• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retailer puts warning notice on PS5s: ‘Microsoft has bought Activision!’

Let me respond to this again.

A thread was made on Resetera an hour ago.

The exact comment I was referring to was linked.

You guys seriously get so defensive on here.
Aaaand the thread is closed,

and the guy posting it a second time after it is revealed as fake and acting like a console warrior is banned.

It is fake. Move on.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Aaaand the thread is closed,

and the guy posting it a second time after it is revealed as fake and acting like a console warrior is banned.

It is fake. Move on.

That place isn't exactly the arbiter of truth. It's the same people who banned anyone who said Maria Mint was fired from Nintendo for being a hooker instead of the accepted narrative that she was fired because Goobergaters were harassing her.

Concern

Retailer puts warning notice on PS5s: ‘Microsoft has bought Activision!’​

Neogaf thread discussion already longer than Call of Duty Vanguard OT just hours later.​

Bobs Burgers Straws GIF

That place isn't exactly the arbiter of truth. It's the same people who banned anyone who said Maria Mint was fired from Nintendo for being a hooker instead of the accepted narrative that she was fired because Goobergaters were harassing her.
No need for logic bombs or shifting goalposts, for this instance theirs is the correct response.

Is there a response other than shifting discussion by you, are you arguing for the thread to be open when the picture is fake and the article based on that fake photo is rendered obsolete?

No, it's the next two mainline COD games (2022 and 2023) and Warzone 2 (which is probably 2023). The 2024 COD won't be on the PS5.
We will see when the time comes. When the acquisition finalizes, they will have to clarify their statements because their statements as of now doesn't provide definitive info for what will MS do after abiding Sony contract.

When you say won't you are most likely right BUT likely is the keyword, there is no definitive statement or announcement that 100% spells it out clearly after Sony contract ends. But you yourself as a gamer can't still definitively say one way or the other like "The 2024 COD won't be on the PS5" because you don't know or prove it.

Last edited:

Deerock71

We will see when the time comes. When the acquisition finalizes, they will have to clarify their statements because their statements as of now doesn't provide definitive info for what will MS do after abiding Sony contract.
I imagine Phil will wipe his ass with that old contract and mail it to Sony.

FrankWza

That is just disgusting. Get help.
I guess you missed the other thread where Sony “begged” them to keep cod on PlayStation?
And.....?

Still number one selling Playstation game. Keep reaching tho 😉
What does a 4 page OT have to do with sales and what I said? Nothing. If anything, that should mean it would be more popular here. And I’m the one reaching? Someone hand baby a rattle please. He’s still not getting what he wants.
And again, drama over Sony losing a game, multiple threads more than 4 pages in hours or days. OT about that game, 4 pages in 3 months.

That is just stern liability talk of do this or we will sue and there's a contract that backs us... I don't see begging, only stupid forum posters inferring that as begging when it is not. And no I wasn't around for all this stupid drama, it's clear who is a deranged fanboy and who is not. The person I recommended to get help is the former, doesn't matter which brand of plastic he worships.

Deerock71

That is just stern liability talk of do this or we will sue and there's a contract that backs us... I don't see begging, only stupid forum posters inferring that as begging when it is not. And no I wasn't around for all this stupid drama, it's clear who is a deranged fanboy and who is not. The person I recommended to get help is the former, doesn't matter which brand of plastic he worships.
I assume you're referring to me? I'm a Nintendo fanboy that happens to be a fly on the wall. I know Nintendo would laugh Sony out of the room if they asked for their first party titles, and I'd expect nothing different from Microsoft.

Swift_Star

Banned
You don't tell me what to do in my establishment!!! :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ohh, so it's actually a troll, the actual store didn't do it? That's all you had to say. I thought you meant the person who works at the store is an xbox fanboy. And, yes, it makes a lot of sense to properly inform buyers about what they may be getting into if they're getting it for a specific purpose. I've seen it done many times before. I've walked into gamestop before, and when buying an xbox one the store owner asks me if I liked Uncharted because I was looking at the trailer running on the TV. I was like "hell yea, can't wait for part 4" then they told me "then you might want to get a PS4 instead." I told them I already had one, as well as an xbox one, was just picking up another one as a gift.

That's just proper customer service if your staff is knowledgeable. What if I were really dumb enough to be buying an Xbox One thinking I'd get to play Uncharted 4? The person had to be certain lol.
Too much text expresses a lot of salt. Calm down, this is just a troll picture.

DavJay

That’s just weird discouraging sales but then again they want to avoid mass returns. But are they aware the deal isn’t closed until at least mid 2023?

FrankWza

Because it's an actual thread about it rather than a derail inside another thread.
No. It’s someone in a similar thread making something up. The verge article he used as “proof” was the same subject as the wsj article the thread you just posted is about.

Last edited:

Fredrik

The real shock will be the year cod is exclusive to Xbox, and billion$ selling game becomes a 0$ selling game due to gamepass.

Maybe the warning sign should be on the console box "COD sales across the globe are about to turn to shit, please understand"
Call of Duty will still come to PC too and if you’ve seen any sales list you know that people are still buying games that are up on Gamepass, some of the biggest sellers on Xbox are on Gamepass.

Ozriel

M$FT
The real shock will be the year cod is exclusive to Xbox, and billion$ selling game becomes a 0$ selling game due to gamepass.

Maybe the warning sign should be on the console box "COD sales across the globe are about to turn to shit, please understand"

Do you not understand that that would coincide with a significant growth in Gamepass numbers that will actually delight Microsoft? Not to mention a guaranteed large player base?

The quality of posts I’ve seen in 2022…yeesh.

I assume you're referring to me? I'm a Nintendo fanboy that happens to be a fly on the wall. I know Nintendo would laugh Sony out of the room if they asked for their first party titles, and I'd expect nothing different from Microsoft.
First it's not "theirs" yet, or "their first party" yet. Second if/when the studio becomes MS first party, there is still a contract binding them to release some of the future CoD games on multiple platforms including PS, like how it shapes up in Deathloop's timed exclusivity which even left out MS. So no one is laughing anyone out the door in this case. This isn't Sony asking MS to make Halo available on their PS platform, CoD is Multiplatform to begin with and contractually obligated to stay that way for the foreseeable future, beyond that period when contract ends it very well as be how you say, but we are not there yet and at least for a few years.

anothertech

Call of Duty will still come to PC too and if you’ve seen any sales list you know that people are still buying games that are up on Gamepass, some of the biggest sellers on Xbox are on Gamepass.
Do you not understand that that would coincide with a significant growth in Gamepass numbers that will actually delight Microsoft? Not to mention a guaranteed large player base?

The quality of posts I’ve seen in 2022…yeesh.
That was a joke post about a warning to retailers lol. Nothing to do with Ms.

But the fact you take it seriously is indeed comical.

Also, this subject is a complete farce - basically proven fake which was the spirit the original post was intended.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
So am I. I am sure that if you got sacked for doing that in Blighty, there would be an army of no win no fee solicitors ready to take the case for unfair dismissal
Prevention of sale is a fair reason for dismssal 😂

Top Bottom