• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal Ascension - Co-Op update and new content 22nd March 2022

Mr Hyde

So fucking hyped! Tower of Sisyphus sounds awesome. And co-op mode? Housemarque delivers the goods.

jim carrey hip thrusts GIF

SeraphJan

In comparison of Bloodborne, Gravity Rush, Demon Souls, Spiderman, Horizon or even Detroit. Returnal is no big deal.

Even Days Gone is a best exclusive than this overrated game by Jim Ryan
The game you've mentioned are all great.

But I don't understand where is the hate came from.

Returnal is one of the best game I've ever played, Housemarque is becoming one of my new favorite studio. Even before Returnal, their game is fun and innovative, Sony need more studio like this.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
In comparison of Bloodborne, Gravity Rush, Demon Souls, Spiderman, Horizon or even Detroit. Returnal is no big deal.

Even Days Gone is a best exclusive than this overrated game by Jim Ryan
Gameplay wise, returnal trash 3\4 of that list so much that is not even funny (and yes that include gravity trash)

Gameplay wise is the best sony game in years and one of the best tps of the last 10 years. (Shitty roguelite tho)

Kerotan

I fucking can't wait to go back.

Why later this year and not at release?

I knew they were cooking up something when I saw this

I have a backlog of 14 games to play. Why would I make that 15. Haven't even started GT7 yet. Only 2 hours of horizon. Currently playing doom eternal gold edition. After that horizon, then alien isolation then crash 4, gtu etc etc etc. I'm not buying returnal now and not even playing it till next year.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
I have a backlog of 14 games to play. Why would I make that 15. Haven't even started GT7 yet. Only 2 hours of horizon. Currently playing doom eternal gold edition. After that horizon, then alien isolation then crash 4, gtu etc etc etc. I'm not buying returnal now and not even playing it till next year.
Good, cause after you've played Returnal, Horizon is gonna feel like a snoozefest. Get rid of all the slowpaced games before Returnal.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Gameplay wise, returnal trash 3\4 of that list so much that is not even funny (and yes that include gravity trash)

Gameplay wise is the best sony game in years and one of the best tps of the last 10 years. (Shitty roguelite tho)

A launch game is not always the best... except for Demon souls.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Good, cause after you've played Returnal, Horizon is gonna feel like a snoozefest. Get rid of all the slowpaced games before Returnal.
Horizon slow paced?? Did you only played the first one on normal for any chance?

Because even normal on the second one had people on gaf crying because enemies are TOO aggressive.

I died way more in horizon on max difficulty than returnal, like WAY more.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Not sure what that mean but returnal is not a launch game.
It is because of the lack of exclusive games in such a short time.

But without a doubt, there may be better proposals.

I'm not saying you don't like it or change your preference.

My message is that SONY overvalues the game too much.

GymWolf

Gold Member

No it doesn't, the game deserve every bit of spotlight it can get.

If the same game was called metroid you would have 95 metacritic and people ripping their nippples off.

saintjules

k

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

If anything, Returnal is super underrated. Not a lot of people have played it and, therefore, do not know how absolutely terrific it is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom