for most of us here who don't even play call of duty.
The casual market is huge and CoD makes a ton of money. I’ve never played a CoD game in my life, but I’d be stupid if I pretended this won’t have a big impact on the industry. Just look at Sony stocks since the news came out.

The casual market is huge and CoD makes a ton of money. I’ve never played a CoD game in my life, but I’d be stupid if I pretended this won’t have a big impact on the industry. Just look at Sony stocks since the news came out.

Of course it will have an impact but it will level off. Also I'm not even talking about casuals. I'm talking about the hardcore who have been hating call of duty for years. Nothing is lost for you guys apart from your feeling being hurt because Sony will lose some money and hardware sales. Who cares? Sony can lose 10m players and still sell over 100m consoles.

Concern

I love that so many people all of a sudden care about Activision games again.

Marine Life Reaction GIF by pikaole

I love how all of a sudden "activision always sucked".

Nice alt btw

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
"Had good calls this week with leaders at Sony. I confirmed our intent to honor all existing agreements upon acquisition of Activision Blizzard and our desire to keep Call of Duty on PlayStation. Sony is an important part of our industry, and we value our relationship."

ehzzy93n15131.jpg

" we respect current contracts and then we go exclusive".

They said the same with Bethesda until the deal was done. If they tell now that they will go exclusive, then the anti trust law would instantly block any acquisition.

Spencer says nothing about call of duty for PlayStation after the , which is something he specific mentions.

He says nothing about call of duty onward after the agreement.

fLKiJfP.jpg

Why is PlayStation not listed for Starfield? It makes no sense since Spencer loves to purchase expensive companies and release the games as multi platform.

I'm confused.

Lognor

Banned
"Had good calls this week with leaders at Sony. I confirmed our intent to honor all existing agreements upon acquisition of Activision Blizzard and our desire to keep Call of Duty on PlayStation. Sony is an important part of our industry, and we value our relationship."

ehzzy93n15131.jpg

They said the same with Bethesda until the deal was done. If they tell now that they will go exclusive, then the anti trust law would instantly block any acquisition.

Spencer says nothing about call of duty for PlayStation after the , which is something he specific mentions.

fLKiJfP.jpg

Why is PlayStation not listed for Starfield? It makes no sense since Spencer loves to purchase expensive companies and release the games as multi platform.

I'm confused.
Someone told me recently that Starfield is a timed exclusive and will be hitting PS5 6-12 months after its Xbox launch :messenger_tears_of_joy:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
This is why Sony really bought them, hoping the false narrative will become no more halo on xbox.

DeaDPo0L84

These stores are gonna have to use whiteboards with erasable markers considering how quick this shit is changing, printer ink is expensive.

Kagey K

Banned
“Notice to gamers, PlayStation has bought Bungie! Choose your machine carefully (Destiny 2)”.
They could just put that on a little sticky note on each boxed copy of Destiny 2.

Is there even boxed copies anymore since its free 2 play?

It would be pretty backward of any retailer to do something of that type.
The fact that the person who reported it is saying that the retailer "allegedly" did it largely suggests that it's either the person who's reporting it looking for a bit of publicity or somebody who works in the shop making a joke.
My business isn't a retail business but I know that my employees know better than to joke about things publicly, the Call of Duty notice could affect people buying a product but with all of the recent news about all the crap in Activison being public outside of gaming news channels, this could go equally as badly in other direction also.
Even if it was somebody joking and feeling that they were trying to help customers by throwing the Activision name around I would imagine it is well above the pay grade of the people who are serving customers.

ehzzy93n15131.jpg

fLKiJfP.jpg

I'm confused.
I think Spencer is just playing games with his wording there. CoD will come to PS5 after 2023.

Vaelka

Who actually gives a fuck about CoD still?
I don't understand how people can buy the same game only often worse over and over again each year.

Who actually gives a fuck about CoD still?
I don't understand how people can buy the same game only often worse over and over again each year.
I don't think the majority of people on sites like this do. They'll just use it as fuel in their fanboy wars to prop up their favorite box.

Top Bottom